2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

8 hours ago, Ratam said:

Me too, i just listening seconds the snippets of Atlas, no more that it.

I can definetly understand wanting to hear tiny snippets of it. We all just really want new music and most listen for that reason.

I am a writer and I think about the many notebooks of unpublished work I have. A friend once asked why I have not published them as I have published books. I had various reasons for why. Some were not finished, for example.

There could be so many reasons why an artist does not publish their work. In some ways writing can self heal too for some. There is so much that has changed in his life since some of the songs were written maybe they are things he wanted to get down or record at one time but due to changes in his life no longer feels the song has a place on a record for the public, if that makes sense.

One common factor when artists pass away is how much music they leave behind. I always felt sometimes it was wrong to release songs an artist had no intentions of releasing. Like a poet they may write some of their feelings or fears down as a way to get it out but it does not mean they want the public to hear it. Or maybe they thought they wanted to share it but decided not to. Many families make the mistake of going against the artists wishes and releasing it anyway.

So I stand at my crossroads here wanting new music and living through you all here🤣 I hope some of these get actual releases soon.

This reminds me of an interview I once read of an artist who wrote a deep dark song about drug use. Unfortunately he regretted releasing it later wished he would have just kept it to himself he said. 

So many leaks. I do not hear if this type of thing much with other bands I listen to. 

• Like 2

Here's my list of all CD-era songs in order of preference:

1. Better (a perfect song in many ways)

2. Chinese Democracy (I wish CD had more of this type of rockers)

3. This I Love (Beautiful song)

4. Prostitute (Has grown on me the most out of all CD-era songs)

5. There Was A Time (Perhaps the most interesting CD-era song structure-wise)

6. Oh My God (I'd love to have an album full of industrial Axl songs)

7. Shackler's Revenge (The best song to listen to when I'm angry)

8. Catcher In The Rye (Like with most of these songs, I actually prefer the album version)

9. Hard School (Best chorus and best verses of all CD-era songs. The rest should be reworked and this could be one of the best GNR songs ever)

10. Sorry (Nice song when I'm on angsty mood)

11. Atlas Shrugged (Love the Baba O Riley type sounds, the beautiful melodies and the lyrics. Honestly I think this song would need a little bit of what some people would call overproduction, and this would be one of the best CD-era songs.)

12. I.R.S (Great riff and especially the angry vocals on this one are cool)

13. Street Of Dreams (Beautiful melodies, but for some reason I keep forgetting that the song even exists. It just doesn't grab me like some other songs do.)

14. Riad N The Bedouins (Underrated song. The energy of the song is sick)

15. Perhaps (unusual lyrics for Axl and I mean that in a good way)

16. Silkworms (Not a fan of the live version or the recent leak, but the remix album version is probably the most energetic GNR song ever and I love it. Perfect for Prodigy fans)

17. Going Down (Axl's vocals bring this song to another level)

18. Madagascar (Epic)

19. As It Begins (Very beautiful and the dolphin sounds give the song a lot of personality. The final version has potential to be amazing)

20. Zodiac (This has potential to be super cool)

21. Quick Song (A lot of potential here too)

22. Scraped (Fun but forgettable little ditty)

23. State Of Grace (This reminds me of what it might be like if Axl was a normal artist who releases music on a steady basis. We might get a lot of these kind of slightly fillerish, but cool songs.)

24. If The World (Still not a big fan of this one, but I can appreciate some aspects of it)

25. Eye On You (I don't like it but then again it's just a demo. If it's heavily reworked it might end up being a great song)

Didn't include KOHD or the remixes here.

Edited by Lies They Tell

2 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

I can definetly understand wanting to hear tiny snippets of it. We all just really want new music and most listen for that reason.

I am a writer and I think about the many notebooks of unpublished work I have. A friend once asked why I have not published them as I have published books. I had various reasons for why. Some were not finished, for example.

There could be so many reasons why an artist does not publish their work. In some ways writing can self heal too for some. There is so much that has changed in his life since some of the songs were written maybe they are things he wanted to get down or record at one time but due to changes in his life no longer feels the song has a place on a record for the public, if that makes sense.

One common factor when artists pass away is how much music they leave behind. I always felt sometimes it was wrong to release songs an artist had no intentions of releasing. Like a poet they may write some of their feelings or fears down as a way to get it out but it does not mean they want the public to hear it. Or maybe they thought they wanted to share it but decided not to. Many families make the mistake of going against the artists wishes and releasing it anyway.

So I stand at my crossroads here wanting new music and living through you all here🤣 I hope some of these get actual releases soon.

