2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

I gotta be honest, I'm not all that excited about the demos of the officially released songs anymore. It's cool to hear the different take once or twice, not so much after that. IRS is the only exception, that song was killed from over production and the '99 version should have been on the album.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 2

Of all the leaks, I give an A to Atlas, Checkmate/Jackie Chan/Hard School, and Me and My Elvis. Get Slash on Checkmate immediately and have him lay down a killer solo like something from Ain't Life Grand. Elvis has a ton of potential, especially the riff that plays after the two piano breaks in the song. I love that riff and Slash could really add something great to this song. Atlas is absolutely a brilliant song and with Slash will sound even better. These three should definitely make it on the next album. 

Going Down could be great too, but the only way I see that is if you get Izzy on lead vocals. It's exactly like something he would write. Maybe he did write it especially for Axl?

The rough mixes version of The Blues is what should have been on the album. It still has those nice little guitar fills (do do do do) that really add something beautiful to the song.

The rest range from either good to pointless. Honestly I can see now why various producers told Axl he only had 2 or 3 good songs ready to go.

Edited by SlashisGOD