2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

A thing about these songs (the ones with vocals, I mean) is that they're catchy, as opposed to most of CD. Even Eye On You, I listened to it twice and, although I don't like it, it's stuck in my head. 

Atlas is the least "catchy" one. But I think it's the song that, with some work and changes in the arrangement, has the most potential to be on par with the UYI epics. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Thought it was rubbish, albeit I haven't listened to the version that leaked yesterday (it is on my computer).

It's a lot clearer, sounds better but still think it's missing something given how cool the opening is imo.

I basically have 3 different CD playlists now:

CD1
1. Chinese Democracy (w/ Josh Freeese)
2. Oh My God (End Of Days version)
3. Shackler's Revenge (album version)
4. Better (album version)
5. Jackie Chan
6. State of Grace
7. Perhaps
8. Rhiad (w/ Josh Freese)
9. Scraped
10. IRS (2006 leak)

CD2
1. TWAT (Antiquiet version)
2. Atlas Shrugged (most recent leak)
3. Madagascar (RTB mix)
4. The Blues (most recent leak)
5. If The World (album version)
6. Catcher In The Rye (w/ Brian May)
7. Going Down (2013 leak)
8. Sorry
9. This I Love
10. Prostitute (Antiquiet version)

Remix album
1. This I Love (Remix)
2. Eye On You
3. Shackler's Revenge (Remix)
4. Ballad Of Death
5. Silkworms (most recent leak)
6. If The World (Remix)
7. Mi Amor
8. Blood In The Water
9. Going Down (1999)
10. Better (Acoustic)
11. Knockin' On Heavens Door (Acoustic) (Bonus track)

How about you guys?

:devilshades::axl:

• Like 3

Once all the leaks are done, then I'll put together a CD boxset type of thing kind of like the LAL AFD tracklisting. Do a digital Analog remaster on the CD album, Disc 2 the remixes + Oh My God & Going Down with 3 or 4 House of Blues tracks remastered, then 3rd disc of the CD demo leaks around 10 tracks, then Disc 4 of all the unreleased "new" songs. So far looking at 30 unreleased songs + CD & Oh My God, so grand total of 45 track boxset.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I basically have 3 different CD playlists now:

CD1
1. Chinese Democracy (w/ Josh Freeese)
2. Oh My God (End Of Days version)
3. Shackler's Revenge (album version)
4. Better (album version)
5. Jackie Chan
6. State of Grace
7. Perhaps
8. Rhiad (w/ Josh Freese)
9. Scraped
10. IRS (2006 leak)

CD2
1. TWAT (Antiquiet version)
2. Atlas Shrugged (most recent leak)
3. Madagascar (RTB mix)
4. The Blues (most recent leak)
5. If The World (album version)
6. Catcher In The Rye (w/ Brian May)
7. Going Down (2013 leak)
8. Sorry
9. This I Love
10. Prostitute (Antiquiet version)

Remix album
1. This I Love (Remix)
2. Eye On You
3. Shackler's Revenge (Remix)
4. Ballad Of Death
5. Silkworms (most recent leak)
6. If The World (Remix)
7. Mi Amor
8. Blood In The Water
9. Going Down (1999)
10. Better (Acoustic)
11. Knockin' On Heavens Door (Acoustic) (Bonus track)

How about you guys?

:devilshades::axl:

I know I’ve already posted my playlists thousands of times so you probably don’t wanna hear from me, but here it goes anyways:

ChiDem Demos

1.CD (MSL) 2.Better (MSL) 3.Madagascar (MSL) 4.SoD (MSL) 5.OMG (Single Version) 6.Silkworms (Evader) 7.IRS (1999) 8.Catcher (1999) 9.ITW (Antiquiet) 10.Riad (Antiquiet) 11.Prostitute (Antiquiet) 12.TWAT (Antiquiet)

ChiDem Remixes

1.Mi Amor 2.Better (Acoustic) 3.ITW (Brain) 4.Shackler’s (Brain) 5.Prostitute (Brain) 6.TIL (Brain) 7.La Bella Vita 8.SoD (2001) 9.OMG (Bumble) 10.Going Down (Bumble) 11.Silkworms (Bumble) 12.Better (Ashba) 13.The Ballad of Death

2000 Intentions

1.CD (w/Josh) 2.IRS (2000) 3.SoD (2000) 4.TWAT (2000) 5.Catcher (2000) 6.Atlas (Drums Up) 7.Riad (w/Josh) 8.Going Down (Tommy Only) 9.Better (Instrumental) 10.Prostitute (Version 2)

