Atlas Shrugged, 1 Minute Clip **NO LINKS** 7 Day Suspsenion For Asking For Links**

I’m curious as to what people think about this clip? To me, this represents everything Axl could’ve done to show his songwriting chops. It’s a minute and some change, but you can tell it’s one of those epic Axl ballads. I cannot wait to hear the full version in good quality. Any thoughts from anyone on where this tune could go, what it could be complete? It starts getting good right when it gets cut off. What a fucking tease.

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

@YourMother'sDruthers started this thread over the weekend, but I hid it because I'd thought this clip has already been discussed in the New Album thread.

After hearing some additional chatter, it would appear I was wrong and this hasn't been discussed much.

Same rules as always; 7 day suspension for asking for or hinting for asking for links.

For the record; I truly wish GN'R would just allow us to pay them for their music. There are a LOT of other things I'd rather be doing than protecting this site from legal action because the band won't sell us their music :lol:

I know. What a concept that people would pay money to hear this stuff instead of searching the internet for some low quality snippet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, liers said:

I know. What a concept that people would pay money to hear this stuff instead of searching the internet for some low quality snippet.

I swear to God, I've honestly never come across any other artist, business or even lemonade stand that makes it so hard for me to give them money for their product! 

Just now, default_ said:

Lok tought another clip had leaked and had to get out of the office to check things.

dont do this! :lol:

Didn't mean to cause a fire. From what I understand, there's just the 1 minute "cell phone clip" floating around. I thought it had been discussed at length already here, but I guess not. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, username said:

I don't know man.... There's this 8 year old with his lemonade stand on the corner of the street here. And he just looks like such a smug little asshole! :max: 

Does he have a couple of friends that keep telling you for almost two decades about a huge batch of lemonade that's amazing but you can't buy it yet? If so, he sounds like a dick :lol:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Does he have a couple of friends that keep telling you for almost two decadees about a huge batch of lemonade that's amazing but you can't buy it yet? If so, he sounds like a dick :lol:

That's him! I mean seriously, what the fuck is wrong with that kid? :lol: Pretty rich coming from an 8 year old too... ;) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

Wait, is this that cell phone recording that leaked a month ago? Or is it something new?

It’s the cellphone clip. Just to clear that out.

No other Atlas clip has surfaced yet (rumour says a longer studio clip may be in circulation within a few people).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Padme said:

In Youtube they are saying it's fake. Apparently some band posted it as a GN'R song. At the end of the clip people can read "it's not GN'R, it is Project something. We hope you enjoyed it"

:shrugs:

This is something entirely different from that. It's a cell phone clip of the actual Atlas Shrugged.

4 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Wait, is this that cell phone recording that leaked a month ago? Or is it something new?

See below.

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Wait is the same as the cellphone clip from July? Or something new?

See below.

1 minute ago, GNRfanMILO said:

It’s the cellphone clip. Just to clear that out.

No other Atlas clip has surfaced yet (rumour says a longer studio clip may be in circulation within a few people).

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I originally hid this thread because I didn't want to start a fire over a month old clip. However, it appears there was never much proper discussion of it on here, so that's why I unhid the thread.

In short; if you've heard the minute (or so) cell phone clip, you've heard this. 

• Like 2

I wish I could figure out the lyrics... I'm catching bits and pieces but a lot of it is hard to decipher.

Didnt someone in the band, maybe bumblefoot, mention the line about shoulders? I definitely hear "who's shoulders shrugged when they had enough" or something similar in the chorus

Edited by liers

30 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

Anybody ever considered that these leaks may be connected to people within the GNR camp? To drum up interest for the next release?

Yeah that's something I think about now and and then. When it took so long for them to take Hardschool out of youtube I immediately thought that maybe it's because they want people to listen to it and they want people to talk about it. Already in 2006 with the old leaks I though they might have been leaked on purpose cause Axl wanted to know what people think of them.

But I don't know. It's not necessarily something that I believe in. It's just something I think about sometimes.

I'm very much excited to hear the full thing. I also understand why it hasn't been discussed as it was just kinda dropped with the new (at the time) hard school snippet without much focus being on it. 

Edited by Jw224

52 minutes ago, liers said:

Oh, people pay for this alright. It's just at the wrong prices and the wrong people get paid. But if Axl wants fans to pay thousands of dollars to hoarders for his unreleased work, then I guess everything's fine.

29 minutes ago, T-Minus said:

Sounds plodding and boring to me

Honestly, this is what i got from Atlas Shrugged as well. It doesn't really go anywhere, though it is worth remembering that it is a poor-quality one minute clip from a much larger song. If Hardschool is anything to go by, there could very well be some peaks and valleys in Atlas.

6 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Yeah that's something I think about now and and then. When it took so long for them to take Hardschool out of youtube I immediately thought that maybe it's because they want people to listen to it and they want people to talk about it. Already in 2006 with the old leaks I though they might have been leaked on purpose cause Axl wanted to know what people think of them.

But I don't know. It's not necessarily something that I believe in. It's just something I think about sometimes.

I think it’s pretty dumb to think that Gn’R today, being a multi-million dollar company, would be leaking 20 year songs to see if hardcore fans (10% of their real fanbase, being generous) liked it or not.

I think this is more a result of Axl being insecure and spending 13 million dollars on an album. Just think all the people who were involved at some point or another. Axl played unreleased material in strip clubs and aftershow parties, FFS.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, liers said:

Technically it’s the label who gets paid until it recoups and who also has to agree to a release. Axl/GNR get paid via an advance that’s stipulated in their past contract (which the label was squabbling over that amount probably trying to renegotiate or just wanted to wait out a Slash involved release) 

There’s your answer why none of this got released in the past. Prob two very different numbers in mind there. I highly doubt GNR would just let that work out for nothing and if UMG would even accept it for free feeling that Slash/Duff could be back in the band with a new album

5 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

Can anyone make out the lyrics?

It sounds like toward the end of the clip, he says something like... 

“I’d be the last to say, don’t follow your heart *inaudible* ....what it takes to be a man.”

I can’t make out what he says in the middle of that line.