2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

20 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

What exactly makes you believing in further leaks? 

Just hearing the remaining tracks (Quick Song, Eye On You, and a Tommy song with Axl also on vocals) are currently being traded recklessly so I imagine it's just a matter of time, hopefully sooner than later.

Edited by sofine11

35 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Just hearing the remaining tracks (Quick Song, Eye On You, and a Tommy song with Axl also on vocals) are currently being traded recklessly so I imagine it's just a matter of time, hopefully sooner than later.

How do I get in on this trading action? How much does each song cost?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Would anyone be surprised that MSL is posing as Fernando to scare Rick out of leaking more tracks

MSL supposedly sent death threats to whoever leaked House of Blues in 2018

There was a guy ON THIS VERY FORUM posing as Fernando for years and I'm not sure if he was ever banned - I'll go back and try to find the account

And how do you know the guy posing as Fernando for years was not actually Fernando posing as some guy posing as Fernando ALL ALONG? TB can be downright diabolical in their cunning.

• Haha 1

I’m just a guy who has been a fan of GnR, and especially Axl and his rants and all things, my entire life. GnR helped me through some rough times in the 90’s. In 2005/06 I remember scoring the leaks from before Chinese Democracy came out, and feeling like it was the greatest thing ever, singing Madagascar in the front row when Axl was in Calgary and him catching my eye and afterwards making a comment about “downloaders in the audience.” What a great show. 

I gotta say, the hunt for the leaks this time has been challenging, and fun, and man am I glad to hear them. So, to anyone that has been talking about them and clueing us regular fans in to what’s out there, a huge thank you! 

Edited by tdtorrents
Didn’t like the opening sentence.
  • Like 2

Not funny, Im working in slow motion since days because of those leaks, lurking here and there, turning into some kind of a stalker, having work to catch up is not cool, at all
I completely forgot how it feels like to listen something new from your favorite band, well "new"

• Like 1

The last few weeks have really made me re-fall in love with Chinese Democracy. I recently listened to the final album through again, and while I do love it, after the recent leaks the tracks in my opinion sound almost bloated. I had a bit of a long drive to get some car parts today and listened to the leaks and my version of Chinese Democracy 2000 right through. Sure the audio quality isn't perfect, but the songs absolutely sound a lot better without the layers upon layers of tracks on them. Like I explained to my wife when they first came out, I feel it makes it sound more like a band and less of a project. I can absolutely admire that whenever someone new would come into the band, Axl wanted them to be featured on the album. But with the revolving door at times it just got to be too much by the end. 

I'll spend the rest of my life wondering what could have been had Axl released Chinese in 2000. That was such a talented band. Will say though, Buckethead was absolutely needed on those tracks. TWAT solo alone was more than worth having him on board. He brought so much to the band and really enhanced those tracks. 

If this really is the end of the run for leaks for the foreseeable future, damn what a run its been. I spent a week in South Dakota without cell data and I'm honestly amazed I was able to keep up with it all haha. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

State of Grace is the best song to come from these leaks. 

I think Perhaps is the best, but Atlas and SOG have the most potential. In fact, i think Atlas would be the biggest hit song out of all of these if reworked properly. It suits with the pop/rock style of today's industry.

• GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

For me,

1. Perhaps

2. State of Grace

3. Hard School

4. Atlas Shrugged

5. Eye on You

Pretty amazing we have half an album of unreleased tracks

I wasn't too excited about the idea of them redoing some of these songs with Slash and Duff and putting them on a new album...alongside with new material....but now that I've heard them, I'd be all for it.  And I'd rank them pretty much the same way you do.  (Haven't heard Eye on You yet though) 

I really don’t like any of the leaks. Most fans have been so desperate for new music for over a decade and I think that clouds judgement. Or, you’re such a big fan of Axl that he can put anything out and you’ll love it. 

But this type of music has flop written all over it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

I really don’t like any of the leaks. Most fans have been so desperate for new music for over a decade and I think that clouds judgement. Or, you’re such a big fan of Axl that he can put anything out and you’ll love it. 

You can be a starved Gn'R fan without it clouding your judgment. It's always good to hear Axl's voice on a tune but if it sucks, it sucks. I think the vast majority of fans here are perfectly capable of judging the leaks based solely on their artistic merit.

Axl has invented a new sub genre (Flop Rock) which is commendable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Not every GnR fan is the same.

I absolutely loved Nine Inch Nails's Pretty Hate Machine and I like Marilyn Manson's music too.

So it's not a far stretch for me to like a song like State Of Grace for example.

Tidbit that people may not know: Slash liked NIN (although I guess he wouldn't write something like that himself and likely wouldn't want to work on something like that for GnR - at least then):

-----

What are you listening to at the moment?

Slash: "Nine Inch Nails, Alice In Chains." [Kerrang, May 16, 1992]

------

What kind of music do you listen to now?

Slash: All kinds of music ... Do you mean what I have in my car? I have my record, to make sure it still sounds good (laughs). I have the latest from the Stones, the Offspring, a new live album by Hendrix. I still listen to Soundgarden and Alice In Chains. Regardless of the problems Axl had with Kurt, Nirvana still sounds like a great band. Then there's that new band called Weezer, that just came out. And my old Led Zeppelin records - I haven’t changed too much over the years. I also listen to "Pretty Hate Machine" by Nine Inch Nails, I love that band. [Popular 1, 1995]

------

But I also don't think Axl wanted to do an industrial sounding GnR album in the mid-90s when Slash was still in the band, he only wanted that for a solo project. He explored that sound more in the early NuGnR era, but even then none of his songs really sounds like NIN, imo. State of Grace is the song closer to it, but still, if you remove the intro and the "bleeps", I think it's something that Slash could totally work on.

• Like 1