2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Could be, I guess. I don't remember what a fax looks like either.

We wouldn't need to make all these guesses if the original poster of it had given us a clue...

That's the problem with Rick - he posts all these little tidbits without any context and just watches people salivate over it.

14 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

The General MIGHT be on the pitman discs 

There is no Pitman disc. Rick just told MSL that Pitman was selling the 2010 album to throw him off the scent.

All the hoarders are just trying to fuck with each other at this point and all the misinformation is leaking it's way to us under the guise of 'insider info' from people who just want to swing their dick.

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Así que revisé todo lo que se filtró y aquí está mi lista y la tengo en 4 categorías. Epic, Good Meh y Delete

ÉPICO

1.Tal vez (El santo grial de las canciones inéditas de GNR que ni siquiera sabíamos que existía puso esto en el álbum @Dexter  pero no dejes que Slash toque a Brians solo

2. Catcher con Brians Solo

3. Si el mundo Brain Remix

4. Madagascar Baker Demo

5. TWAT con Freese (No es lo mismo sin cubos Solo pero nuevamente esto fue antes de unirse)

6. Escuela dura

7. Riad con Freese

BUENO

Atlas se encogió de hombros (trabaja en la estructura fuerte pero mantén a Mays solo)

2. Estado de gracia (ver arriba)

3, bajando 2002

4. This I Love Remix

5. OMG (fuga de 2018)

6. Mejor (versión Bumblefoot)

7. Democracia china 1999

8. Shacklers Brain Remix (raro pero decente)

9. IRS 99

MEH

1. Mejor (ASHBA)

2. Estofado chino (solo una mezcla diferente sin cubos solos)

3. Prostitute Versions 2 y 3 (Esencialmente lo mismo que el álbum, solo mezclas diferentes y sin solo al final)

4. KOHD acústico (con mejores tambores sería épico)

Eliminar

1. Todas las versiones de gusanos de seda (lo siento Dizzy pero no es para GNR)

2. Sweet Child O Mine Big Daddy (Lanza todo el álbum regrabado en lugar de solo un fragmento)

3. Todos los instrumentales.

4. Mejor (Brain remix, es simplemente horrible)

I will never understand why that version of scom became part of a soundtrack

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Okay, let me make it more clear - no songs at all leaked before The Blues and Mandy we’re first played live. The official release of OMG is the only bit of GN’R in the studio anyone had heard since “TSI?”.

So you're say you know that for a fact.  That it was impossible anybody else had possession of those leaks before what you know to be fact?

Is that a confession? :lol:

5 minutes ago, cineater said:

So you're say you know that for a fact.  That it was impossible anybody else had possession of those leaks before what you know to be fact?

Is that a confession? :lol:

:rolleyes:

You’re splitting hairs. If anyone had those tracks before they were played live, they would’ve been a very select few people. For at least 99.99999% of fans, HOB 2001 and Rio 2001 were the first time any CD era material was heard, other than OMG. Leaks are tracks that, with a little bit of know-how to find, the public can get their hands on. Songs that a handful of people have or have heard aren’t leaks. So a few people have their hands on the full 15 Zutaut discs, I guess that means by your logic that the full content of those 15 discs have leaked - correct?

• Like 1

We are all on this forum because we are big fans of GNR. However, as much as we all want to hear new music (especially with the reunited members of the classic line up), it does not mean we are entitled to the leaks, no matter how the material was discovered.  Yes, it is frustrating to know there is so much recorded material that has been sitting for years and years.  And, if it were released, we would all be the first to buy it in any form, from demo to finished product.  We would all lose our minds if one day a box set of just the demos was put out.  We are diehard fans and want to hear it all, from the good to the bad. . .

As we all know, CD was supposed to be a trilogy of albums, so clearly there are dozens and dozens of songs.  Amazingly, they are are all roughly 20 years old now, and while "new" to us, they must feel like a lifetime ago to Axl.

It would be awesome if they play a new song on Saturday night, as it would be the talk of the music world, for sure.  

6 hours ago, The Matinator said:

Wouldn't we all lol but I think it's just somebody claiming to have heard the word Tonto in the General clip.

I wasted about 70 hours 5 years ago cleaning that clip up, altering Eq, stretching it, pulling it this way and that trying to hear the lyrics ( and convinced myself I had lol) never heard tonto mentioned though.

