ANOTHER 1 minute leak, various songs **NO LINKS**7 DAY SUSPENSION FOR ASKING**

11 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

How do we know its the "99 recordings"?

I suppose it’s because Axl apparently recorded a lot of his vocals from CD in 1999. Most of these demos were put together in 2000. Read that last sentence the year 2000. It’s so insane these songs have just been sitting on the shelf for 20 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

I remember a version of Catcher that had this crazy 60's vibe. I remember being impressed with how they made it sound that way and it really worked for the song.

Did i dream this?

It was May's solo. It added to the vibe of the song, and then the layered synth didn't help.

I love Ron Thal. I will go to battle for that beautiful man any day of the week, but his solo killed Catcher. 

58 minutes ago, bdinan said:

It was May's solo. It added to the vibe of the song, and then the layered synth didn't help.

I love Ron Thal. I will go to battle for that beautiful man any day of the week, but his solo killed Catcher. 

I haven't heard this new catcher leak but I must be one of the few who prefer Ron's solo over Brian's. I've heard old versions with the Brian solo and it just seems uninspired and incohesive.

If I recall, May even stated his displeasure with his solo on the demo and stated what made it to tape was not what he played thru and was more or less a chop of different takes.

I love the overall piano warmth of the old demos, but I think Ron's solo just soars and is perfect for the album version, especially into the outtro.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bdinan said:

Exactly my sentiments on all counts!

6 hours ago, Underhardy said:

I can’t be the only one that prefers the final versions of these songs. They just sound finished on the actual album. Yeah, they’re more layer/produced, but these ‘demo’ versions lack something, imo

With the exception of Catcher which is a hot mess on the album, I agree. Also, are these 15 second clips pre-Bucket because Twat and Prostitute without Bucket doesn't work for me. 

the leaks of the early / mid 2000s sure hyped me up and I told myself how great they were, but then as more and more finished songs were released, just before the official retail release, excitement quickly dropped.

"If the world", with it's classical / spanish guitar intro was a serious mood dropper, as was "prostitute" which went nowhere and was whiny. I thought... "what the fuck is this, why has Axl turned into a whiny bitch".

I couldn't think of a serious rocker on CD, even if my life depended on it. It was too much drivel, too much of a complicated mess with far too much whining and far too less swearing.

and the elephant in the room: no Slash (but I remember thinking: yeah, this is probably what slash would sound like. Kind of reminded me of frankenstein in a way).

I'll buy the new album, if I should stumble on it in a brick and mortar store, and if I happen to have enough money in my pocket, but i'm not holding my breath here. We're talking about an artist who has failed to deliver, time and time again, who waited years to release anything, and it disapointed anyway. Not gonna happen again. And this nonsense is happening ALL OVER AGAIN. Years of waithing, leaks, hype... then guess what... disapointment? Sorry Axl, I'll never know why you wasted your prime years. Slash is the only one giving this band relevance anymore. 

Edited by action
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Anyone else totally not bothered about 1min clips? Full song or GTFO for me.

Well, I guess it's exciting news in some way. You know something big is happening when the ban threats are issued in the tread title :lol:

it's like, wow, this is really happening. Oh wait, only 1 minute clip. Yawn wake me up when the album is in stores or something

7 minutes ago, action said:

Well, I guess it's exciting news in some way. You know something big is happening when the ban threats are issued in the tread title :lol:

it's like, wow, this is really happening. Oh wait, only 1 minute clip. Yawn wake me up when the album is in stores or something

For the record, no one on the staff here has any idea what's going on with all these leaks. 

We only take such a hard stance on links because 1) none of us want to end up in court over music a band refuses to sell their fans and 2) eventually we all just got tired of babysitting every thread because people can't follow the rules. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

For the record, no one on the staff here has any idea what's going on with all these leaks. 

We only take such a hard stance on links because 1) none of us want to end up in court over music a band refuses to sell their fans and 2) eventually we all just got tired of babysitting every thread because people can't follow the rules. 

guns are really the most dangerous band in the world.... I mean in court

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

I think Hardschool on this leak is the same quality as the leaked full one, just different volume, I may be wrong, obviously, but it doesn't sound very different to my ears. 

2 hours ago, doakes said:

I haven't heard this new catcher leak but I must be one of the few who prefer Ron's solo over Brian's. I've heard old versions with the Brian solo and it just seems uninspired and incohesive.

If I recall, May even stated his displeasure with his solo on the demo and stated what made it to tape was not what he played thru and was more or less a chop of different takes.

I love the overall piano warmth of the old demos, but I think Ron's solo just soars and is perfect for the album version, especially into the outtro.

Brian recently said he doesn't remember being unhappy with and that he thought it was a shame that it didn't get released with him on it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

After hearing these clips, it is a wonder why Chinese Democracy/2000 Intentions wasn't released in 1999/2000/2001. These songs sound up to standard, and in some cases, better than the final product.

I thought axl wanted to and jimmy iovinne told axl to have it remixed, otherwise Universal wpuld not promote the album. After 2 producers and 8 years it ends up getting released. Axl should have trusted his gut instinct and told the record company to release the original recording. I actually wondered if the record company were trying to burn wheels in using tactics to delay the whole release in order to have slash back in gnr again.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I think Hardschool on this leak is the same quality as the leaked full one, just different volume, I may be wrong, obviously, but it doesn't sound very different to my ears. 

I heave 2 versions of Hardschool, one is 5,5 mb and second 6,6 mb and has better quality. In this newest leak I think it’s the one with the better quality

2 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

I heave 2 versions of Hardschool, one is 5,5 mb and second 6,6 mb and has better quality. In this newest leak I think it’s the one with the better quality

What is the bitrate on each?