Jump to content
Dean

ANOTHER 1 minute leak, various songs **NO LINKS**7 DAY SUSPENSION FOR ASKING**

Recommended Posts

Yes.....ANOTHER 1 minute clip has leaked. This one has snippets of several tracks.

 

The usual rule stands: NO asking for links, NO hinting at asking for links. A 7 day suspension will occur if you violate either of those rules.

There's some discussion of this in the 1 Minute Atlas Thread, so I'll move those posts over here shortly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RussTCB said:

Yes.....ANOTHER 1 minute clip has leaked. This one has snippets of several tracks.

 

The usual rule stands: NO asking for links, NO hinting at asking for links. A 7 day suspension will occur if you violate either of those rules.

There's some discussion of this in the 1 Minute Atlas Thread, so I'll move those posts over here shortly. 

You're a little late getting to the one that's about an hour or so old?  My nerves can't take this lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

The '99 recordings have a really interesting sound ... Would love to one day be able to hear ChiDem as it was originally intended to be

Because they don't have a million layers? No birds chirping, chinese conversation, orchestral arrangements? Just guitars, bass, drums and piano. I like the record as a whole, but it's a mess. Ron's parts are just kind of slopped over the mix. It's a disaster.

Some of the early "leaks" from the 99 era were just what music should be all about. Hard School is a good song because of it's simplicity in my opinion. The intro is a bit much, but once the whole band kicks in, it's a cool little song.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pskihq92 said:

You're a little late getting to the one that's about an hour or so old?  My nerves can't take this lol

It's not my fault everyone started discussing it in a different thread instead of starting a new one :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bdinan said:

Because they don't have a million layers? No birds chirping, chinese conversation, orchestral arrangements? Just guitars, bass, drums and piano. I like the record as a whole, but it's a mess. Ron's parts are just kind of slopped over the mix. It's a disaster.

Some of the early "leaks" from the 99 era were just what music should be all about. Hard School is a good song because of it's simplicity in my opinion. The intro is a bit much, but once the whole band kicks in, it's a cool little song.

 

I'm actually a big fan of all the "extras" in the album we got, especially the orchestral parts. The '99 sound while definitely stripped down still has that grandiose kind of feel to it there's something about the atmosphere of the sound that makes me want to hear more! And as for Hard School, I'm 50/50 on the intro. The song is epic af with the drums kicking right in, but that weird slow roll intro is epic too !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I did my best to clean things up. Please keep conversations about this particular leak in here going forward.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I'm actually a big fan of all the "extras" in the album we got, especially the orchestral parts. The '99 sound while definitely stripped down still has that grandiose kind of feel to it there's something about the atmosphere of the sound that makes me want to hear more! And as for Hard School, I'm 50/50 on the intro. The song is epic af with the drums kicking right in, but that weird slow roll intro is epic too !!!

I think some songs it works on, and some it doesn't. I preferred Chinese Democracy when it just kicked in with the guitar riff at the first series of live shows.

All this talk about leaks. I gotta pee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bdinan said:

I think some songs it works on, and some it doesn't. I preferred Chinese Democracy when it just kicked in with the guitar riff at the first series of live shows.

Yeah those OG performances of ChiDem title were crazy good ... The '07 leak is my go to because I love hearing those space licks in the verses and the "Chinese" piano keys as opposessed to deafening riffs that we got ... Also the "intro" portion we could do without I like it for an album opener kind of thing though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The only song that got my attention was Atlas Shrugged. Honestly it would have been better if they added snippets of the other songs like Real Doll Dot Com or PRL. Either way hope something new gets leaked that isn't another version of TWAT... Lol 

Edited by DarkLotus1111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, uruguns said:

Different leak, the hard school of August 24th is more compressed

Are we talking about a "new" version that has some weird-ass album artwork, that is also 192kbps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CoBrA2168 said:

Are we talking about a "new" version that has some weird-ass album artwork, that is also 192kbps?

Pretty sure he's talking about the snippet that was posted with Atlas/the other '99 demos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

Pretty sure he's talking about the snippet that was posted with Atlas/the other '99 demos.

Nevermind, to my ears, it is a bit higher quality.  The drums are a bit more balanced and it doesn't clip as much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say, I love these leaks....but as I spend significant portions of my time scratching about in the depths of the internet hunting for them I can't help but feel hugely frustrated at the situation, and what I've been reduced to. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to hear higher quality, finished mixes of the 1999 cuts.

Fairly confident we will be getting them in full soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So we are made assume this person has all of the storage locker songs, just the 2000 intentions version of CD, a little of both? Is anyone in the know? 

 

Edited by Arnuld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prostitute and CITR '99 in this quality would be really great to hear in full... yea it'd be great to hear Atlas or any other unheard song but those are the 2 songs that stuck out, for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to hear some of those clips.

Now we need the full versions please. No more cock tease clips lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I wonder what the tracklist of the 1999/2000 version of the record was supposed to be.

I've thought about this a lot ... A frequent one I see online starts with 1. Oh My God 2. IRS 3. Chinese Democracy which I think makes for a killer opener!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×