RussTCB

CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Just going by what I was told. I know everyone has a "reliable source" these days, but mine is pretty darn reliable and I'm told Quick Song, Perhaps, Nothin, Eye On You and State Of Grace all have vocals. 

Honesty, that’s a lot of close to finished songs for 1999-2001. I know we hate on Axl, but Axl and new GnR were quite productive in this time period (to my surprise). Just too bad they didn’t release something then!

It will be interesting to piece together what happened, in terms of new songs and/or vocals, between 2001 and 2006. 

There are things on these CD's from before and after Rock in Rio 3 right? 

This was taken from an interview done just after RIR3 in January 2001

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=37

With 18 songs, the group's next album (they haven't released anything since 1993's "The Spaghetti Incident?") is a collection of songs, which in Axl's opinion are as good as "November Rain". Among them "Madagascar", included in the show on Sunday. The CD will include a tribute to John Lennon and another about child abuse

It seems pretty much accepted that The General is about at least in parts child abuse, so isn't it likely that one of the songs ogf these CD's is actually the General under a different name?.

If so it will be without the work done to it by Beltrami who added his stuff in 2002.

My guess would be Devious Bastard.

12 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

There are things on these CD's from before and after Rock in Rio 3 right? 

This was taken from an interview done just after RIR3 in January 2001

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=37

With 18 songs, the group's next album (they haven't released anything since 1993's "The Spaghetti Incident?") is a collection of songs, which in Axl's opinion are as good as "November Rain". Among them "Madagascar", included in the show on Sunday. The CD will include a tribute to John Lennon and another about child abuse

It seems pretty much accepted that The General is about at least in parts child abuse, so isn't it likely that one of the songs ogf these CD's is actually the General under a different name?.

If so it will be without the work done to it by Beltrami who added his stuff in 2002.

My guess would be Devious Bastard.

Didn’t Brain say tho that he and his friend came up with the title The General as soon as they wrote the music which Axl later added lyrics too? Maybe Axl changed it to Devious Bastard and then realized it was a stupid name and changed it back to The General.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Didn’t Brain say tho that he and his friend came up with the title The General as soon as they wrote the music which Axl later added lyrics too? Maybe Axl changed it to Devious Bastard and then realized it was a stupid name and changed it back to The General.

Who knows but in that interview above it's pretty clear that at that time The General or whatever it may have been labelled as was supposed to be on CD not any follow up album.

seems possible its amongst those discs somewhere

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I believe when Brian confirmed it was him on Catcher he mentioned Atlas as a song he laid a solo down for. During the forum chats in 2008, Axl said he was unsure Brian would appear on the final version of the song. And now hearing the track, the end of the solo with the overlaid guitars is 100% him. The rest of the solo, I’m not so sure is Brian. 

The entire solo is definitely 100% Brian May. Fink couldn't play like that. Listen to some Queen. May playing like Slash?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pskihq92 said:

The entire solo is definitely 100% Brian May. Fink couldn't play like that. Listen to some Queen. May playing like Slash?

Seriously I knew it was Brian May before I read it was Brian May. lol

9 minutes ago, h2sublime said:

Seriously I knew it was Brian May before I read it was Brian May. lol

:headbang:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zombux said:

no, my question was how do we know for sure that May is playing at Perhaps (and also at Atlas)?

5 hours ago, Finck2006 said:

Atlas has his signature at the end of the solo.

It's 100% Brian May. The beginning and throughout the first half, he uses an octave pedal (which doubles his notes with a lower guitar tone). Then the lick with the stereo guitar also using an octave pedal (this time, with higher guitar tone) kicks in. And I believe the outro has also some Brian May licks complementing Axl's vocals.

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I believe when Brian confirmed it was him on Catcher he mentioned Atlas as a song he laid a solo down for. During the forum chats in 2008, Axl said he was unsure Brian would appear on the final version of the song. 

Indeed he did. Would be cool if May confirms again that it's his work on it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

It's 100% Brian May. The beginning and throughout the first half, he uses an octave pedal (which doubles his notes with a lower guitar tone). Then the lick with the stereo guitar also using an octave pedal (this time, with higher guitar tone) kicks in. And I believe the outro has also some Brian May licks complementing Axl's vocals.

