2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

I'm sorry, but all those leaks are spoiling all the good stuff that MAYBE would be released in the future.

I think it is great that we don't share those links, because I hated to listen to those unfinished songs and then listening to ChiDem and feeling that the rougher versions were "better".

But one thing bugs me, why now?

Why are they leaking all these songs right now? The Antiquet and MSL leaks were at the verge of ChiDem being released.

Is it maybe a possibility of any real official release any time soon, then?

But forget about "Hardschool", or "Atlas Shrugged", or "Going Down", or "Silkworms", or "The General", or "State of Grace".

To release that would be a bad taste joke since they are already out there and people already grow tired of that.

It would be like "Live Era" all over again: almost all the songs were from Tokyo 92 and Vegas 92.

STOP LEAKING THE DAMN SONGS! LOL!

Edited by Legendador

Just now, RussTCB said:

I'd be surprised if Axl has any idea any of this is going on. 

Though, I do remain surprised that not even the sites like Blabbernouth, Ultimate Classic Rock and at least Alt National haven't run stories about the leaks. 

Backhanders maybe? IE here's some money don't draw attention to it.

I doubt axl is aware of any of this

Just now, RussTCB said:

I'd be surprised if Axl has any idea any of this is going on. 

Though, I do remain surprised that not even the sites like Blabbernouth, Ultimate Classic Rock and at least Alt National haven't run stories about the leaks. 

You believe it? I guess AXL at least see MyGnrforum.

Just now, Shacklermyrye said:

Backhanders maybe? IE here's some money don't draw attention to it.

I doubt axl is aware of any of this

Could be, maybe? It's definitely silent on all music sites though. 

Could just be what my wife said and no one actually gives a shit lol

Just now, Ratam said:

You believe it? I guess AXL at least see MyGnrforum.

I have no idea what you're trying to say/ask. Sorry. 

2 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I'm sorry, but all those leaks are spoiling all the good stuff that MAYBE would be released in the future.

Not in this lifetime. These songs were recorded 20 years ago. 20 years it's a lot of time to release it and nothing happened yet.

22 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Back then Axl would to go to law to stop this leaks, Axl now apparently not give shit about it. Weird Axl attitude.

He probably still gives a shit. With how much the internet has evolved though, it's almost impossible to stop people from trading/leaking unreleased material and it's pointless to try. It's like whack-a-mole, you shut down one source leaking the material and another one pops up.

1 hour ago, life_247 said:

Its most obvious on Hard School on that first verse the "every chance that was given" is quite obvious as Axl changes vocal pitch quite a lot (Correctly, its just quite a change of notes for normal mortals!). You have to kind of know what your listening for but if you listen to it the vocals there sound almost "synth" like. Its due to the Auto-Tuning being set to attack too quickly and at that point its changing pitch quite a lot. Also judging by the era of these songs Auto-Tune was very new so it could also be some in-experience of the engineers part, whereas now people are lot more comfortable using it. Also back then I'm not 100% sure you could of used it "live", you might of had to feed it for offline processing.

Its set at a pretty decent level for the chorus, to me from the "rough mixes" angle its just been set to work by an engineer as something sensible over the whole song and given a mix. Possibly even with the view to return and do some over-dubs in places but just lets the auto-tune fix it for now to listen back to.

I don't hear that way. In this line in particular, I mean: "every chance was given". Axl is not holding this note for super long. On a controlled environment of the studio, I think it's reasonable to achieve that without any autotune help. 

I'm not sayint there's no autotune in any of those songs. But Axl had a lot of time to rerecord and polish the takes by himself. To say it have autotune because it didnt sound a bit off-key could not be reliable. Also, to sustain a note for such a short period of time is not what I would call "areifact". I do think it can have autotune, but not as noticeble unless you're listening just the multi tracks or something like that.

Still, this is just my opinion, and I'm not a professional audio engineer or something, so I admit I could be way off in all this.

1 minute ago, Legendador said:

One album in the 20+ years this material has been floating around. If they have any intentions of actually releasing any of this they've had plenty of time. I say fuck official releases and open the floodgates. 

Also, there is no album around the corner. Why now? Because some hoarders are having a bitchfight over trades or something. 

• GNFNR 1

I do wonder about how this all happened. It seems such a crazy story, so I look forward to finding that out one day.

Axl knows about this, I think. I can't imagine him not knowing it. It's not as if he's locked in a basement.

I just don't think the world cares about it, that's why it's not in any news outlet. Axl's CD project was intriguing 20 years ago, but not today. People have moved on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I mean i guess that Axl know ist is going on, because i think he is lurking in this forum. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

Nah. I think he stopped that years and years ago. 

