ANOTHER 1 minute leak, various songs **NO LINKS**7 DAY SUSPENSION FOR ASKING**

15 hours ago, LukeFC said:

It's not a problem. In today's industry it would be unprofessional not to tune the vocals. Anthony Kiedis would be in deep shit without autotune (Melodyne, more specifically). 

I do think Axl's vocal degradation is the reason for his reluctance to release music since the mid-1990s. He did a number on himself on the UYI tour. 

No excuses. His voice had significantly recovered sometime in 03-04. He sounds great on Better, Shacklers, and Bach's 07 album, as well as sounding pretty great from 06-10 live. He could have re-recorded vocals on all those 99 tracks and released something pretty great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I thought it was supposed to sound like "a glad November Rain" or was that just another of the descriptions that are turning out to be way, way off? :lol:

Not to sound like a douche, but I get the impression that a lot of people trying to describe GN'R tracks don't know much about music.

Nu metal? Ska? Country? :lol:

I wasn't too big on Atlas when the minute phone clip leaked, but the 2 higher quality clips are so good they make me wanna slap my grandma.

13 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Not to sound like a douche, but I get the impression that a lot of people trying to describe GN'R tracks don't know much about music.

Nu metal? Ska? Country? :lol:

I wasn't too big on Atlas when the minute phone clip leaked, but the 2 higher quality clips are so good they make me wanna slap my grandma.

No, I totally get it. That's part of what I'm poking fun at and I believe deadslash was too.

The people who have described these tracks over the years are either idiots or have never heard GN'R or have never heard the music they're referring to. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

So far I haven't heard a good hook on the leaks of this song. A lot of Axl's epics from that era are light on riffs and hooks.

Prob what the record company told him in 99/2000. So they went and brought in Buckethead and redid a lot of the guitars. My opinion is that those songs didn’t need riffs. There’s enough going on texturally to be interesting 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

No, I totally get it. That's part of what I'm poking fun at and I believe deadslash was too.

The people who have described these tracks over the years are either idiots or have never heard GN'R or have never heard the music they're referring to. 

Does that include Baz, since he called Sorry doom metal? :book: 

• Haha 2

On 9/3/2019 at 8:37 PM, LukeFC said:

It's not a problem. In today's industry it would be unprofessional not to tune the vocals. Anthony Kiedis would be in deep shit without autotune (Melodyne, more specifically). 

I do think Axl's vocal degradation is the reason for his reluctance to release music since the mid-1990s. He did a number on himself on the UYI tour. 

To me it was total auto tuned and with todays recording of records it is common practice, no one should have an issue with it as analog is gone. Vocals change, Robert Plant doesn't sound the same either. Demo versions are different than the finished product. Look at AFD songs that the different recording sessions were released. 

11 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

No excuses. His voice had significantly recovered sometime in 03-04. He sounds great on Better, Shacklers, and Bach's 07 album, as well as sounding pretty great from 06-10 live. He could have re-recorded vocals on all those 99 tracks and released something pretty great.

Helll, Axl sounds great on Rock the Rock. He can certainly nail songs in the studio.

And i'm not gonna lie, i really dig Axl in the recent 14-second Atlas leak, even if it was altered. I don't usually like pop rock (which is what that part of Atlas sounded like), but it works!

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

15 hours ago, Billly B said:

To me it was total auto tuned and with todays recording of records it is common practice, no one should have an issue with it as analog is gone. Vocals change, Robert Plant doesn't sound the same either. Demo versions are different than the finished product. Look at AFD songs that the different recording sessions were released. 

Still, what most people think is autotune is just a heavy modulation filter. When it's used just to correct a little off-key part, it shouldn't make it sound "robotic" or artificial at all. 

Now THIS is how you should use autotune: :headbang:

• Haha 1