Indeed he did. Would be cool if May confirms again that it's his work on it.

I definitely hear Brian's licks at the end too 

• Like 1

There's a version of Atlas with Audacity-removed vocals floating around

Who's going to the brave soul and sing it at a karaoke bar (and film the reaction)?

Come on you pussies

Edited by TheSeeker
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

On 31-8-2019 at 8:49 AM, Fried chicken said:

shit not as bad as the phil collins forum then

Oh Lord. 

On a side note. The only CD song I  really want to hear without it being re-recorded is The General. That cellphone clip was rough as hell, but Bucket's guitar work...omg!

:wow:

Edited by Gaanzer

Years have passed and I still dont know how people could make anything from that shitty cellphone recording lol its so fuckin unlistenable. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just gonna put his out here...I've had the chance to listen to the Atlas Shrugged and Hard School leaks several times now....and I must be missing something. I'm just not feeling either track. I don't think either song was intended to be released on an album, but more or less didn't make the cut, and was kept in "storage."  I look at it like this, if another band or artist made both songs, that's not GnR or Axl, would either garner multiple listens, or be placed on regular rotation? Just from what I heard though, I see why each was kept off the final CD album cut.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, default_ said:

Years have passed and I still dont know how people could make anything from that shitty cellphone recording lol its so fuckin unlistenable. 

I've probably listened to it enough times to dissect the bits and pieces that make it sound like it could be a Coma-tier epic placed at the start of ChiDem2, which is why I've wanted it more than anything else that could leak from the Chinese years; I don't think the modern band has anything they could add to the song, I'd want to hear it as it was originally recorded.

Atlas could easily get the Slash treatment, but Hard School has a lot of NuGNR elements that would be missing if it was re-recorded.  That outro has no less than three layers of guitars.  :lol:

6 hours ago, Gaanzer said:

Oh Lord. 

On a side note. The only CD song I  really want to hear without it being re-recorded is The General. That cellphone clip was rough as hell, but Bucket's guitar work...omg!

:wow:

One can dream!

• Haha 1

Hate when people say I understand why it was not included.  Compare the recent leak of Twat with the one we got in 2006  and fyi Demo is

record (a song or piece of music) to demonstrate the capabilities of a musical group or performer or as preparation for a full recording.

• Like 1

The General cell phone clip is the most intriguing thing left out there for me. It sounds so friggin mean man.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papashaun said:

Just gonna put his out here...I've had the chance to listen to the Atlas Shrugged and Hard School leaks several times now....and I must be missing something. I'm just not feeling either track. I don't think either song was intended to be released on an album, but more or less didn't make the cut, and was kept in "storage."  I look at it like this, if another band or artist made both songs, that's not GnR or Axl, would either garner multiple listens, or be placed on regular rotation? Just from what I heard though, I see why each was kept off the final CD album cut.

Dude, I am so with you.

I love GNR and I loved NuGNR and I used to sit in my apartment waiting for things to leak. They tended to, every couple years...

But hearing these two songs is a disappointment. They don’t rise beyond mediocre for me and I guess that makes sense, seeing as they didn’t make the one album Axl released.

I guess it puts in perspective how much I hyped this up to myself over a period of a decade. But interesting to hear.

• Like 1

I didn't and still don't care for the demos of TWAT and Prostitute, but I love the final album versions. I won't pass final judgement on Atlas and Hard School just yet.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

13 minutes ago, djtripp20 said:

The General cell phone clip is the most intriguing thing left out there for me. It sounds so friggin mean man.

Yeah it's weird that Axl was still openly teasing a second album in 2010, but then a year later his voice was gone and he started the never-ending Greatest Hits tour

The Azoff lawsuit killed his drive in 2011, and by 2014 he was ready to cash in on a reunion since he was just going through the motions anyway

I'm surprised how much I love "Hard School". I was always not too impressed by the clips that were out there, but this song is fucking killer, easily my favorite of the new leaks (which is crazy because I've been so curious about "Atlas Shrugged" forever).

Edited by BangoSkank
Grammatical mistake
  • Like 3