2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Even though the content of the storage locker wasn't intended to be released by its creator, I'm glad I got to hear it. It's music.

But private e-mails are another story. As much as curious I am about what it is in them, I think making them public crosses a line.

Agreed 100%

I won't read Axl's autobiography, or any of the emails.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Let's just make this clear.

We will not allow any discussion relating to any correspondence that was intended to be private.  This is none of our business and just as we would want others to respect our privacy we will extend the same courtesy to anyone involved with GNR.

We kindly "ask" that members do not provide any information of the contents within private documents.  This includes summaries, quotations, descriptions or anything of the kind.  

Failure to abide by this rule will result in a warning point and a seven day suspension.

We appreciate your cooperation on this matter.  

I think this is the right thing to do, nice one guys :) I've suggested the same policy to the other staff on Gnr Evo to see if they'll follow suit too. Doesn't feel right that private emails should be leaked, and this definitely crosses a line.

1 hour ago, downzy said:

We will not allow any discussion relating to any correspondence that was intended to be private.  This is none of our business and just as we would want others to respect our privacy we will extend the same courtesy to anyone involved with GNR.

We kindly "ask" that members do not provide any information of the contents within private documents.  This includes summaries, quotations, descriptions or anything of the kind.  

Failure to abide by this rule will result in a warning point and a seven day suspension.

Just for clarification, what if some of this stuff comes up in passing? Say for example:

"Oh yeah, so and so was going to be on CD2"

"How do you know that?"

"Uhhh... I'm not allowed to say..."

Or what if Axl's book leaks, or anything similar that may be included, are we not allowed to mention any previously unknown events in the band's history that it could reveal? I just want to know where we stand.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Azifwekare said:

Just for clarification, what if some of this stuff comes up in passing? Say for example:

"Oh yeah, so and so was going to be on CD2"

"How do you know that?"

"Uhhh... I'm not allowed to say..."

Or what if Axl's book leaks, or anything similar that may be included, are we not allowed to mention any previously unknown events in the band's history that it could reveal? I just want to know where we stand.

This; I'd like to know if a document comes out that gives information regarding Chinese 2 such as a tracklist (Cuban Skies, anyone?) if we need to be silent about it because it came from a leaked email.  Same goes for the other tame things, like music video ideas and Axl detailing his album plans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

As a reminder to anyone hoping for these emails to leak, please save yourself some trouble and read the post above. 

4 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

I think it’s hypocritical for people to say it’s ok to leak music because it’s music but it’s not ok to leak emails because they are private. If GnR wanted none of it public, why isn’t it the same?

Honestly, there’s not much difference. If anything the music leaking does more damage monetary.

8 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

I think it’s hypocritical for people to say it’s ok to leak music because it’s music but it’s not ok to leak emails because they are private. If GnR wanted none of it public, why isn’t it the same?

My personal opinion is that as an artist, even though Axl doesn't release alot of music, he still does.

Whereas, someone's personal emails are not meant to be seen by the public. 

Just my opinion.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

I don't think necessarily either are "okay", but overall I feel way way more comfortable downloading leaked music than condoning someone leaking personal and business emails

One of those is way more damaging in the sense of one of them being put through the internet gossip machine and the information being used for hectic gossip and bashing, and discussion all related to business and personal decisions that only came to light because of an alleged hacking, and intrusion of personal emails.

The other one of those are just songs

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

Just to be clear, I don't think any of the staff have ever said it's OK to leak music. 

However, discussing GNR music is a big part of this forum so we've allowed people to discuss the leaks because it's GNR music and there's very little of that to go around. 

Allowing posting and discussion of emails that were always meant to be private (financial info and so on) just seems wrong to me. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lio said:

How can you not see the difference in listening to unreleased songs and reading other people's private e-mails?

Songs were meant to be heard, although not in this version per se, but they were made with the intention to have us listen to it.

Those e-mails were never meant for us or anyone else than the people who the were addressed to.

That pretty much sums it up very well.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lio said:

How can you not see the difference in listening to unreleased songs and reading other people's private e-mails?

Songs were meant to be heard, although not in this version per se, but they were made with the intention to have us listen to it.

Those e-mails were never meant for us or anyone else than the people who the were addressed to.

You don’t know the songs were meant to be heard. They were never officially released so I’d imagine they weren’t meant to be heard. 

4 minutes ago, Creed said:

I agree. Axl's rant about Madison is enough indication what was going on in these mails. 

The autobio rumors are that Axl wrote very nasty things about Slash (like 'Slash is cancer' stuff) and Metallica being responsible for the Montreal riot. 

Axl has obviously a bi-polar disorder, which causes stuff like this. Some emails shouldnt leak. But music video plans, stuff with Interscope, etc would be fine and harmless for the fan base, imo. 

agree with you.