This reminds me of an interview I once read of an artist who wrote a deep dark song about drug use. Unfortunately he regretted releasing it later wished he would have just kept it to himself he said. 

So many leaks. I do not hear if this type of thing much with other bands I listen to. 

Agree enough, i prefer listening when songs are finished,  demos isn't my thing. Sadly in cases of family going against the artists wishes play much the business part.

So if Hard School is on the playlist allegedly, that begs a certain question.

I mean, either:

The band/TB was behind the leaks.

Or the leaker is close to the band and knew what they’d been rehearsing.

(Or the band got inspired by the leaks and chose one, but that's quite improbable, isn't it?) 

If the playlist pic is legit, there’s no way it could be just a coincidence.

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

I mean, either:

Or the leaker is close to the band and knew what they’d been rehearsing.

(Or the band got inspired by the leaks and chose one, but that's quite improbable, isn't it?) 

If the playlist pic is legit, there’s no way it could be just a coincidence.

How is the last one improbable? They did the same thing in 2006. When the songs leaked, they played them. They didn't play CD material that hadn't leaked yet. Only songs that had leaked.

Likewise it would be understandable if they decided to play leaked songs now. Why not cause the fans have already heard them anyway.

But it remains to be seen if they even play Hard School. Wouldn't be surprised if the setlist was fake and all the talk about HS being rehearsed was bullshit aswell.

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

How is the last one improbable? They did the same thing in 2006. When the songs leaked, they played them. They didn't play CD material that hadn't leaked yet. Only songs that had leaked.

Likewise it would be understandable if they decided to play leaked songs now. Why not cause the fans have already heard them anyway.

But it remains to be seen if they even play Hard School. Wouldn't be surprised if the setlist was fake and all the talk about HS being rehearsed was bullshit aswell.

True, but we don't know whether they weren't gonna play Better and TWAT etc. regardless. Considering the other CD songs had already been known at that point (played since 2001), maybe they would have played Better etc. anyway, wanting to introduce something new. 

As for HS, yeah, it could be bullshit. Let's hope it's not. 

Edited by jamillos

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

I mean, either:

Whats the point on the leaks of Tommy demos and others?

I dont think TB is behind the leaks this time.

But 2006 it was someone from GNR

6 hours ago, Finck2006 said:

Whats the point on the leaks of Tommy demos and others?

I dont think TB is behind the leaks this time.

But 2006 it was someone from GNR

I don't know, but why not? Now that they've been leaking shit, why keep the rest in the drawer, when the main tunes are already out anyway? Just for the hype maybe. Or to get it out there, because whatever the mix will be on the new album, it can't be strictly CDII material, as the guys been working on their own new stuff, so maybe they just want the world to hear all the songs that wouldn't otherwise ever get released, idk. 

Edited by jamillos

It's more likely that they were working on some unreleased CD material that were a part of the 1999-2001 sample. In this instance, they were probably reworking Hardschool and have since included it on the alt. setlist now that its earlier version has leaked.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

17 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Agreed, in my opinion anything regarding that fax, the 2010 album, or the "21st disk" with Dragon w/vocals on it, are all made up

Yep. Rick lied about Pitman selling the 2010 album to troll MSL and word on the street is that he also lied about Dragon and the mythical '21st disc'. The reason why there's 'another disc full of songs no one is talking about' it because it doesn't fucking exist.

All these hoarders are playing games and bitching at each other like schoolgirls. Either leak it all or stfu. It's pathetic.

• Like 1

I remember over 10 years ago on the old, and now gone CD.com forum, a user there posted he was at some party where someone played Better, and another unknown song (this was before Chinese Democracy was released, but after we had a few leaked versions of Better if I recall correctly) He was able to record a few seconds of the other song, he described it as a James Bond movie sounding song, with prominent Buckethead parts. In the clip he shared I recall hearing Axl ending a line with something like "one time" then you can hear some instrumental bits, that were fitting for a GN'R tune of the CD era. This was a time when cell phones were less than ideal for recording.

The user said he talked to the guy who was playing songs for the party, through a laptop. The guy who had the songs with a smile said something like: "Cool songs huh?!" but he wouldn't share them with the guy, he definitely knew what he had and their value or scarcity. Posts in that thread by other members tried to prompt the OP who was at the party to get back in touch with the guy with the laptop, to steal it, etc. and other less that stellar plans on getting that song from him.

Anyways, I have yet to hear anything sounding like this clip in the latest batch of leaks, which does make some sense if it is legit as it was a Bucket era song, and most of the material from the "locker" doesn't have Bucket, especially with vocals. We do have titles of a number of tracks not in the locker leaks, so it may be in there still. Time will tell! 

• Like 1