2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

6 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Not gonna lie, the song i've had on repeat the most lately is Eye on You. It's just so goddamn catchy. Axl should do a solo album of shit like this.

That would actually be a good way of getting this more diverse stuff out there officially.

9 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Not gonna lie, the song i've had on repeat the most lately is Eye on You. It's just so goddamn catchy. Axl should do a solo album of shit like this.

The chorus or whatever you wan't to call it is really good, I love it, and I hope we will get to hear a more finalized version of it someday. 

So while I understand it’s possible that TB theoretically may have asked big media like the Rolling Stone not to report anything on the leaks, I still don’t get how come the smaller rags like Blabbermouth or even TMZ haven’t jumped at that opportunity yet. Does TB have such huge influence or what’s the deal here? 

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

So while I understand it’s possible that TB theoretically may have asked big media like the Rolling Stone not to report anything on the leaks, I still don’t get how come the smaller rags like Blabbermouth or even TMZ haven’t jumped at that opportunity yet. Does TB have such huge influence or what’s the deal here? 

Nobody outside of us gives a rats ass?

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The sad answer is nobody cares but us

I dont care though, give me Zodiac with lyrics!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

No, it's not possible. Again: if the management team of ANY band try to do this, this become the news to report. 

If Rolling Stone thinks they’ll get access in the future that’s why they’d hold off. Same with any other sites. That includes speaking with Slash/Duff....

As far as other sites not reporting, I don’t think these songs from that era moves the needle. Especially 1 song/clips at a time. Now if 10-12 songs come at once that’s enough to talk about. A lost GNR album holds more weight than 5 clickbait articles about a 20 yr old demo. 

If anything it should show the hoarders that these songs aren’t worth as much as they thought in the past outside of the community and maybe the lack of response is a reason some of this stuff continues to come out as the demand/buyers aren’t really there. They will continue to decrease as Slash/Duff are involved. Especially if they are working on these songs. They need to cash in and divest 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, jamillos said:

So while I understand it’s possible that TB theoretically may have asked big media like the Rolling Stone not to report anything on the leaks

That does seem like an awful lot of work though. So I can't realistically see them bothering to do so. 

8 hours ago, dadud said:

aN3NolI.png

linernotes from TWAT brian drums remix. he was awnsering questions in the notes he put in the original zips.

This is the dream. 

7 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

If Rolling Stone thinks they’ll get access in the future that’s why they’d hold off. Same with any other sites. That includes speaking with Slash/Duff....

That's not how journalism work. I can't speak for small blogs and youtubers that can be sold with a couple of GNR trucks toys, but the big outlets wouldn't not report something because of a promise to have more access to the source. It's not worthy to damage the reputation, and it's not worthy to not report with the risk of others getting the "scoop". 

Sure, outlets like Rolling Stone and Billboard are mostly corporate journalism with the usual press-release based news. But when bad shit happens - like a riot, or cancellation - they always report. Why wouldn't they do the same with the leaks, if considered newsworthy?