2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

3 hours ago, Creed said:

the only weird thing is that it took that long to get leaked. its so difficult to hide such material in our digital age. some employees at universal/interscope had this stuff for years. 

Right? Lots of people of all levels of seniority would have access to this. 

It's just another chapter in the bizarre story of this album - this stuff now gets leaked because of an unpaid tab on a locker.

I have heard of Atlas being a song BBF was on, but I didn't know it leaked. WTF is this Zodiac and Quicksong  stuff people are talking about? Hopefully they are not new recordings being leaked.  I really can't give an opinion these because I have no knowledge. Are they good rock songs or are they Chinese Democracy experimental type of songs?

3 minutes ago, Billly B said:

I have heard of Atlas being a song BBF was on, but I didn't know it leaked. WTF is this Zodiac and Quicksong  stuff people are talking about? Hopefully they are not new recordings being leaked.  I really can't give an opinion these because I have no knowledge. Are they good rock songs or are they Chinese Democracy experimental type of songs?

Theyre good rock songs!

Idk about you guys, but I’m ready for the rest of the locker discs to leak so that I can go back to my normal life and stop checking this forum like a crazy maniac.

As far as actual new stuff goes, I think the only discs missing now are Rough Mixes 2-4, the Quick Song CD, and the Rebel CD. Let’s hope those all leak soon!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Idk about you guys, but I’m ready for the rest of the locker discs to leak so that I can go back to my normal life and stop checking this forum like a crazy maniac.

As far as actual new stuff goes, I think the only discs missing now are Rough Mixes 2-4, the Quick Song CD, and the Rebel CD. Let’s hope those all leak soon!

My "normal life" is obsessing over GNR like a crazy maniac .... :wow:

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

My "normal life" is obsessing over GNR like a crazy maniac .... :wow:

Oh no! :lol:

I think it’s getting to a point where I can’t group these tracks into separate “albums” anymore. Too many versions of each song are leaking now and it’s hard to pick and choose between them all, so I’m thinking of listing everything now as one big fictional “box set,” so to speak.

Question is, should I also throw the remixes on there? Or keep those listed separately?

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Oh no! :lol:

I think it’s getting to a point where I can’t group these tracks into separate “albums” anymore. Too many versions of each song are leaking now and it’s hard to pick and choose between them all, so I’m thinking of listing everything now as one big fictional “box set,” so to speak.

Question is, should I also throw the remixes on there? Or keep those listed separately?

Unless you want a version with drums ambience on, and with mono room off :P

hey guys...I've got a question about a old version of the song CD (not a recent leak) if anyone could please help me out with info.

1. it goes for 03:41

2. instead of the intro before the opening riff, it just goes straight into the song.....then has a short outro at the end of the song instead of at the start.

3. I'm not 100% sure....but I believe it's a different recording (at least maybe particially?) to the versions from all the recent leaks.

4. I don't know if it's been mastered or not....but it's a lot louder then anything from the recent leaks.

5. I don't believe I've seen it on people's lists, etc on the net.

6. I've had it for a long time (no idea how long) and I don't remember where or how I got it.

does anyone else have this version and know what i'm talking about? if so does anyone know what year, session, etc it's from?

cheers!

I've listened to so many different versions of TWAT so many times now, and I still can't tell the difference betwen standard TWAT mix and TWAT drum remix with snare sample from Silkworms ambience down with mono room.

I'VE NEVER BEEN SO DISAPPOINTED!

Where are the maggots? The syphillitic priestess? The parasitic semen?

TWAT full of maggots, isn't that... well, not very noticeable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apologies if this is just the stupidest question ever, but where does The General land in all of this? Later sessions? Starting to feel that's going to be the final big gun so to say, but if it's not on these discs who knows when that could make its appearance. 

13 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Apologies if this is just the stupidest question ever, but where does The General land in all of this? Later sessions? Starting to feel that's going to be the final big gun so to say, but if it's not on these discs who knows when that could make its appearance. 

Axl told Baz The General was meant to be on the second or third album, so it's very possible he didn't record vocals for it until later

Seemed like it was done by 2010 if you go by that party recording - Baz said in 2007 that he had heard Axl's vocals for it, so I would guess Axl recorded them in 2006-2007

But it's still very possible it's on the Rough Mixes discs under a different name as an instrumental

31 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Trying to use only the (to you) best stuff for one alternative "Chinese Intentions" album is another way to handle all of this.

Yeah once everything's out I want to make a "What is the best version of each song?" thread so we can bicker about that

Edited by TheSeeker
  • Like 2