Heard enough to make me want the full tune though

Would anyone be surprised that MSL is posing as Fernando to scare Rick out of leaking more tracks

MSL supposedly sent death threats to whoever leaked House of Blues in 2018

There was a guy ON THIS VERY FORUM posing as Fernando for years and I'm not sure if he was ever banned - I'll go back and try to find the account

Edited by TheSeeker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

Would anyone be surprised that MSL is posing as Fernando to scare Rick out of leaking more tracks

MSL supposedly sent death threats to whoever leaked House of Blues in 2018

There was a guy ON THIS VERY FORUM posing as Fernando for years and I'm not sure if he was ever banned - I'll go back and try to find the account

I wouldn't. 

I still think it's funny how MSL came back out of nowhere just because he was craving for attention and to be involved with the leaks, even tho he didnt have shit. 

When the Prostitute first demo leaked, people were unsure if it was real or something made up with the multitracks. I said on Discord that it was the real thing (just because I have some limited knowledge on audio editing), but of course it was just my opinion. And he jumped at me asking me to backup my claim like I was being on a judge lol. I didnt even know it was him talking to me (he used a different nickname there). He was already bullshitting people stating he KNEW it was fake. 

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

I wouldn't. 

I still think it's funny how MSL came back out of nowhere just because he was craving for attention and to be involved with the leaks, even tho he didnt have shit. 

When the Prostitute first demo leaked, people were unsure if it was real or something made up with the multitracks. I said on Discord that it was the real thing (just because I have some limited knowledge on audio editing), but of course it was just my opinion. And he jumped at me asking me to backup my claim like I was being on a judge lol. I didnt even know it was him talking to me (he used a different nickname there). He was already bullshitting people stating he KNEW it was fake. 

He would say and do anything for his hoard to maintain it's value. It's the only thing that jobber has that makes him feel important. He says it's such a burden being "the Chinese Democracy guy", but he takes every chance to log onto whatever message board will still have him to lord it over the fans.

Money in escrow, motherfucker.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I wasted about 70 hours 5 years ago cleaning that clip up, altering Eq, stretching it, pulling it this way and that trying to hear the lyrics ( and convinced myself I had lol) never heard tonto mentioned though.

Heard enough to make me want the full tune though

there are a lot of songs from the Chinese democracy era which don’t actually include the title of the song anywhere in the lyrics & its quite an obscure reference for a song so I bet Tonto isn’t even mentioned in the song called Tonto let alone mentioned in The General  

39 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

He would say and do anything for his hoard to maintain it's value. It's the only thing that jobber has that makes him feel important. He says it's such a burden being "the Chinese Democracy guy", but he takes every chance to log onto whatever message board will still have him to lord it over the fans.

Money in escrow, motherfucker.

To me hoarding is quite a bizarre thing to do although I’ll admit I don’t know much about what goes on “behind closed doors” with this sort of stuff.

If the band or label decided to release any of this, or if it leaks out somehow (for example a master CD appearing on eBay by random like this all has) it’d be worthless to any hoarders.  

And if no one knows it exists because it’s been hoarded away then it’s worthless because there’d be no one interested. As soon as you sell it to someone else it loses all value because they could just immediately leak it to every one else.

Surely there’s only a very limited number of super fans prepared to pay any significant money for unreleased material

55 minutes ago, dave94 said:

there are a lot of songs from the Chinese democracy era which don’t actually include the title of the song anywhere in the lyrics & its quite an obscure reference for a song so I bet Tonto isn’t even mentioned in the song called Tonto let alone mentioned in The General  

Which ones? Almost the entire album's titles are in the songs ...

31 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Which ones? Almost the entire album's titles are in the songs ...

CD, Shackler’s, Scraped, Madagascar, and TIL are the only songs on the album that do not contain the title as a lyric. If you count leaks, add Atlas Shrugged, Silkworms, and State Of Grace to that list. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

CD, Shackler’s, Scraped, Madagascar, and TIL are the only songs on the album that do not contain the title as a lyric. If you count leaks, add Atlas Shrugged, Silkworms, and State Of Grace to that list. 

Point stands, just a few not a lot, especially considering we still haven't heard nearly half of the "era"