GNRfanMILO

Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

8 hours ago, Mfegz said:

Ok, get me in the studio with these guys and i will 100% come up with something far far better 👍

The song is just lame and basic 🤷‍♂️ 

Same goes for Atlas.. Which is just embarrassing 🤦‍♂️ 

Are you serious!? Dude!! Go to Axls house,  not far from Point Magu off the PCH. Just show up and say sir, I can help you. I would actually root for this story for the shear absurdity. Look at it from my perspective, I’m sitting here giving advice to the next Izzy Stradlin. My shoulders will be a little wider tomorrow at work.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mfegz said:

Ok, get me in the studio with these guys and i will 100% come up with something far far better 👍

The song is just lame and basic 🤷‍♂️ 

Same goes for Atlas.. Which is just embarrassing 🤦‍♂️ 

Do better dude! Do you know how long it takes to record and mix a song? but go ahead you are "THE GUY'

45 minutes ago, santiago-gnr said:

Instrumental version in YouTube. Is legit?

It's just the regular version with the center channel (Axl's voice and lead guitars) removed in a software like Audacity.

Edited by Voodoochild

I just wanted to come here and say that, regardless of how anyone feels about any of these leaks, it’s still GREAT to finally hear axl’s voice again, especially on this song!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, santiago-gnr said:

Instrumental version in YouTube. Is legit?

Already mentioned above, but it's a pretty clear fake.

To clarify, there is NO instrumental Hard School out there at the moment.

I really like Hardschool, especially the verses and chorus. I'm not crazy about the intro/bridge/guitar solos, but that could easily be fixed with Duff and Slash. 

• Like 2

On 9/8/2019 at 2:11 AM, chevelle said:

Damn, I'm SO happy to finally hear this. The little clip of the "all cautions made" section had me curious for YEARS and I always thought it was probably part of a really good song. So for it to turn out that, yeah, it actually IS a really good song...it feels pretty satisfying after all these years.

i know what you mean in 2006 we thought this song was called checkmate but i can not stop listing to this song it hardcore badass can not wait hear the studio version hope it on the next album

7 hours ago, Rockytop said:

I really like Hardschool, especially the verses and chorus. I'm not crazy about the intro/bridge/guitar solos, but that could easily be fixed with Duff and Slash. 

yeah, either that; or they leave the lead guitar(s) during the "solo" in the background and that section serves as a bridge with some vocals and sung melodies added (maybe even doubeling some of the guitar-parts lyrically/vocally)... would give the song more dynamics and make it more diversified ... the way it is done now the track appears too repetitive imho (although i like the hooks) and is kinda running out of stream during that solo-part ...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whiny said:

yeah, either that; or they leave the lead guitar(s) during the "solo" in the background and that section serves as a bridge with some vocals and sung melodies added (maybe even doubeling some of the guitar-parts lyrically/vocally)... would give the song more dynamics and make it more diversified ... the way it is done now the track appears too repetitive imho (although i like the hooks) and is kinda running out of stream during that solo-part ...  

It's clearly not meant to stay the way it is now. I guess there were supposed to be vocals, a nice Slash solo would work as well. Or a mixture of both.

On 08/09/2019 at 2:52 AM, axlinkafayette said:

Hard school is easily the best song of any from the entire Axl solo era

Definitely top 5, if not top 3.

There Was a Time is my favourite by some distance, but of the leaks, Hard School is kicking ass

5 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

Definitely top 5, if not top 3.

There Was a Time is my favourite by some distance, but of the leaks, Hard School is kicking ass

Hardschool is the clear winner. It’s the only song of the new leaks that makes me wonder was it did not make the album. 

• Like 1

Listened to it again a few times today. Now I even dig the extended intro, especially on a decent pair of headphones to really feel the drums.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

The guitar into to this song is amazing. Classic gnr. Can’t get it out of my head.

It’s a member of the YCBM music family.

Slash adding some stuff would make a perfect single for the new album.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

The guitar into to this song is amazing. Classic gnr. Can’t get it out of my head.

Was Slash involved with this song back in the day? Duff said they were going to put a song on "the new Jackie Chan" movie in 95-96 on the Howard Stern show, was it this song?

30 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Was Slash involved with this song back in the day? Duff said they were going to put a song on "the new Jackie Chan" movie in 95-96 on the Howard Stern show, was it this song?

Not sure, but it does sound like a slash lick...

Brush this tough little nugget up and it'd be a pretty cool comeback single.

Won't light the world on fire, by any means, IMO, but, it's solid enough that with a Slash lead, it will appease what people might expect from a "new", post-reunion GnR tune.

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 1