2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

12 minutes ago, GS67 said:

10 songs only allowed on a reissued CD. Can come from the actual album or all the leaks over the years. Only 10. No bonus song or gay shit like that. GO

Easier said than done.

1. Chinese Democracy [Freese version]
2. Better [Album version]
3. Atlas Shrugged
4. Catcher In The Rye [Brian May version]
5. There Was A Time [Album version]
6. Shackler's Revenge
7. IRS [Album version]
8. Perhaps
9. Madagascar [RTB version]
10. Prostitute [Album version]

Anything I left off I don't deem not worthy of making the cut, but I'm thinking of this as a multi-album thing - I just put together what I think forms a truly coherent album. 

It's cool to see people liking State of Grace and Perhaps. 

I'm trying to make sense of those songs (and Hardschool). Seems to me those were not subject of several tweaks and different takes like the others. Even though we like how the songs are now, maybe Axl (and the other guys) had something else in mind to add and finish them up later back in 2000. 

Also, besides Brian May's fantastic solo in Perhaps and Atlas, the songs didnt sound much guitar-driven to me. Keep in mind that Robin was out and Bucket had just came in. This was an awkward time for the recording process, and I think Axl was still considering what he would release with Robin. I think there's so much more stuff on Axl's real vault we don't even know it exist.

BTW, I've always believed Axl had tons of stuff recorded and ready back then. I still remember how some people always said he had no other songs than what he was playing back then. LOL  

25 minutes ago, GS67 said:

10 songs only allowed on a reissued CD. Can come from the actual album or all the leaks over the years. Only 10. No bonus song or gay shit like that. GO

1. Chinese Democracy (Freese version)
2. Jackie Chan
3. Oh My God
4. Better (MSL 2007)
5. Perhaps
6. Catcher In The Rye (Brian May)
7. There Was A Time (Antiquiet 2008)
8. The Blues (MSL 2007)
9. IRS (2006)
10. Prostitute (Antiquiet 2008)

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

1. Chinese Democracy (Freese version)
2. Jackie Chan
3. Oh My God
4. Better (MSL 2007)
5. Perhaps
6. Catcher In The Rye (Brian May)
7. There Was A Time (Antiquiet 2008)
8. The Blues (MSL 2007)
9. IRS (2006)
10. Prostitute (Antiquiet 2008)

That's a really solid list. The only reason I didn't include Hard School is because I thought it would make a great opener for a second album.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GS67 said:

1. Chinese Democracy 

2. Shacklers 

3. Hard School

4. Better

5. TWAT 

6. IRS (1999 leak)

7. Madagascar

8. Perhaps

9. This I love

10. Prostitute 

7 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

How do you all rank these leaks? Here are mine:

1) Perhaps

2) State of Grace

3) Atlas Shrugged

4) Hard School

5) Silkworms

I had a hard time ordering this list, with the exception of Silkworms. So that's a good sign of the quality of the songs!

While I’m making lists...

1. Perhaps 

2. Hard School

3. Atlas 

4. State of Grace

5. Silkworms 

Silkorms has grown on me though, I’m actually starting to like it in good quality.

• Like 1

each song is kind of a slap in the face after few listen, specially Perhaps, damn Axl what did you do.., I still have faith for Atlas to be THE song if there is a re-work/official release, I didnt wait decades for Atlas, to be an "ok"song, no way!
1- Perhaps
2- State of Grace
3- Atlas
4- Hardschool
10- Silkworms

22 hours ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Agreed! I was listening to "Hospitality" by Buckethead and it reminded me of that guitar lead on "The General". I often wonder if Buckethead low key plays unheard GN'R guitar leads/solos on his Pikes albums... 

Or did he introduce them to GNR and they were passed on, so he built on them and put them out....

3 minutes ago, Strongback said:

These all are 19 years old demos, right? They are probably finished songs by now. And we don't even know how many other different songs are still on Axl's vault.

Now it doesn't sounds as crazy all those times Fortus said the next album was almost ready.

And how much different the material really is from song to song. I remember one comparison made by Axl with Physical Graffiti and he was absolutely right IMO.

Crazy to think how different setlists would have been if the albums were released as planned as well... Imagine the first two ChiDem albums blowing up, and Axl touring with Finck and Bucket and playing these songs:

1. Chinese Democracy
  2. Welcome to the Jungle
  3. Silkworms
  4. Estranged
  5. The Blues
  6. Sweet Child O' Mine
  7. Perhaps
  8. Rocket Queen
  9. Oh My God
  10. Going Down
  11. Civil War
  12. Atlas Shrugged
  13. You Could Be Mine
  14. November Rain
  15. State of Grace
  16. Nightrain

17. Hard School
  18. Prostitute
  19. Paradise City

Have 10/19 songs be nuGNR material. What could have been...

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

this is not a request.  More a statement.  But I am intrigued about Oklahoma as that was listed on the locker cds. I've always wondered about that song for years as the story was he was in court and the OKC bombing happened.  I was 12-13 years old at that time in 1995.  To think that song is potentially that old. I would presume most of those on the CDs have vocals unless noted,,, as some of the pictures reflect "no vox"

• GNFNR 1