Atlas Shrugged, 1 Minute Clip **NO LINKS** 7 Day Suspsenion For Asking For Links**

3 hours ago, default_ said:

The files I got

From where?

3 hours ago, default_ said:

there are unique files for each song. All of them contains track numbers and artwork attached to the metadata. 

Any Tom Dick and Harry can add (fake) metadata to tracks.

Unless you have info to share this is very misleading...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gnrfan2001 said:

Please go talk about how much you hate nirvana somewhere else please

THIS.

I removed all the wildly derailing Cobain talk. Please feel free to start a Nirvana Vs GN'R thread if you really feel the need to beat that dead horse again.

Otherwise, continue discussing the Atlas cell phone recording here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, default_ said:

Yeah, among traders. 

The files I got arent pasted into a single MP3, there are unique files for each song. All of them contains track numbers and artwork attached to the metadata. 

Sound quality is slightly better than the single file mp3 circulating.

Edit:

I don't have the album, no need for PM me :lol:

Im just pointing a possibility.

That’s what confused me - your message read like you had the album but what you have is the individual files which made up the 1min leak (5x15 seconds)?

Where did u get those files out of curiosity?

...and you’re the one

whose shoulders just

aint wide enough

whose shoulders shrug 

when they’ve had enough

id be the last to say

dont follow you’re heart

but there’s more to what it takes

to be a man...

would pay pay big bucks to have this song in my collection. Any idea why the leaker has leaked basically the whole 99/00 album but is withholding atlas shrugged? Any ideas as to what the method or idea is for this guy to keep “edging” me like this?

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 3:56 AM, Lies They Tell said:

I'm thinking that the piano melody that starts at 1:11 is probably Atlas Shrugged. I mean the melody is pretty much the same, only slightly slower. But you could easily sing along to that piano melody using Atlas lyrics

Sure sounds like it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/08/2019 at 5:56 AM, Lies They Tell said:

I'm thinking that the piano melody that starts at 1:11 is probably Atlas Shrugged. I mean the melody is pretty much the same, only slightly slower. But you could easily sing along to that piano melody using Atlas lyrics

Great find! And it makes sense, as he also played Prostitute as an intro.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeonKinight said:

so, we've been listening to atlas for 17 years and we didn't had a clue....

Axl jammed Prostitute in 2006, it supposed that piano solo meant somenthing.

Also the intro used in 2002 could be something (usa leg)

I always thought also a jam they did in LA 2006 could be something.

The intro of my michelle in Rock in Rio 3, it was just a random jam. Finck told me they rehearsed 3 days before the show

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stro said:

Atlas is just A and G back and forth, you could put just about any melody over that "progression". That's how most of the Axl songs are, 2-3 chords back and forth. The Blues, Catcher, TWAT, Atlas. To think that must be Atlas is lol. 

I think Pitman was the one who came up with The Blues piano bits.

3 hours ago, Finck2006 said:

Axl jammed Prostitute in 2006, it supposed that piano solo meant somenthing.

Also the intro used in 2002 could be something (usa leg)

I always thought also a jam they did in LA 2006 could be something.

The intro of my michelle in Rock in Rio 3, it was just a random jam. Finck told me they rehearsed 3 days before the show

So, are u a close friend of him?

26 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Not at all. Atlas has at least three different keys.

Considering the 1 min clip and the usual Eb tuning, Atlas' chord progression is G, and then B - C - D and then F in this 1st part. I'm calling it F, but I don't really know what is the name of this chord, but it's like this:

-------3-----
-------3-----
-------2-----
-------3-----
-------------
-------------

In fact, every one of those chords have the pedal in the 3rd fret on the E and B chords.

But it changes to another chord progression when Axl sings: "Well it sits wrong and the road is long". It's F# - C - B - A and Bm- F# - A - B.

And it changes again to another progression when Axl sings "I'd be the last to say don't follow your heart". I don't remember much and I'm not near my guitar, but it's something like D - A - Em and something else, as it cuts.

For that specific chord you tabbed there are a few different ways of looking at it, you can call it Fmajor9(add13) or even a Dminor11 in first inversion - I always love playing that with some "The Edge" like effects haha like with a crap ton of reverb and a chorus type effect to make that airy sounding chord very ethereal

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

For that specific chord you tabbed there are a few different ways of looking at it, like you can call it Fmajor9(add13) or even a Dminor11 in first inversion - I always love playing that with some "The Edge" like effects haha like with a crap ton of reverb and a chorus type effect to make that airy sounding chord very ethereal

Cool, thanks. I like how it sounds in the song too, in an accoustic guitar. :) 

• Like 1