RussTCB

CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

11 minutes ago, Caedo said:

The people who have heard the full set have said that there are only three more songs with vocals, so it's probably a pretty safe bet that that's it. It's very likely that many of the instrumental tracks had vocals added later though, this is just one set of recordings. 

Also there is no disc 21 and song called Dragons, that was just made up as trade bait by someone.  

There is this picture (from a legal document/contract?), originally posted elsewhere by one of the people who have/had the CDs or the song files, that was also posted a few pages back in this thread and there is a song titled Dragon in it:

p3Vc9N0.jpg

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There is this picture (from a legal document/contract?), originally posted elsewhere by one of the people who have/had the CDs or the song files, that was also posted a few pages back in this thread and there is a song titled Dragon in it:

p3Vc9N0.jpg

Yeah I saw that but I'd say those songs would be from other studio sessions, not in the set that was sold from the storage locker. I could be totally wrong, but that's just what I've heard from multiple people who have heard everything on the CD's (I haven't obviously). To be honest I have no idea what the backstory to that piece of paper is. 

3 minutes ago, Caedo said:

Yeah I saw that but I'd say those songs would be from other studio sessions, not in the set that was sold from the storage locker. I could be totally wrong, but that's just what I've heard from multiple people who have heard everything on the CD's (I haven't obviously). To be honest I have no idea what the backstory to that piece of paper is. 

Yeah, I'm curious about this document, too. The person who originally posted the picture didn't give any information on what it is and where it came from.

I keep thinking of the cool piece of music between the intro video and the excorcist sample from HOB / Rio shows, that'll be in there somewhere I'm.sure. 

Thing is with these discs, if you jump forward to 2002 youll have vocals on some of the tracks, some will be forgotten about and there'd be some new ones. Jump forward to 2006 and imagine the discs etc. Atlas probably would've been rerecorded about five times by then. Imagine RTBs mix of atlas and catcher. Imagine having the equivalent of these discs from each era. Sadly after 2006 I'm not that interested, all that work undone with Frank and bumble being added. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I'm curious about this document, too. The person who originally posted the picture didn't give any information on what it is and where it came from.

I'd say it could be fake but the aged look of the paper and all the different bits of official-looking text at the top make me think it's real. 

Edited by Caedo

so if we get the three tracks with vocals we have a mini EP

Atlas 

Grace 

Perhaps 

New 1

New 2 

New 3 

Bonus: Silkworms

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

p3Vc9N0.jpg

Where's Perhaps, or do we think it is really PRL?

•  

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

•  

Could be and Thyme could be an instrumental section? 

2 minutes ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

yea but that is a huge huge let down--1 album + a leaked ep basically--over 26 yrs--maybe will get 1 more album the next 20

But we don't know what songs where due to be on the 2010 CD that Pitman has.

The General would be on there I would say 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Could be and Thyme could be an instrumental section? 

A proper intro to Perhaps would be epic, it does seem to cut in pretty abruptly at the start. 

just think, we may never hear tons of these songs that are on these lists and if the majority of the songs from the mixtapes that are left, have no vocals, what a disaster, as that will mean we will never hear dozens of songs most likely as you know with slash and duff back--most of those will never be released i'd imagine which would be horrible!

8 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

•  

Maybe on another page of the document? State of Grace also isn't there.

• Like 1

Mastered songs. Then they contain vocals, if they are not intended as instrumentals. 

Maybe Hardschool simply wasn't mastered at any point. 

This document has to be dated pre 2008, as SOD is still listed as THE BLUES

Is there a logical order in this list? 

Edited by ZODIAC

Do we have any reason to assume these three missing songs were mastered pre-2008? 

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

Also, if this list is Exhibit B, what is Exhibit A?

Impossible to say since we have no idea what this document is. 

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Also, if this list is Exhibit B, what is Exhibit A?

Of course the other Songs, that made it on CD, plus  THE GENERAL and some others... 

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Do we have any reason to assume these three missing songs were mastered pre-2008? 

IF you are right and this list shows only mastered songs - which is most probably the case - then it's safe to say, that these three missing songs were mastered pre-2008 

3 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

IF you are right and this list shows only mastered songs - which is most probably the case - then it's safe to say, that these three missing songs were mastered pre-2008 

The title of the list is Subject Masters, so I think that is a fair assumption. 

But I don't see why the three missing songs must have been mastered at this time. 

I’d imagine there are lots of songs in the so called vault. All these leaks seem to be from 99 -01. Didn’t Ron, Fortus and DJ all talk about writing music? 

For whatever reason, Axl obviously wasn’t comfortable releasing it. Hell, I don’t think he even wanted to release CD. 

After all these years and line up changes, I imagine most of these songs will never be heard. 

I think Axl was extremely motivated to make a comeback in that era, but something obviously changed and he went into hiding/touring only mode.

Hopefully Slash/Duff can get him to release something.