2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

I wonder whether the leakers have all these new songs with vocals, too. So far, we’ve got almost everything from the image of the cd covers, but just 5 new songs with Axl. 
If they have cd 2 and 4 without vocals like cd 3, that would be a major bummer. I mean, I’m grateful and everything, but without Axl, it’s just a bunch of guys playing some weird electronic music; we need inclusion of the man thanks to whom they’ve become famous. 
Or is there anything else we know the leakers have? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Regarding "PRL"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_People's_Republic

The Polish People's Republic (Polish: Polska Rzeczpospolita Ludowa, PRL) was a country in Central Europe that existed from 1947 to 1989, and the predecessor of the modern democratic Republic of Poland.

The Polish People's Republic was a one-party state characterized by constant internal struggles for democracy and better living conditions.

• GNFNR 1

43 minutes ago, bassplayer1993 said:

So what's the general thought here... Were there really 60 songs or was it just BS?

Not too many new things in these locker CD's. Where's the rest?

I think this is about as much as anyone could have hoped for.   Not sure on exact numbers, but at least 20ish tracks with half of them either having vocals or vocals are known to have been recorded.  So CD being touted as a potential trilogy seems accurate.  Taken by itself, it's clear this was a very productive/inspired time for Axl.  Ideally, we would've gotten 2000 Intentions and then another album every 3-4 years afterward which gets things through to 2008 on the strength of that material alone.

2 hours ago, bassplayer1993 said:

So what's the general thought here... Were there really 60 songs or was it just BS?

Not too many new things in these locker CD's. Where's the rest?

Come on, this is probably the biggest set of leaks in GNR history, maybe not the best set like Rumbo for example but there is absolutely nothing to complain about at all other than GNR not actually officially releasing their own new studio material any time soon.

As a GNR fan since 87, thank you to whoever is giving us gold to appreciate and listen to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ax1 said:

Come on, this is probably the biggest set of leaks in GNR history, maybe not the best set like Rumbo for example but there is absolutely nothing to complain about at all other than GNR not actually officially releasing their own new studio material any time soon.

As a GNR fan since 87, thank you to whoever is giving us gold to appreciate and listen to.

Lol I'm not complaining, I am very grateful and happy. Just wanted to find out how many songs there might still be which we know nothing about/aren't on these CDs. Don't jump to conclusions, I am very happy with the leaks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bassplayer1993 said:

Lol I'm not complaining, I am very grateful and happy. Just wanted to find out how many songs there might still be which we know nothing about/aren't on these CDs. Don't jump to conclusions, I am very happy with the leaks.

Its all good, I think we are an above average emotional community here, lol

I just feel fortunate that big Pharma creep Martin Shkreli was away on vacation and didnt get his own grubby hands on the material, ROFL!!!!

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

I wonder whether the leakers have all these new songs with vocals, too. So far, we’ve got almost everything from the image of the cd covers, but just 5 new songs with Axl. 
If they have cd 2 and 4 without vocals like cd 3, that would be a major bummer. I mean, I’m grateful and everything, but without Axl, it’s just a bunch of guys playing some weird electronic music; we need inclusion of the man thanks to whom they’ve become famous. 
Or is there anything else we know the leakers have? 

Supposedly only Quick Song and Nothing still have vocals from all those cd's.

15 minutes ago, Lio said:

Supposedly only Quick Song and Nothing still have vocals from all those cd's.

Hm, so only two songs with Axl left apparently. 
I’ve seen this whole bunch named somewhere here as "Chinese Democracy Sessions – Act I (1998–2000)". I wonder whether the leakers have some other "Acts", whether from the TZ locker or somewhere else...

5 hours ago, Caedo said:

So if the rumour of Axl using PRL as the title for the next album (or at least the first track) are true it seems he was keen on continuing his theme of naming albums after dodgy foreign governments

More of a stretch, but then I wonder if Axl renaming Oklahoma “Berlin” meant the 3rd album was supposed to be titled Berlin and have that song

So... I haven't posted here for like 3-4 years now and I've really stopped listening to GnR for quite a while until I hear about the leaks so I rushed in here to get a general perspective of what you guys were discussing and to the people saying #fuckezrin and shit: If Axl had released all of these industrial experimental stuff and these god awful songs like State of Grace, Hardschool, Atlas Shrugged and Perhaps, he would have been eaten alive by critics, fans and the media. Ezrin was right. Most of these unreleased songs suck. Some are promising, like Zodiac 13, Dummy, and maybe Oklahoma, but man... the best unreleased song I've heard so far is fucking Going Down. That's how sad this is. Plus, although some of the over-layering on CD was over the top and unnecessary, the released songs are a million times better than these leaks. All of them. I'm still trying to process just how all of the Chinese Democracy (the song) leaks sound so bad.

