2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

Brian May is on Atlas

And OMG and Silkworms, are mono mixes with some parts ommited for BBF to record guitars over so I would say in terms of a more enjoyable sonic experience, this new Silkworms and End of Days OMG release are the best mix-wise

Silkworms that just leaked sounds way better than last years. I'm hoping OMG is going to be the same.  I don't like the distortion on Axl's vocals.  That's Brian May?  Cool.

3 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

I think this is all a case of GnR hardcore fans living in their own bubble.  It's not on the news because it isn't newsworthy.  Let's all take a deep breath and put this into perspective:  These are 20 year old unfinished demos.  That's not relevant outside of our bubble.  Something like that would only be relevant on a national news level is it was like MJ, the Beatles or Prince, maybe Tupac and Biggie and I'm sure there might be a few more I'm not thinking of.   I suppose if it was the original lineup, it might have a slim chance to be news, but it isn't the original lineup.  This isn't national for any reason other than the fact that it isn't that big of a story.  There is no grand conspiracy of suppression, it's unfinished demos from two decades ago with what amounted to session musicians.

I disagree. Of course I'm a fan, but I do think the whole story of Zutaut's locker being discovered 20 years late with the "lost CD sessions" is quite interesting for any media outlet. I'm not even talking about the individual songs here, but rather the story on how they surfaced and how Axl had the backbone of the album - or even semi-finished - 9 years before the CD release, and with tons of songs still unheard by the fans. 

I would certainly try to get some info with the leakers, dig their story and write an article, including quotes from people who worked with the band (engineers or even producers like Beaven), Zutaut's and the GNR camp (if possible, at least I would try). 

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I doubt that the people in the music outlets - most of them, at least - have even heard the leaked songs or looked for them, so it's not about the quality of the songs.

There are a couple of music journalists who are fans of the CD era and might have bothered to look for the leaks in the dark corners of the internet (as they're not readily accessible). But, still, it's not a "massive" leak, it's just two rough demos of unreleased songs and the rest is different versions of released songs. It's not like an entire "lost album" has leaked. 

It would be interesting, though, to see what would happen in the hypothetical situation that a demo from 1994-96, when Slash was still in the band, leaked.

I dont think it's a massive leak of unreleased material, but if you consider HS and Atlas, plus Silkworms in that quality, and the other CD tracks, I think that is interesting enough. Of course, even more when there's hints that more will leak soon.

2 minutes ago, zombux said:

no, the opposite. Drums up leaked 3 days ago (a day after the "regular version"), and Drums down was fanmade by @imsorry pretty much shortly after the regular version leaked

Fucking hell this shit gets confusing lol.

1 minute ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Fucking hell this shit gets confusing lol.

oh yes. unfortunately imsorry, as great audio editor he is, doesn't pay too much attention into properly tagging his work as... like... his work. that makes a huge confusion and many of his works are considered legit leaks...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I don't hear that way. In this line in particular, I mean: "every chance was given". Axl is not holding this note for super long. On a controlled environment of the studio, I think it's reasonable to achieve that without any autotune help. 

I'm not sayint there's no autotune in any of those songs. But Axl had a lot of time to rerecord and polish the takes by himself. To say it have autotune because it didnt sound a bit off-key could not be reliable. Also, to sustain a note for such a short period of time is not what I would call "areifact". I do think it can have autotune, but not as noticeble unless you're listening just the multi tracks or something like that.

Still, this is just my opinion, and I'm not a professional audio engineer or something, so I admit I could be way off in all this.

Oh its not about sustaining the note in tune, its the tuner kicks in and smooths out the notes during the rapid note changes - IE the artefact isn't the holding of the "given" its the robotic smoothing of the speedy bit before it. It can be quite hard to describe it but you basically loose the clarity as the tuning is trying to snap you to a note but you are changing too fast for it to figure out what your doing.

All these songs from CD have vocal tuning on them, Axl has admitted as much and is also pretty standard in all modern recordings.

13 minutes ago, CCudder said:

Not to open this can of worms again but I have been out of the loop for years. Where have we left off with VMA Rehearsals and did we get a higher quality of HOB Pro Shot after the initial leak?

Don't shoot me :smiley-confused2:

The same people that had the uncropped HOB show all this time, are not willing to share it. So we just have the 1.6gb (or 1.4, I don’t remember) original leak and a bloated 10gb version. 

VMA Rehearsals are still hoarded, but with the 19 CDs being in hands of more and more people, they price the owner was asking is slowly decreasing.

12 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I'll never understand why anyone would ever be interested in the VMA rehearsals, let alone pay even a dollar for it.

No new songs.  Same songs we've seen over and over and over.   I'd probably watch a minute or two on youtube and then turn it off.

What's the appeal?

That's exactly how I feel. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Azifwekare said:

I'm really suprised the VMA rehearsal is still being hoarded after all these years. What do they expect to get out of it? It's the kind of thing you'd watch once then forget about until you find it on a hard drive years later. It's not like they tried out an unheard song or anything.

I guess they hoard it because "sharing it might hurt the band, you know?"

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

I'm really suprised the VMA rehearsal is still being hoarded after all these years. What do they expect to get out of it? It's the kind of thing you'd watch once then forget about until you find it on a hard drive years later. It's not like they tried out an unheard song or anything.

What, you don't think it's worth a few thousand dollars to see Buckethead in a goofy mask?!?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

It's really all they have left that they (the hoarders) perceive to have value. 

They're holding on to things that literally no one cares about; the VMA rehearsals being the last of it. Even this latest round of "19 CDs" really doesn't have that much value because there's such a small amount of songs with vocals and we've already heard 3 of them in full. 

13 minutes ago, zombux said:

I guess they hoard it because "sharing it might hurt the band, you know?"

LOL, I love that line! Sharing the music might hurt the band, but charging fans for leaks somehow doesn't hurt the band... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, I love that line! Sharing the music might hurt the band, but charging fans for leaks somehow doesn't hurt the band... 

I guess charging fans for 30 years old music in a plastic box full of fake junk doesn't hurt the band, but for some odd reason hunting down youtube uploads doesn't hurt the band and giving fans no chance of buying actual new songs (because there's zero new songs) also don't hurt the band, so instead shadowy people sell some demos to the fans themselves getting huge profits on that, yet nobody seems to really care - the band is getting insanely huge profits from touring anyway (so they don't give a damn about anything, and the attitude is just like "you idiot either you can buy show tickets for a bargain of $399 or have old music for the same price - and if you don't like that, you can just fuck off") and fans end up double fucked from both sides (selling hoarders and non-creative band) right into their butts. 

interesting. one would say that exactly how the band/management/label are managing things hurts the band the most, more or less for two and a half decades already.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2