RussTCB

CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

32 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Could be and Thyme could be an instrumental section? 

But we don't know what songs where due to be on the 2010 CD that Pitman has.

The General would be on there I would say 

The General is also known as Tonto and is in that list, number 13. 

Just now, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Oh what since when was Tonto the same as The General?

1 minute ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

The General has ever been connected with Tonto as both being the same or one being a working demo of the other

Edited by WhazUp

2 minutes ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Who said the General was Tonto???????

Just now, WhazUp said:

I don't believe The General has ever been connected with Tonto

the lyrics in the general, you can clearly hear axl twice saying the word Tonto, so id say that it was known as that at one stage, aka - hardschool/checkmate

Engel and Engel are an accounting service, and that looks like a fax header on there..   anyone tried the number?  someone print the doc, and fax it back, asking for the rest of the pages! :lol:

Edited by 77Jesters
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, 77Jesters said:

Engel and Engel are an accounting service, and that looks like a fax header on there..   anyone tried the number?  someone print the doc, and fax it back, asking for the rest of the pages! :lol:

haha yes good thinking mate

21 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

Of course the other Songs, that made it on CD, plus  THE GENERAL and some others... 

Joking? Genuine or not, this is a legal document and I find it difficult to come up with a good explanation for why Exhibit A would also be a list of songs. If the purpose of the agreement is to regulate some legal aspect of new GN'R songs, then you would also expect the Exhibit sections to come in the order they are mentioned in the main section of the document, which makes it implausible that there would be another list of songs, presumably not mastered yet, in Exhibit A. 

6 minutes ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

the lyrics in the general, you can clearly hear axl twice saying the word Tonto, so id say that it was known as that at one stage, aka - hardschool/checkmate

The General has never been leaked for us to hear besides the cell phone recording, just a fan-made interpretation of it based on that low quality cell phone recording that is hard to make out, that I think you are referring to here?

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Clearly?

The word clearly should never be used in the same context as that cellphone recording. Nothing about it is even remotely clear.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

Lastly, the Exhibit seems to be complete based on the amount of blank page at the bottom, so I don't think there is a second page to it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Lastly, the Exhibit seems to be complete based on the amount of blank page at the bottom, so I don't think there is a second page to it. 

Yeah, i noticed that too... Plus, the list starts with "1"... But: i don't get the point of not listing the remaining CD Songs... 

ahh either way, everything is such a gosh darn MYSTERY with trying to get new music--it is like AREA 51 with all of this stuff about these songs--most which will never hear it seems barring a miracle. This is so crazy already--all of this racket in trying to hear songs...its unbelievable.

No fans of any group expect here/GNR go thru this

Edited by STPGNR4EVER
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

Yeah, i noticed that too... Plus, the list starts with "1"... But: i don't get the point of not listing the remaining CD Songs... 

Perhaps simply because at the time this document was prepared, the remaining songs had not been mastered yet? 

Edited by SoulMonster

24 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The title of the list is Subject Masters, so I think that is a fair assumption. 

But I don't see why the three missing songs must have been mastered at this time. 

I would think it means "master recordings" or "master tapes" as its more commonly phrased. Those being, for example, what many artists lost in the Universal fire. Individual tracks arent generally mastered - the album, in play order, is mastered as a whole. Master Recordings arent mastered - thats why they are used to remaster albums. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Perhaps simply because at the time this document was prepared, the remaining songs had not been mastered yet? 

Maybe... 

1 minute ago, soon said:

I would think it means "master recordings" or "master tapes" as its more commonly phrased. Those being, for example, what many artists lost in the Universal fire. Individual tracks arent generally mastered - the album, in play order, is mastered as a whole. Master Recordings arent mastered - thats why they are used to remaster albums. 

Yeah that could be it. 

14 minutes ago, 77Jesters said:

It says "Interscope Legal." A few pages back in this thread it was mentioned that it could be Don Engel, who was one of the biggest lawyers in the entertainment industry and represented Interscope, among many others.

Don Engel, the founder of Engel & Engel became famous for helping artists get out of their contracts. Just saying. Not that it is likely Don was the lawyer from Engel & Engel working with GN'R here, he was pretty old in the 2000s and perhaps retired. 

37 minutes ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

What Lyrics that sound clip is fucking awful I can't make out a single word.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Don Engel, the founder of Engel & Engel became famous for helping artists get out of their contracts. Just saying. Not that it is likely Don was the lawyer from Engel & Engel working with GN'R here, he was pretty old in the 2000s and perhaps retired. 

He was active at least until the early 00s:

https://tinyurl.com/yy2pcybh

https://tinyurl.com/yyda9lgv

If it's him in the document, he likely represented Interscope, not GnR.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He was active at least until the early 00s:

https://tinyurl.com/yy2pcybh

https://tinyurl.com/yyda9lgv

If it's him in the document, he likely represented Interscope, not GnR.

Could also be that "Engel & Engel" is the sender and "Interscope legal" the recipient, or vice versa? It been quite many years since my faxing days. 

Edited by SoulMonster

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Could also be that "Engel & Engel" is the sender and "Interscope legal" the recipient, or vice versa? It been quite many years since my faxing days. 

Could be, I guess. I don't remember what a fax looks like either.

We wouldn't need to make all these guesses if the original poster of it had given us a clue...

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Could be, I guess. I don't remember what a fax looks like either.

We wouldn't need to make all these guesses if the original poster of it had given us a clue...

But if Engel & Engel at one time represented Interscope it is unlikely they would "switch sides". Lawyer firms don't do that, do they? 

And yeah, again we are left to hypothesise and speculate. Fun but unfulfilling. I am not even convinced it is real. 

Edited by SoulMonster