El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie - October 2019 on Netflix

Ace Nova

I like it.  Pinkman is obviously the new "Anti-Hero".  Who else?  

Netflix produced films have about a 70% success rate (of being actually really good), imo. Keeping fingers crossed, this will be among the 70%. 

Edited by Kasanova King

• 5 weeks later...

I’m not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, I’m excited to see Jesse’s story get a more definitive conclusion. On the other hand, I liked how the show let you imagine in your own head what happened to him.

We’ll see, I guess. Hopefully it’s good! Nice to see more of the original cast back also. It’s interesting that it seems take place pretty much right where the show ended. Aaron Paul looks much older tho, but I guess in my head canon I can just say that he aged significantly in a short amount of time due to all the stress and torture he endured as a meth slave.

Edited by rocknroll41

8 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’m not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, I’m excited to see Jesse’s story get a more definitive conclusion. On the other hand, I liked how the show let you imagine in your own head what happened to him.

We’ll see, I guess. Hopefully it’s good! Nice to see more of the original cast back also. It’s interesting that it seems take place pretty much right where the show ended. Aaron Paul looks much older tho, but I guess in my head canon I can just say that he aged significantly in a short amount of time due to all the stress and torture he endured as a meth slave.

I was just thinking the exact opposite, I think he looks exactly the same haha.

either way I'm officially on board, just wish it was a spin off tv series and not a movie.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised to see Robert Forster as i thought he had passed awhile ago only to find out he died yesterday (RIP) - Kinda bizarre as i went from oh hes still alive to hold on no he isn't.

Anyway i suppose its a nice send off for Jesse but it was more like a bonus feature type thing stretched into a feature length film. Not essential viewing, but neat if you want more BB.

Edited by -W.A.R-

48 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Sure did lol. My bad. Meant to quote @Coma16when he said "I expected more" 

Dont get me wrong, it was a good one-time watch. But just like someone else said, it was solid Jesse backstory but I expected more in regards to aftermath. Huge fan of Better Call Saul and cant wait for that to start back up!

I can understand people being disappointed if they expected something different, like a different style and pace. This was just a long BB episode that easily could have worked as the last episode of the series. And as far as I'm concerned it is as good as most episodes. Nothing more, nothing less, but I enjoyed it for two hours and it was nice to see what happens to Jesse and how he comes out of it emotionally, it was the only loose end after the series ended.

I'm also looking forward to the new BCS season, there is way too much time in between the seasons.

Edited by EvanG

If you view it as a standalone movie, its a little strange. If you view it as a 2 episode epilogue I think it is excellent. The writing and style hasnt missed a beat. Acting was top notch, and it was a nice addition.

Its completely unnecessary, but a great watch anyways. It doesnt take away from the series either