2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

12 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

How do you know? Have you heard Oklahoma?

I have been wondering about that song forever...

People who have the files have said that there's only three unheard songs left that have vocals and the rest are instrumentals. Oklahoma isn't one of them. 

1 minute ago, Jw224 said:

People who have the files have said that there's only three unheard songs left that have vocals and the rest are instrumentals. Oklahoma isn't one of them. 

Keep in mind these CD's are only from a brief period of time in the band's history, Berlin/Oklahoma could have a later version with a vocal track laid on it that we just don't know of yet.  Sort of like how we got Three Dollar Pyramid/Better's instrumental recorded between '99 and '01, with a vocal demo being assembled in '06 I believe?

3 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Keep in mind these CD's are only from a brief period of time in the band's history, Berlin/Oklahoma could have a later version with a vocal track laid on it that we just don't know of yet.  Sort of like how we got Three Dollar Pyramid/Better's instrumental recorded between '99 and '01, with a vocal demo being assembled in '06 I believe?

Yes I know. I was strictly speaking about what's on the cds haha. I feel a few of the songs that aren't finished are probably finished now. 

26 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

I would not be surprised if maybe they add some covers or some songs that they don’t normally play from illusions or other albums. I would bet if we hear anything new it would be towards the end of the tour

I’m really tired of the covers though. And the same set list

People would lose their shit if they played any of this material live but instead they’ll play 20 minutes of covers that no one cares about each night

So is there a full Version of "The General" somewhere?

I have heard a version once, called The General (Evader Mix), its a 3:56 minute long song with a long slow and dark instrumental. The vocals are somewhat of an echo, so the lyrics are hard to understand. Something with "back to you".

Does anybody know something about that song? Is it "the General"? 

Just now, Kardeshma said:

So is there a full Version of "The General" somewhere?

I have heard a version once, called The General (Evader Mix), its a 3:56 minute long song with a long slow and dark instrumental. The vocals are somewhat of an echo, so the lyrics are hard to understand. Something with "back to you".

Does anybody know something about that song? Is it "the General"? 

Collectors have The General; it likely isn't in this batch of demos because it's more of a Bucket-era song, but there could be an early instrumental that plays into where the song was headed.  The Evader remix is based off of the cell phone recording leak, it has nothing to do with the actual song.

• Thanks 1

I believe there are 20-21 more songs with vocals/lyrics...just lookst the mixtape lists..only a few have in parenthesis no vocals...I don't know where people are getting only 3 songs left with vocals???  If that is the case..what a HUGE HUGE letdown this all is...all those discs and a half dozen with vocals, like seriously????? 

19 minutes ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

I believe there are 20-21 more songs with vocals/lyrics...just lookst the mixtape lists..only a few have in parenthesis no vocals...I don't know where people are getting only 3 songs left with vocals???  If that is the case..what a HUGE HUGE letdown this all is...all those discs and a half dozen with vocals, like seriously????? 

Considering we've gotten 4 new* Guns songs I wouldn't consider it a let down at all ... 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Considering we've gotten 4 new* Guns songs I wouldn't consider it a let down at all ... 

Of course it's not a let down. Saying so is a bit dramatic. 

All that's leaked are things that were on CDs from Tom Zutauts locker that were put in there ages ago. 

Who knows how much work was done long after those CDs came about. Take Better for example. The version on the CDs is far from complete, seeing as it doesn't even have vocals yet. A ton more work was put into that song between the time those CDs were made and when the album was finally released. 

So take that one example and thinking about it in the context of all of the rest of the instrumentals in those discs. There's probably a great amount of tracks finished, they just weren't left laying around in a locker somewhere is all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

It would be a huge letdown...20 yrs and 1 album plus a handful with vocals??? That's horrible 

If/when the floodgates open, a lot of songs that are just instrumentals in this batch could have near-completed versions in later demos.  Songs like Zodiac & Seven come to mind.

I'm glad we got told ahead of time what songs are left that feature Axl vocals so expectations can be reasonably placed (Quicksong, Eye On You, Nothing)

Obviously the focus was the majority of the songs that we got in Chinese 1.   As those are old and obviously repeated as a focus. I’m sure there’s plenty more and people have them. Will be here them I doubt it. It is cool to hear what we have and what else may come. I hope the band releases all of this in proper form.  Now if they did a Box set release of Chinese with all these demos with vocals And it was like 60 songs with the remastered version of the album and all the different types of artwork I would probably be more willing to pay $1000 for that then a release of appetite or illusions of songs I’ve already heard a bazillion times

7 minutes ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

If you look atthe lists...it only has a few songs where it says no vocals but now somehow there are only 3 left with vocals...all this hype over 20 or 50 CDs from some lockers and only 6-7 new songs with vocals??? Huge disappointment...am doubting we were get more than one album now

You're looking at it in completely wrong way starting with extreme exaggeration of the situation. 

No one has ever said anything close to "50 CDs". As far as I've always seen, then claim was 15-20 CDs. On top of that, look at the case I just made above for Better alone. On these CDs, it's just a demo with no lyrics. That demo became the song that got officially released along with a bunch of other songs that aren't listed on these CDs. 

The only reason we're hearing this stuff is because Tom Zutaut left them lying in a storage locker. There's probably tons of material stored properly that we have no clue about and won't until it's time for it to be released. 

In the end, you're free to look at this any way you like of course but I think you're choosing to look at it in a far more negative light than needed. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

If you look atthe lists...it only has a few songs where it says no vocals but now somehow there are only 3 left with vocals...all this hype over 20 or 50 CDs from some lockers and only 6-7 new songs with vocals??? Huge disappointment...am doubting we were get more than one album now

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

Considering none of this was guaranteed to have leaked in the first place, and we didn't even know about it until a little over a month ago, we're very lucky to get what we have had so far.

We almost have the 1999-2001 versions of all the songs from CD, and if the rest of the tracks with vocals do leak, we've pretty much got a new album.

That's fuck tonne more than we've got from the band over the last decade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1