Oh! Maybe Beta want keep he outside the real GNR fans because the hard-core fans are too the most harsh fans.  I was with illusion that Axl know what going on in this forum. 

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

What even Classic Rock?

I was in a news agents today and gnr were on the cover of some rock mag.

Most people don't go on forums. They don't give a shit if they are not informed there is something to give a shit about.

What if its not backhanders? what if its contractual commitments for the band to honour interviews with specific sites N mags if something happens official under condition leaks aren't promoted.

Remember all the contracts they tried to get media to sign in the past?

Eveytime in the past something leaks these sites pick up at least something on it. Just because this time they haven't doesn't mean its because nobody cares.

29 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

Well, either he stopped caring (bad) or the leaks aren't relevant anymore, because they are planning on releasing other songs anyway (good).

Or maybe Axl feel old now and is already boring fight against everything that happen. 

3 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

What even Classic Rock?

I was in a news agents today and gnr were on the cover of some rock mag.

Most people don't go on forums. They don't give a shit if they are not informed there is something to give a shit about.

What if its not backhanders? what if its contractual commitments for the band to honour interviews with specific sites N mags if something happens official under condition leaks aren't promoted.

Remember all the contracts they tried to get media to sign in the past?

Eveytime in the past something leaks these sites pick up at least something on it. Just because this time they haven't doesn't mean its because nobody cares.

To answer the first question: Ultimate Classic Rock is just one of the many music news sites that posts literally anything and everything going on out there. 

That site, along with places like Blabbernouth and Alt Nation would immediately post a story if Axl burped in public. So the silence is deafening at least to me, that none of them have even posted the tiniest of articles on this. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not buying into any conspiracy theories or anything. I just can't believe not one site out there hasn't posted a word about this whole deal. 

didn't think of it as a conspiracy lol

Just wonder if there may be a reason they may not want to piss off GN'R at the moment by giving leaks oxygen.

like you say they if they post literally anything, why not this?

On one hand we can say we feel nobody cares, but the band is still one of the biggest selling rock bands of all time.

If there not covering this, there is likely to be a reason.

1 minute ago, Shacklermyrye said:

On one hand we can say we feel nobody cares, but the band is still one of the biggest selling rock bands of all time.

Ultimately though, these are 20 year old unfinished rough mixes from a period of Guns N' Roses that to the general public was very underwhelming and which reached its underwhelming plateau with the actual Chinese album coming out 

As GNR fans we care about all of this stuff a ton, myself included, but I just can't see this being news worthy on other sites because nobody else really is clamoring to hear 20 year old rough demos of songs during recording sessions for a lineup that is long since defunct and long since irrelevant in the public eye now that Slash is back and Chinese has been out for 11 years

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

didn't think of it as a conspiracy lol

Just wonder if there may be a reason they may not want to piss off GN'R at the moment by giving leaks oxygen.

like you say they if they post literally anything, why not this?

Didn't mean to suggest that you're saying it's a conspiracy but the rest of your questions are pretty much what I'm asking.

Its just completely odd that literally none of the rock press is covering the fact that first full GNR songs since Chinese Democracy was released 11 years ago are openly available on the internet now. 

Just now, megaguns1982 said:

In regards to none of the major rock press discussing leaks, is it possible that the gnr lawyers fired off warning letters to stop discussion?  I just didn't think it was illegal to discuss, only distribute?

also could be that the songs just ain't that fucking good and they don't give a shit.

I tend to believe the latter. these are 20 years old demos played by guys hardly anybody noticed and the few who did stopped to care. it's 20 years old stuff. nobody besides really hardcore fans like us cares about those demos.

2 minutes ago, zombux said:

I tend to believe the latter. these are 20 years old demos played by guys hardly anybody noticed and the few who did stopped to care. it's 20 years old stuff. nobody besides really hardcore fans like us cares about those demos.

I agree to an extent but I disagree overall. Sites like Blabbernouth report literally anything. Just think about Alt Nation not reporting. How on earth is that a thing? Lol. Half of their sites content is stuff they took out of context from here. How is is that they haven't even had one article about these leaks? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Honestly, outside of a few hardcore fans, who would really care about the leaks?

They’re 20 years old! 

Axl is the only person in the current line up involved in those songs. 

Those songs are probably not even intended to be released at this point. 

More people care than for the new album, at least on this forum, apparently. See how this topic is way hotter than the one about the new album.
Personally, I don't care a lot for the upcoming album. I will listen to it, but I'm more interested in the CD era stuff.

24 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Honestly, outside of a few hardcore fans, who would really care about the leaks?

They’re 20 years old! 

Axl is the only person in the current line up involved in those songs. 

Those songs are probably not even intended to be released at this point. 

No love for Dizzy? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1