2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

33 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Respectfully disagree, some of the instrumentals show huge promise in my opinion. I’d say there’s around 5-6 good instrumentals and of course, Atlas, Hardskool, SOG and Perhaps. That’s an album right there

Agreed. I haven't spent a lot of time on them but I remember there being some great to excellent ideas in the instrumentals. Plus who knows how much further work was put into all of them after 1999. 

3 hours ago, Italian girl said:

I'll tell you later.. now I'm at work and I don't remember the titles of those specific ones

👍

3 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

The ones with lyrics are fantastic IMO.

I also like that piano based one without lyrics.

As It Began - quality track. One of my favourites of the leaks. 👍

29 minutes ago, axlweave said:

As it began is part of the song Seven 

Is this confirmed, and if so, from whom?

As far as good instrumentals, I agree on there being at least a half dozen or more great ones. I listen to them in my vehicle. I can't think of the names.

being I haven't heard many of the newest leaks, I've reverted to listening to the earliest cd leaks from the early 2000's and the early live performances pre 2006. they are all so beautifully bass heavy and resonate so much now, even with some of the minor recording flaws...chinese, irs, and catcher.  with the 2020 pandemic it's as though they really fit the times...and then of course there is omg.

7 hours ago, Creed said:

Only Hardschool, Quick Song and Atlas are good. + one aggressive version of Rhiad and the bedouins. 

The rest is just for hardcore Axl lovers. 

On the whole CD saga there isnt even one sing a long song unfortunately. I like some ideas, but its just an experimental rock album.

Brian May should have done the solos for SOD and Madagascar. That would have been cool.

I can maybe understand the SOD view, but wiping Buckethead's Madagascar solo, even with the legendary Brian May, would be a crime against humanity. Listen to the instrumental version if you are not convinced. 

27 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I still don't understand why they replaced that Axl's raspy TIL demo voice by the one that ended up on the album. 

Unfortunately I don't think it was replaced at all. The remix would have been recorded after the album was released?

Either way, the remix vocal is 10x better.

9 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Unfortunately I don't think it was replaced at all. The remix would have been recorded after the album was released?

Either way, the remix vocal is 10x better.

Maybe, but we don't know for sure. That vocal take could have been either the "original" or something from around 2006 (as this is clearly not 1999–2001 Axl), and there still was time to put it on the record prior to its release. I think the consensus is that this is from around 2006, but considering the song is said to have been created around 1993, what do we know, right? Still, shame. That godlike voice...

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I still don't understand why May's solo was removed from CITR

It was likely done to be more inclusive of active members of the band at the time. 

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

I still don't understand why they replaced that Axl's raspy TIL demo voice by the one that ended up on the album. 

Those vocals may have been recorded post CD release. 

Either way, I actually prefer the album vocals. They fit the song better, he shows his vocal range more, including his clean and rasp sounds. The pure rasp one on the remix sounds forced and unnatural, to me anyways.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

It was likely done to be more inclusive of active members of the band at the time. 

Those vocals may have been recorded post CD release. 

Either way, I actually prefer the album vocals. They fit the song better, he shows his vocal range more, including his clean and rasp sounds. The pure rasp one on the remix sounds forced and unnatural, to me anyways.

Like I said, that seems to be the general consensus, but we'll probably never know. 

As for me, I've always said this is the best Axl I've ever heard, live or studio, old or new. Every man to his taste... 

14 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Like I said, that seems to be the general consensus, but we'll probably never know. 

As for me, I've always said this is the best Axl I've ever heard, live or studio, old or new. Every man to his taste... 

I thought Axl talked about it (Catcher) in the chats.