RussTCB

CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

4 minutes ago, brad_k said:

Am I being greedy in saying I want 'Perhaps' to leak next even tho SoG has just come out?

Yes, you're being greedy :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

Perhaps just leaked

OMG. What a night!!

10 songs only allowed on a reissued CD. Can come from the actual album or all the leaks over the years. Only 10. No bonus song or gay shit like that. GO

12 minutes ago, GS67 said:

10 songs only allowed on a reissued CD. Can come from the actual album or all the leaks over the years. Only 10. No bonus song or gay shit like that. GO

Easier said than done.

1. Chinese Democracy [Freese version]
2. Better [Album version]
3. Atlas Shrugged
4. Catcher In The Rye [Brian May version]
5. There Was A Time [Album version]
6. Shackler's Revenge
7. IRS [Album version]
8. Perhaps
9. Madagascar [RTB version]
10. Prostitute [Album version]

Anything I left off I don't deem not worthy of making the cut, but I'm thinking of this as a multi-album thing - I just put together what I think forms a truly coherent album. 

It's cool to see people liking State of Grace and Perhaps. 

I'm trying to make sense of those songs (and Hardschool). Seems to me those were not subject of several tweaks and different takes like the others. Even though we like how the songs are now, maybe Axl (and the other guys) had something else in mind to add and finish them up later back in 2000. 

Also, besides Brian May's fantastic solo in Perhaps and Atlas, the songs didnt sound much guitar-driven to me. Keep in mind that Robin was out and Bucket had just came in. This was an awkward time for the recording process, and I think Axl was still considering what he would release with Robin. I think there's so much more stuff on Axl's real vault we don't even know it exist.

BTW, I've always believed Axl had tons of stuff recorded and ready back then. I still remember how some people always said he had no other songs than what he was playing back then. LOL  

25 minutes ago, GS67 said:

1. Chinese Democracy (Freese version)
2. Jackie Chan
3. Oh My God
4. Better (MSL 2007)
5. Perhaps
6. Catcher In The Rye (Brian May)
7. There Was A Time (Antiquiet 2008)
8. The Blues (MSL 2007)
9. IRS (2006)
10. Prostitute (Antiquiet 2008)

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

1. Chinese Democracy (Freese version)
2. Jackie Chan
3. Oh My God
4. Better (MSL 2007)
5. Perhaps
6. Catcher In The Rye (Brian May)
7. There Was A Time (Antiquiet 2008)
8. The Blues (MSL 2007)
9. IRS (2006)
10. Prostitute (Antiquiet 2008)

That's a really solid list. The only reason I didn't include Hard School is because I thought it would make a great opener for a second album.

• Like 1

Just to think that all of these songs were not in a vault but an easily accessible storage locker. Talk about hidden in plain sight

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • GNFNR 2

11 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

Just to think that all of these songs were not in a vault but an easily accessible storage locker. Talk about hidden in plain sight

That's the most GNR thing about this whole deal. 

• Haha 1

How do you all rank these leaks? Here are mine:

1) Perhaps

2) State of Grace

3) Atlas Shrugged

4) Hard School

5) Silkworms

I had a hard time ordering this list, with the exception of Silkworms. So that's a good sign of the quality of the songs!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

That's a really solid list. The only reason I didn't include Hard School is because I thought it would make a great opener for a second album.

Madagascar could've been a good opener for a second album, if it came out in 2000-2002...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GS67 said:

1. Chinese Democracy 

2. Shacklers 

3. Hard School

4. Better

5. TWAT 

6. IRS (1999 leak)

7. Madagascar

8. Perhaps

9. This I love

10. Prostitute 

7 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

How do you all rank these leaks? Here are mine:

1) Perhaps

2) State of Grace

3) Atlas Shrugged

4) Hard School

5) Silkworms

I had a hard time ordering this list, with the exception of Silkworms. So that's a good sign of the quality of the songs!

While I’m making lists...

1. Perhaps 

2. Hard School

3. Atlas 

4. State of Grace

5. Silkworms 

Silkorms has grown on me though, I’m actually starting to like it in good quality.

• Like 1

each song is kind of a slap in the face after few listen, specially Perhaps, damn Axl what did you do.., I still have faith for Atlas to be THE song if there is a re-work/official release, I didnt wait decades for Atlas, to be an "ok"song, no way!
1- Perhaps
2- State of Grace
3- Atlas
4- Hardschool
10- Silkworms

22 hours ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Agreed! I was listening to "Hospitality" by Buckethead and it reminded me of that guitar lead on "The General". I often wonder if Buckethead low key plays unheard GN'R guitar leads/solos on his Pikes albums... 

Or did he introduce them to GNR and they were passed on, so he built on them and put them out....

1 hour ago, Jabberwocky said:

What do you mean? I can't believe that! What happened? Someone by accident found these cds?

23 minutes ago, Bernardo_Seccadio said:

What do you mean? I can't believe that! What happened? Someone by accident found these cds?

You new here? 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You new here? 

Not really but just in GNR world that songs like "Perhaps" or "State of Grace" stay unreleased for decades and just appear on the internet by accident. It's incredible, the CD 2 is even stronger than the 1st one. It impresses me ... 

Feels like we've heard a third of a follow-up album between these four songs, and it's awesome :) 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

These all are 19 years old demos, right? They are probably finished songs by now. And we don't even know how many other different songs are still on Axl's vault.

Now it doesn't sounds as crazy all those times Fortus said the next album was almost ready.