Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

3 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Let’s stop speculating who I am and get back to speculating when the new album will drop.  Last thing I’ll add here, if the new Terminator movie has a new Guns song, I’d die. 

Do you really think so... I don't. Judging by the trailer, they're going for more dramatic songs. But anything can happen...

1 minute ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Let’s stop speculating who I am and get back to speculating when the new album will drop.  Last thing I’ll add here, if the new Terminator movie has a new Guns song, I’d die. 

I'm sure this one is meant to be a proper continuation of T2 as opposed to all the shite that came out under that banner in the intervening years.

If they're wanting to any big gimmick promo for new songs this could be ideal.

Arnie was always supportive of the lads and whilst I doubt the music involved would be solely his decision, I'd certainly figure his ideas would be considered.

1 minute ago, 2020_Intensions said:

So are the front-rowers gonna be screaming "PLAY HARD SCHOOL !!! HARD SCHOOL !!!!!!" at Axl when it gets quiet during this US tour? hehe 

If they do, I bet you he will respond with one of the following:

”Hardschool? What’s that? Do you mean Jackie Chan?”

or

”No, you downloading motherfucker! We’re gonna punish you by playing The Seeker five times in a row instead!”

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

If they do, I bet you he will respond with one of the following:

”Hardschool? What’s that? Do you mean Jackie Chan?”

or

”No, you downloading motherfucker! We’re gonna punish you by playing The Seeker five times in a row instead!”

Reading your response then immediately noticing your sig hahaha perfect XD 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

So are the front-rowers gonna be screaming "PLAY HARD SCHOOL !!! HARD SCHOOL !!!!!!" at Axl when it gets quiet during this US tour? hehe 

He cues it up, then just stares Slash dead in the eyes as he sings every last word.

Followed by, "you're still in my ass! Fuckhead, go home!"

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

If this song is in any way indicative of the material Axl has in reserve, then Duff and Slash will have to work miracles. It's starting to become clearer and clearer that Axl really didn't have much left in the tank creatively post-'93 - and by not communicating with either the press or fans, the mystery and legend of Chinese Democracy grew far bigger than what it really was - most likely, the CD project is a collection of mediocre half-finished demos with millions of dollars worth of production tacked on to cover up their lack of substance. I'd venture a guess that the best stuff Nu Guns had was already released in '08. 

Bob Ezrin was right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RONIN said:

If this song is in any way indicative of the material Axl has in reserve, then Duff and Slash will have to work miracles. It's starting to become clearer and clearer that Axl really didn't have much left in the tank creatively post-'93 - and by not communicating with either the press or fans, the mystery and legend of Chinese Democracy grew far bigger than what it really was - most likely, the CD project is a collection of mediocre half-finished demos with millions of dollars worth of production tacked on to cover up their lack of substance. I'd venture a guess that the best stuff Nu Guns had was already released in '08. 

Bob Ezrin was right.

How do you figure? I still strongly believe Axl saved "Big Guns" for a follow up & third release ...

• Like 1

I seriously think the notion of Axl having any "big guns" should be put to rest. Yes - as a fan, I do think the man is sitting on a lot of unfinished material in various stages. Some of it is probably pretty darn good, or at the very least interesting. I don't think he is in possession of anything that will bring world peace, or save the world in any way. 

Guns N' Roses are a nostalgia act. Like Metallica, like Bon Jovi, like Van Halen, KISS, Motley Crue, etc, etc, etc, etc... they can release a mediocre, or pretty solid rock record, that few people will genuinely care about, but as long as they're touring with a semi-respectable representation of their classic lineup under that banner, there is a lot of money to be made touring, and touring alone.

I hope to one day hear a treasure trove of unreleased material, but I'm not expecting much aside from "heh, that's pretty good," or "those lyrics are pretty solid." 

The myth of Axl Rose having any groundbreaking material should have ended with Chinese Democracy. He released a good album. No more, no less. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bdinan said:

I seriously think the notion of Axl having any "big guns" should be put to rest. Yes - as a fan, I do think the man is sitting on a lot of unfinished material in various stages. Some of it is probably pretty darn good, or at the very least interesting. I don't think he is in possession of anything that will bring world peace, or save the world in any way. 

Guns N' Roses are a nostalgia act. Like Metallica, like Bon Jovi, like Van Halen, KISS, Motley Crue, etc, etc, etc, etc... they can release a mediocre, or pretty solid rock record, that few people will genuinely care about, but as long as they're touring with a semi-respectable representation of their classic lineup under that banner, there is a lot of money to be made touring, and touring alone.

I hope to one day hear a treasure trove of unreleased material, but I'm not expecting much aside from "heh, that's pretty good," or "those lyrics are pretty solid." 

The myth of Axl Rose having any groundbreaking material should have ended with Chinese Democracy. He released a good album. No more, no less. 

What I think of "Big Guns" aren't world-changing like you described, simply epic songs on the level of TWAT, Prostitute ... I truly don't believe the best of those 10 years are all on the '08 release ...

Edited by 2020_Intensions

Just now, 2020_Intensions said:

What I think of "Big Guns" aren't world-changing like you described, simply epic songs on the level of TWAT, Prostitute 

Possibly; there's a certain mythology behind that era of songs named Atlas Shrugged, The General - which are probably the two "grails," that people have been after for a while. I have no doubt they are good, possibly great songs. I just don't lose sleep over it anymore lol.

There was a time (no pun intended, lol) where this stuff used to get my geeked. Those days are over.