ChiDem 2

1.Hardschool 2.Atlas (Newer Mix) 3.Perhaps 4.SoG 5.Silkworms (2000) 6.The General (Evader) 7.Going Down (2002) 8.Quick Song 9.Eye On You 10.Zodiac 11.KOHD Acoustic 12.As It Began

for what it’s worth I also just made this for myself:

Classic Rarities

1.SCOM (Pasha) 2.Nightrain (Pasha) 3.Brownstone (Pasha) 4.Dont Cry (Pasha) 5.Jungle (Pasha) 6.Jumping Jack (Pasha) 7.Heartbreak Hotel (Pasha) 8.Brownstone (Alternate Mix) 9.OIAM (Demo) 10.Dont Damn Me (Demo) 11.Civil War (Demo) 12.Estranged (Piano-Only Demo) 13.Aint Goin Down (w/vocals) 14.SCOM (Big Daddy Version)

all of this along with the six official studio albums, Live Era, Locked N’ Loaded, and The Rumbo Tapes pretty much gives me everything I want from all the different eras!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, CCudder said:

What’s the difference from the Antiquiet version leaks and the official album release?

CD - No high pitch vocals in the verses or fretless guitar from Bumble in the verses, and different drums (Brain instead of Frank).

Better - Different drums (Brain instead of Frank), “bell” noises in bridge, and no Bumble fretless guitar in the breakdown.

SoD - Only acoustic guitar playing alongside the piano in the intro (no electric guitars or orchestra), no ending solo from Fortus, and the last few vocal lines from Axl are just gibberish.

ITW - No acoustic guitar in the intro, no AM effect in the bridge, no rhythm guitar from Bumble, and different drums (Brain instead of Frank).

TWAT - Louder bass... MUCH louder!

Riad - Bucket/Finck solo instead of Bumble, short bass-only intro, and some different vocal lines towards the end.

IRS - No rhythm guitar from Bumble.

Madagascar - Don’t hear any difference on this one.

Prostitute - Shorter outro.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CCudder said:

What’s the difference from the Antiquiet version leaks and the official album release?

Riad has a different solo, CD and If The World have less guitars, the synth is more prominent in Better, but mostly they're just different mixes that don't have Bumblefoot or Frank. One less vocal track on CD too I think.

The Antiquiet demos of There Was A Time and Prostitute are still the best versions of the songs we've got, IMO. Way better than the album versions.

10 minutes ago, CCudder said:

There is no Bumblefoot or Frank Ferrer on the Antiquiet leaks which I think are the best mixes. Wish they had released the album from them mixes, maybe we will get the rest of the songs from them mixes someday.  

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

CD - No high pitch vocals in the verses or fretless guitar from Bumble in the verses, and different drums (Brain instead of Frank).

Better - Different drums (Brain instead of Frank), “bell” noises in bridge, and no Bumble fretless guitar in the breakdown.

SoD - Only acoustic guitar playing alongside the piano in the intro (no electric guitars or orchestra), no ending solo from Fortus, and the last few vocal lines from Axl are just gibberish.

ITW - No acoustic guitar in the intro, no AM effect in the bridge, no rhythm guitar from Bumble, and different drums (Brain instead of Frank).

TWAT - Louder bass... MUCH louder!

Riad - Bucket/Finck solo instead of Bumble, short bass-only intro, and some different vocal lines towards the end.

IRS - No rhythm guitar from Bumble.

Madagascar - Don’t hear any difference on this one.

Prostitute - Shorter outro.

Thanks for the breakdowns! I will have to dive in to them closer.

I would love to hear a different vocal take on Madagascar. I hope that exists. 

Apparently the 2010 album is "in play" meaning we may hear proper finished stuff soon. 

Also, on a big non-Guns board someone has kindly put together a gimmick of all 79 leaks from Boston Promo 2002 through Zodiac with each track dated and sourced. Very cool. 

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Apparently the 2010 album is "in play" meaning we may hear proper finished stuff soon. 

Also, on a big non-Guns board someone has kindly put together a gimmick of all 79 leaks from Boston Promo 2002 through Zodiac. 

The 79 leaks is cool. Just found the link.

I call BS on the 2010 album. It's just a rumour. No proof of anyone having it. 

Edited by DarkLotus1111

3 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

The 79 leaks is cool. Just found the link.

I call BS on the 2010 album. It's just a rumour. No proof of anyone having it. 

I've no idea. The person saying it is always honest and totally owns anything they get wrong. They've been very on the money so far as to stuff dropping.