2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

ahh either way, everything is such a gosh darn MYSTERY with trying to get new music--it is like AREA 51 with all of this stuff about these songs--most which will never hear it seems barring a miracle. This is so crazy already--all of this racket in trying to hear songs...its unbelievable.

No fans of any group expect here/GNR go thru this

Edited by STPGNR4EVER
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

Yeah, i noticed that too... Plus, the list starts with "1"... But: i don't get the point of not listing the remaining CD Songs... 

Perhaps simply because at the time this document was prepared, the remaining songs had not been mastered yet? 

Edited by SoulMonster

24 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The title of the list is Subject Masters, so I think that is a fair assumption. 

But I don't see why the three missing songs must have been mastered at this time. 

I would think it means "master recordings" or "master tapes" as its more commonly phrased. Those being, for example, what many artists lost in the Universal fire. Individual tracks arent generally mastered - the album, in play order, is mastered as a whole. Master Recordings arent mastered - thats why they are used to remaster albums. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soon said:

I would think it means "master recordings" or "master tapes" as its more commonly phrased. Those being, for example, what many artists lost in the Universal fire. Individual tracks arent generally mastered - the album, in play order, is mastered as a whole. Master Recordings arent mastered - thats why they are used to remaster albums. 

Yeah that could be it. 

14 minutes ago, 77Jesters said:

Engel and Engel are an accounting service, and that looks like a fax header on there..   anyone tried the number?  someone print the doc, and fax it back, asking for the rest of the pages! :lol:

It says "Interscope Legal." A few pages back in this thread it was mentioned that it could be Don Engel, who was one of the biggest lawyers in the entertainment industry and represented Interscope, among many others.

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Don Engel, the founder of Engel & Engel became famous for helping artists get out of their contracts. Just saying. Not that it is likely Don was the lawyer from Engel & Engel working with GN'R here, he was pretty old in the 2000s and perhaps retired. 

He was active at least until the early 00s:

https://tinyurl.com/yy2pcybh

https://tinyurl.com/yyda9lgv

If it's him in the document, he likely represented Interscope, not GnR.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He was active at least until the early 00s:

https://tinyurl.com/yy2pcybh

https://tinyurl.com/yyda9lgv

If it's him in the document, he likely represented Interscope, not GnR.

Could also be that "Engel & Engel" is the sender and "Interscope legal" the recipient, or vice versa? It been quite many years since my faxing days. 

Edited by SoulMonster

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Could also be that "Engel & Engel" is the sender and "Interscope legal" the recipient, or vice versa? It been quite many years since my faxing days. 

Could be, I guess. I don't remember what a fax looks like either.

We wouldn't need to make all these guesses if the original poster of it had given us a clue...

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Could be, I guess. I don't remember what a fax looks like either.

We wouldn't need to make all these guesses if the original poster of it had given us a clue...

But if Engel & Engel at one time represented Interscope it is unlikely they would "switch sides". Lawyer firms don't do that, do they? 

And yeah, again we are left to hypothesise and speculate. Fun but unfulfilling. I am not even convinced it is real. 

Edited by SoulMonster

56 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

What Lyrics that sound clip is fucking awful I can't make out a single word.

Haha thats true, but listening to it earlier and definitely picked out tonto twice. I may be wrong about the title issue.. But the general doesnt appear on many docs/photos from them leak manifests, but tonto does.?? Either way, hope we hear that song, its sounds doom metal mix.. Always wanted to hear that more than the myth that is atlas haha 🎶👍

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

Clearly?

The word clearly should never be used in the same context as that cellphone recording. Nothing about it is even remotely clear.

Haha yea your right.. Idk? The version i have the lyrics are clearer than that original cell phone.. Either way tonto or general... Me wanty and next plz 🙏😁

4 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I guess what you are saying sort of makes sense but I am not sure how far back The General dates.

Dare I mention his name but both MSL and Walker have both told me The General is not on those discs.

Well thats it lol... They said the general are not on them discs.. doesnt mean tonto isnt either 😉😁 fingers crossed one day we will hear something resembles that particular song/rhythm at least. 

2 minutes ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Haha yea your right.. Idk? The version i have the lyrics are clearer than that original cell phone.. Either way tonto or general... Me wanty and next plz 🙏😁

Guess you're talking about the fan-made interpretation of the cellphone leak. But that one's not real. It's fan-made from start to finish.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cineater said:

Somebody check Chinese Whispers to see what they say but I'm pretty sure they would be wrong if they said those songs did not leak before they were first performed.  Whether they were final versions I do not know.  There was a third song that went around with those two but I don't remember what it was, they weren't phone recordings either.  Back in those days, leaks were considered top secret and were only discussed behind the boards, in chat rooms and those places hopefully GNR didn't know about.

