2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

9 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

How do you all rank these leaks? Here are mine:

1) Perhaps

2) State of Grace

3) Atlas Shrugged

4) Hard School

5) Silkworms

I had a hard time ordering this list, with the exception of Silkworms. So that's a good sign of the quality of the songs!

State of grace

Perhaps

Atlas

Hardschool

Silkworms

I've seriously been blasting state of grace every time I've been in my truck since it leaked. OMG was always one of my top 5 GnR songs and this just fits right in with it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, liers said:

How many new songs on the tape are left that have vocals? I know theres quick song but what else? Oklahoma? Eyes on you? Zodiac?

I could be wrong, but I think Quick Song, Nothing and Eye On You are the only ones left with vocals. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

I could be wrong, but I think Quick Song, Nothing and Eye On You are the only ones left with vocals. 

Isn’t Nothing supposedly the one where Axl is just saying the same line over and over (like Blood in the Water)? Also I coulda sworn I read that the song Dummy is supposed to be an Axl rap. :lol:

I’d like to take this opportunity to, once again, remind everyone that it is not a good idea to PM a mod asking for leaks, current or old. Our suspension policy applies to any materials leaked at any time, it’s not specific to leaks that have just recently happened. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, djones1225 said:

Heard a 13 second snippet of Eyes on You is circulating now...

I got pumped when I saw it up in the middle of the night but it sounds either fake or sped up. Or both. It's really high pitched and sounds like a shitty pop song. 33 seconds of garbage

Edited by Pskihq92
Correction

31 minutes ago, charliehoodger said:

I know this has been talked about before but just to reiterate- whomever has the cds, its legally their property now right? Not axl's anymore?

It’s just like a regular CD. If you buy AFD you own the CD but you still can’t upload it to the internet etc.

• Like 1

I believe the tracks are only protected if copyrights were filed? So the officially released versions are copyright protected. But with some of the leaked versions being so different then officially released they might be in a grey area. Certainly with the previously unreleased tracks - they may not have been filed for protection? For instance if they copyrighted Goin Down before the addition of the lead guitar melodies, theyd need to file all over again - typically one waits for the finished product to copyright for these reasons. 

Today music can be filed for copyright by sounds recording or musical notation (if you follow the Stair Way case you'll know what a terrible system musical notation copyright is). But its possible that when Brain had the entire CD recordings with Freese staffed out, they may have filed that? However drums/ rhythms are not considered Original enough to protect. But if the person staffed out the chords and melody (which is entirely likely) then the entire Fresse era maybe copyright protected in a Musical Notation file.  

https://blog.reverbnation.com/2018/04/25/music-law-101-what-does-copyright-law-protect/