ANOTHER 1 minute leak, various songs **NO LINKS**7 DAY SUSPENSION FOR ASKING**

Just now, sl4yer said:

192kb/s on both

If there the same other than that it don't really matter, someone probably just cut a few seconds of silence of it which adjusted the file size

2 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

If there the same other than that it don't really matter, someone probably just cut a few seconds of silence of it which adjusted the file size

The one with 6,6mb is actually shorter

Difference is not big but it has cleaner sound 

Edited by sl4yer

2 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

The one with 6,6mb is actually shorter

Difference is not big but it has cleaner sound 

Strange.

Have you lined them up in a music program to compare them? one I have 5.62mb

9 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Strange.

Have you lined them up in a music program to compare them? one I have 5.62mb

Ok, I compared them now, one to one. Bass sounds different in this 6.6mb version and when all instruments and vocals are playing sound is a lot less trashy and messy. 
However, there are some differences in the frequencies. For most part they look very simmiliar but in a few moments a little bit different. Looks like the one in 5,5mb version has less high frequencies. Weird.

21 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Ok, I compared them now, one to one. Bass sounds different in this 6.6mb version and when all instruments and vocals are playing sound is a lot less trashy and messy. 
However, there are some differences in the frequencies. For most part they look very simmiliar but in a few moments a little bit different. Looks like the one in 5,5mb version has less high frequencies. Weird.

I compared them as well, the waveforms look identical (once you match them up, since one is shorter than the other).  At first I thought they sounded different, but the more I analyzed them and listened, I think it was just placebo.  I think they are identical.

EDIT: Also, it's higher in file size because it has an album art embedded in in the id3v2 tag.

Edited by CoBrA2168

22 minutes ago, CoBrA2168 said:

I compared them as well, the waveforms look identical (once you match them up, since one is shorter than the other).  At first I thought they sounded different, but the more I analyzed them and listened, I think it was just placebo.  I think they are identical.

EDIT: Also, it's higher in file size because it has an album art embedded in in the id3v2 tag.

I don’t know bass and solos sound noticable different for me. Waveforms have a few slight differences too. Althought, I am starting to think that I am just trying too hard and it’s all in my head

1 hour ago, sl4yer said:

I heave 2 versions of Hardschool, one is 5,5 mb and second 6,6 mb and has better quality. In this newest leak I think it’s the one with the better quality

My version is 9.6, 320 bit rate. Sounds similar to the YouTube version that was available last week.

Edited by Coma16
Typo

3 hours ago, action said:

the leaks of the early / mid 2000s sure hyped me up and I told myself how great they were, but then as more and more finished songs were released, just before the official retail release, excitement quickly dropped.

"If the world", with it's classical / spanish guitar intro was a serious mood dropper, as was "prostitute" which went nowhere and was whiny. I thought... "what the fuck is this, why has Axl turned into a whiny bitch".

I couldn't think of a serious rocker on CD, even if my life depended on it. It was too much drivel, too much of a complicated mess with far too much whining and far too less swearing.

and the elephant in the room: no Slash (but I remember thinking: yeah, this is probably what slash would sound like. Kind of reminded me of frankenstein in a way).

I'll buy the new album, if I should stumble on it in a brick and mortar store, and if I happen to have enough money in my pocket, but i'm not holding my breath here. We're talking about an artist who has failed to deliver, time and time again, who waited years to release anything, and it disapointed anyway. Not gonna happen again. And this nonsense is happening ALL OVER AGAIN. Years of waithing, leaks, hype... then guess what... disapointment? Sorry Axl, I'll never know why you wasted your prime years. Slash is the only one giving this band relevance anymore. 

If the world is cringeworthy. Hard to take a song like that seriously when the singer sounds like herbert the pervert from family guy. 

3 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

Atlas sound beautiful :drool:

Argh! This lack of new music is so frustrating.

Lack of new music?? A complete song just released a few days ago. On average we hear a new song every one-and-a-half years, so we shouldn't get impatient until the beginning of 2021 now...

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Creed said:

First, Axl overplayed Slash with Huge on SFTD and then he erased Dr. Brian May from CITR.

This fact alone is a disgrace. But Brian Mays solo is one of very few highlights on CD. And Axl dubbed it with Ron. Ron is noodling around at the end of the song.

Agreed. Ron’s incessant noodling at the end of CITR ruined it. The ending is almost unlistenable. The earlier version featuring Brian May is incredible. Would love a studio quality version of it.

5 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Agreed. Ron’s incessant noodling at the end of CITR ruined it. The ending is almost unlistenable. The earlier version featuring Brian May is incredible. Would love a studio quality version of it.

I think May's ending solo (and there's some nice rhythm guitar in the left channel by Robin) is much better. But what kills the Bumblefoot version to me is the awful editing with a dry cut of his guitar. I still can't believe how could they release the song with a mistake like this.

Honestly, if Atlas Shrugged leaks, that paired with Hardschool would absolutely hold me over until whenever the hell the band figures out how to put out new music.  Two tracks we've been waiting forever for finally revealed. Very cool time right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

After hearing these clips, it is a wonder why Chinese Democracy/2000 Intentions wasn't released in 1999/2000/2001. These songs sound up to standard, and in some cases, better than the final product.

Maybe Geffen was putting it off in the hope that a reunion of some sort would happen before they had to release the album

Edited by RedHook

25 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Honestly, if Atlas Shrugged leaks, that paired with Hardschool would absolutely hold me over until whenever the hell the band figures out how to put out new music.  Two tracks we've been waiting forever for finally revealed. Very cool time right now.

These new tracks are awesome, but I also want to hear AFD '99. Been waiting a very long time to hear what that sounds like, and to know that its finally in play is amazing

• Like 1

The vibe and sound of these tracks are exactly what I hoped new GNR would sound like.  Include the early version of the Blues as a ballad and Better as serious forward sounding track and you have yourself a nice little EP.  I would love to hear studio versions slash and duff take on Catcher, TWAT, The Blues, better and Atlas.  Just rock music.  No electronic synth noises and over dubs.  That would be a great mini album despite only really having 1 new song. 

11 hours ago, Stoymatic said:

And I’m a fan if the 99 IRS as well. Like the vocal delivery

Every version of IRS uses the exact same vocal tracks as the one released on CD.

The same is true of ALL of the demos.  The actual vocals are identical on every single version, even Oh My God.  Exceptions being the few lines changed at the end of The Blues and of course the This I Love remix which appears to actually have been re-recorded.

There's no difference in the rest of the versions as far as the vocals go. 

• Like 1