Okay, let me make it more clear - no songs at all leaked before The Blues and Mandy we’re first played live. The official release of OMG is the only bit of GN’R in the studio anyone had heard since “TSI?”.

8 hours ago, surforia said:

Also CITR.  Maddy definitely wasn’t leaked until after the shows in ‘06.  There was a live version called “Bloody Roses Remaster” that sounded kind of studio-ish but it was a fan mix from the ‘02 tour.

Right, that’s why I added the caveat “(And before the album was released)”. I meant those three were the only ones to be played after having only been leaked - otherwise you could also include Prostitute and ITW into that list. 

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Okay, let me make it more clear - no songs at all leaked before The Blues and Mandy we’re first played live. The official release of OMG is the only bit of GN’R in the studio anyone had heard since “TSI?”.

Right, that’s why I added the caveat “(And before the album was released)”. I meant those three were the only ones to be played after having only been leaked - otherwise you could also include Prostitute and ITW into that list. 

Got it.  Yes that’s right.

So I went through all the stuff that leaked and here is my list and I have it in 4 categories.  Epic, Good  Meh and Delete

EPIC

1.Perhaps (The holy grail of GNR's unreleased songs we didn't even know it existed put this on the album @Dexter but don't let Slash touch Brians solo

2. Catcher With Brians Solo

3. If The World Brain Remix

4. Madagascar Baker Demo

5. TWAT with Freese(Not the same without buckets Solo but again this was before he joined)

6. Hard School

7. Riad with Freese

GOOD

1.Atlas Shrugged(Work on the strong structure but keep Mays solo0

2. State Of Grace(See above)

3, Going Down 2002

4. This I Love Remix

5. OMG(2018 leak)

6. Better(Bumblefoot version)

7. Chinese Democracy 1999

8. Shacklers Brain Remix(weird but decent)

9. IRS 99

MEH

1. Better (ASHBA)

2. Chinese Stew(Just a different mix without buckets solos)

3. Prostitute Versions 2 and 3(Essentially the same as the album just different mixes and no solo at the end)

4. KOHD Acoustic(With better drums it would be epic)

Delete

1. All versions of silkworms(Sorry Dizzy but its not for GNR)

2. Sweet Child O Mine Big Daddy(Release the entire album re recorded rather then just a snippet)

3. All Instrumentals.

4. Better( Brain remix, its just awful)

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

So I went through all the stuff that leaked and here is my list and I have it in 4 categories.  Epic, Good  Meh and Delete

EPIC

1.Perhaps (The holy grail of GNR's unreleased songs we didn't even know it existed put this on the album @Dexter but don't let Slash touch Brians solo

2. Catcher With Brians Solo

3. If The World Brain Remix

4. Madagascar Baker Demo

5. TWAT with Freese(Not the same without buckets Solo but again this was before he joined)

6. Hard School

7. Riad with Freese

GOOD

1.Atlas Shrugged(Work on the strong structure but keep Mays solo0

2. State Of Grace(See above)

3, Going Down 2002

4. This I Love Remix

5. OMG(2018 leak)

6. Better(Bumblefoot version)

7. Chinese Democracy 1999

8. Shacklers Brain Remix(weird but decent)

9. IRS 99

MEH

1. Better (ASHBA)

2. Chinese Stew(Just a different mix without buckets solos)

3. Prostitute Versions 2 and 3(Essentially the same as the album just different mixes and no solo at the end)

4. KOHD Acoustic(With better drums it would be epic)

Delete

1. All versions of silkworms(Sorry Dizzy but its not for GNR)

2. Sweet Child O Mine Big Daddy(Release the entire album re recorded rather then just a snippet)

3. All Instrumentals.

4. Better( Brain remix, its just awful)

Just to be clear, you're only talking about everything that's already leaked.... Correct? 

So when you say "all instrumentals" you're only talking about the one that's leaked so far (As It Began), not the 19 CDs of stuff. 

I just want to clarify because you're posting as if you're trying to say you have all of the locker contents when all of it has not leaked. 

• Like 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

Just to be clear, you're only talking about everything that's already leaked.... Correct? 

So when you say "all instrumentals" you're only talking about the one that's leaked so far (As It Began), not the 19 CDs of stuff. 

I just want to clarify because you're posting as if you're trying to say you have all of the locker contents when all of it has not leaked. 

Just everything that has leaked.