Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

I would love to go to Australia. It's one part of the world I don't know yet (and Africa), and I like to expect that I will someday after all this shit.

About Hardschool, you guys really have to put in perspective how Slash and Duff tone and feel (overall, the GNR sound) would totally change the song already. It's kinda hard to judge it by only a 20 year old demo that could be totally reworked in its structure. For what it is, the demo sounds awesome to me, I very much like the changes and Axl's performance.

12 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

You guys should check out Midnight Oil's new song, 'Tarkine', about the forest in Tassie. Apparently they were going to release two albums this year - not sure on the plans now. Would link the song, but not sure about the rules on that one.

Yeah Tarkine forest is a big thing rn as the politicians wanna log it but its a huge area of heritage forest in our state! Ive never been but from what i can tell its a beautiful forest as ive been to some here and they are certainly different to anywhere else in the world ive been! So nice to know they made a song on it ill give it a listen thanks dude :) 

• Like 1

On 21/04/2020 at 9:20 PM, Joraz said:

I live in Oz in Tasmania but i didnt hear SOYL once but if i did damn i woulda been happy lol but i dont think they’ll ever reach mainstream success ever again but id be welcome to be wrong lol.

also good to see a fellow Australian here lol

Adelaide reppin here 👍 also heard SOYL once on radio here and we dont get MMM hard n heavy here so missed the better airplay... All good coz hardschool gets played via my ipod at work for the masses..😂😂

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 21/04/2020 at 9:50 PM, Joraz said:

I live in Oz in Tasmania but i didnt hear SOYL once but if i did damn i woulda been happy lol but i dont think they’ll ever reach mainstream success ever again but id be welcome to be wrong lol.

also good to see a fellow Australian here lol

There’s heaps of us Aussies here. Another Sydneysider here! 

Met up with a bunch of other Aussies in Vegas 2016 for the reunion gigs too! 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 10:45 AM, Voodoochild said:

I would love to go to Australia. It's one part of the world I don't know yet (and Africa), and I like to expect that I will someday after all this shit.

About Hardschool, you guys really have to put in perspective how Slash and Duff tone and feel (overall, the GNR sound) would totally change the song already. It's kinda hard to judge it by only a 20 year old demo that could be totally reworked in its structure. For what it is, the demo sounds awesome to me, I very much like the changes and Axl's performance.

Did Axl sing at all when they rehearsed hardschool? I didn't actually see the clip. I'm not sure which 'voice' he would use for that song. It is quite good, feels kinda like a UYI song almost. I'd love to hear them play it

1 hour ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Did Axl sing at all when they rehearsed hardschool? I didn't actually see the clip. I'm not sure which 'voice' he would use for that song. It is quite good, feels kinda like a UYI song almost. I'd love to hear them play it

Yeah, though it’s only audio. You don’t see him, it’s just audio out of the soundboard. 

Also that “GN’R tone” of Slash and Duff is all over the rehearsed version, and it sounds much much better

• Like 3

3 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Yes, Axl sang it on soundcheck. From the few seconds we heard, it sounded a lot like the studio delivery, but he struggled a bit to sing in key. 

2 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Also that “GN’R tone” of Slash and Duff is all over the rehearsed version, and it sounds much much better

To be fair, I think Duff's bass is what made it great. Slash's guitar didnt really stand out to me in that particular part.

Just now, Voodoochild said:

Yes, Axl sang it on soundcheck. From the few seconds we heard, it sounded a lot like the studio delivery, but he struggled a bit to sing in key. 

To be fair, I think Duff's bass is what made it great. Slash's guitar didnt really stand out to me in that particular part.

You might need to listen again, Slash adds a classic GN’R sounding melody that wasn’t there in the original. Duff’s bass intro sounds great too 

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

People said this about Chinese ... It never happend

I remember Chinese Democracy coming out, I was 18 and in my final year in 6th form. Literally nobody I knew gave a shit about it except me.

In an attempt to spread the word I bored everybody to death about it in a lot of my classes, and kept updating everyone about how many days remained until it was out.

Great times :axl:

Edited by jackparker123
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

I remember Chinese Democracy coming out, I was 18 and in my final year in 6th form. Literally nobody I knew gave a shit about it except me.

In an attempt to spread the word I bored everybody to death about it in a lot of my classes, and kept updating everyone about how many days remained until it was out.

Great times :axl:

I was driving down the coast with my wife and kids to Monterrey and had to stop at a Best Buy when they opened. My wife was not impressed with CD. At all. I remember her saying, "Except for Axl, this doesn't sound like Guns N' Roses. And even Axl sounds weird."

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Was living in the east end of London ... Orderd it via Play.com spent hours reading the little booklet.

Personally one of my favourite albums of Guns but my mates at the time never seemed fussed with it.

I got the bus into town after a long day in 6th form and bought my copy from HMV, I still have the receipt in the CD case. I loved it when it came out and still do.

I also have loads of fond memories of Play.com. I used to spend an absolute fortune on there website on games, CDs and DVDs. I was gutted when it went out of business and became Rakuten.

• Like 1

I live in the UK. Pre-ordered to get the single, arrived a day late. Hardly a feather ruffled on release day here. 

Though rolling stone or some other music mag. did do an article on how they were wrong not to have it as their album of the year, as they gave the title to Black Ice. 

They pointed out that Metallica, AC/DC and GN'R released albums that year and CD was the only album that actually sounded different. Its a shame no other big artist is likely to release an album as experimental and diverse as late in their career as Axl did. 

Clearly a lack of promotion and Axl being in hiding didn't help at all. 

8 hours ago, Nesret said:

I really wonder what the guitars are doing during the verses, it's a mystery to me. Clearly there are at the very least 3 guitars playing individual lines that mesh together, I'm not even sure if any actual (power)chords are being played there. On the first beat of each verse there seems to be a bend or slide. All in all, I'm impressed by the guitar-work on this song, as in CD, there are so many layers, already in the intro you can hear so many guitars playing separate parts.

There is some great stuff with octave power chords going on there. Someone here actually recorded on his own what he made out from the demo and it sounds insane. Try to use some software like Audacity to extract the vocal or the center channel so you can hear it better. I also recommend you to do the same with Perhaps, there's some awesome guitar work by Robin Finck there. 

And I bet the current lineup version (if indeed it exists) got rid of all that for a more convencional two rhythm guitars approach. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/19/2020 at 7:13 AM, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Safe to say the album version of HS will not have the long intro. And before anyone asks, no, I have not heard the final album cut yet. Just stating this based on what I have been informed elsewhere. 

I think the short rehearsal clips indicate this also. Sounds like HS now has a bass intro (similar to ISE), which is cool and infinitely closer to the GN'R sound.