It is way better to release a single album of your best material than to release all you have in a bunch of weak releases, which would have been the case if this stuff saw the light of day. In the case of CD, Rhiad and Scraped could and should have been switched for something else out there but, oh well... just saying: these leaked albums would have flopped so hard it would have been even more humiliating. And the reason for that is well, most of this sucks. So thanks Ezrin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cosmo said:

So... I haven't posted here for like 3-4 years now and I've really stopped listening to GnR for quite a while until I hear about the leaks so I rushed in here to get a general perspective of what you guys were discussing and to the people saying #fuckezrin and shit: If Axl had released all of these industrial experimental stuff and these god awful songs like State of Grace, Hardschool, Atlas Shrugged and Perhaps, he would have been eaten alive by critics, fans and the media. Ezrin was right. Most of these unreleased songs suck. Some are promising, like Zodiac 13, Dummy, and maybe Oklahoma, but man... the best unreleased song I've heard so far is fucking Going Down. That's how sad this is. Plus, although some of the over-layering on CD was over the top and unnecessary, the released songs are a million times better than these leaks. All of them. I'm still trying to process just how all of the Chinese Democracy (the song) leaks sound so bad.

It is way better to release a single album of your best material than to release all you have in a bunch of weak releases, which would have been the case if this stuff saw the light of day. In the case of CD, Rhiad and Scraped could and should have been switched for something else out there but, oh well... just saying: these leaked albums would have flopped so hard it would have been even more humiliating. And the reason for that is well, most of this sucks. So thanks Ezrin.

He's honestly right. I mean it's easy for us to look back now that we are in 2019 and say "Holy shit these are amazing Axl is God bla bla" but back then Axl had a reputation. He had a reputation of a badass rock star with an unique and powerful raspy voice that layered perfectly with the bluesy licks from Slash. This is so far gone from old GnR that if he had released this he would have been the laughing stock of the music industry. GnR was a joke back then in that moment. Those of us who were around back then remember the disappointment. It was a band of clown characters and Axl was winded and sounded like Mickey Mouse. Ezrin was actually right. The songs aren't GnR... at least not then. Today we kind of expect the industrial sounds and bucket riffs, but back then people were looking for the next Sweet Child or Jungle. These songs are not that plain and simple.

Now I'm a huge fan of NiN, KMFDM, and NuGNR so I love these new instrumentals. I think it would be a kick ass record if Axl made his own band. But to call this GnR in 2001 would have been a mistake. Ezrin at least had the balls to tell Axl that.

That said, here's my current playlist (someone was asking which songs to listen to):

Dub Suplex
Dummy
Eye on You
Going Down (still a fav of mine)
Hardschool
Me and My Elvis
Oklahoma
Perhaps
Prom Violence
Quick Song
State of Grace
The Rebel
Zodiac 13

so i take it fernando leaked these songs again to his portuguese friends but this time with the approval of uncle axl to get rid of all dead wood - hopefully thats the case 

CD era is a dud minus the 2001- 2002 lineup and their live renditions other than that i have no comprehension why many of u guys are so keen to listen to these sub par, fragmented and utterly unlistenable songs if you can call them that 

hard school has a decent intro but the chorus sucks - if this is the bar then the rest must be > my world 

16 minutes ago, djtripp20 said:

He's honestly right. I mean it's easy for us to look back now that we are in 2019 and say "Holy shit these are amazing Axl is God bla bla" but back then Axl had a reputation. He had a reputation of a badass rock star with an unique and powerful raspy voice that layered perfectly with the bluesy licks from Slash. This is so far gone from old GnR that if he had released this he would have been the laughing stock of the music industry. GnR was a joke back then in that moment. Those of us who were around back then remember the disappointment. It was a band of clown characters and Axl was winded and sounded like Mickey Mouse. Ezrin was actually right. The songs aren't GnR... at least not then. Today we kind of expect the industrial sounds and bucket riffs, but back then people were looking for the next Sweet Child or Jungle. These songs are not that plain and simple.

Now I'm a huge fan of NiN, KMFDM, and NuGNR so I love these new instrumentals. I think it would be a kick ass record if Axl made his own band. But to call this GnR in 2001 would have been a mistake. Ezrin at least had the balls to tell Axl that.

I think Axl knew that, too, which is why Rough Mix CD #1 is likely what would have been the original Chinese Democracy. Silkworms aside, most of those songs are closer to what is expected from GNR. All this more industrial/electronic stuff on the likes of Rough Mix CD #3 sounds like it was planned for the follow-up/P.R.L.:

The rebuilding – and ongoing reinvention – of Guns n’ Roses has been a difficult and, quite obviously, slow and expensive process. Rose does point out that the expense will be less glaring if, as he expects, he gets another record out of the hours and hours of material he’s committed to tape, possibly one that’s even more industrial and electronica-influenced than Chinese Democracy. “I’d like to take some of the old Guns fans along with me gradually into the 21st century,” he says.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/axl-speaks-238599/

Edited by Amir
  • Like 1