Jump to content
RussTCB

CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, sebagn'r said:

I'll be waiting Rough mixes CD#2,3 and 4!

Probably like everyone, we are getting close
take your bet, the next one will be CD#4 !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know what to think about this version of Atlas in this CD#1, I prefere the other one that we got last time with Zodiac and Quicksong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got my hands on all (I think) of the leaked songs, so I'm going to take some time to listen to it all. What I've heard so far sounds... interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Creed said:

the only weird thing is that it took that long to get leaked. its so difficult to hide such material in our digital age. some employees at universal/interscope had this stuff for years. 

Right? Lots of people of all levels of seniority would have access to this. 

It's just another chapter in the bizarre story of this album - this stuff now gets leaked because of an unpaid tab on a locker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

this will all wind up with a book of poetry at the end 

but what should it be called

 

 

2 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

2000 Intentions (but an album ain't one).

Out of likes but I just wanted to say YES to this idea!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have heard of Atlas being a song BBF was on, but I didn't know it leaked. WTF is this Zodiac and Quicksong  stuff people are talking about? Hopefully they are not new recordings being leaked.  I really can't give an opinion these because I have no knowledge. Are they good rock songs or are they Chinese Democracy experimental type of songs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Billly B said:

I have heard of Atlas being a song BBF was on, but I didn't know it leaked. WTF is this Zodiac and Quicksong  stuff people are talking about? Hopefully they are not new recordings being leaked.  I really can't give an opinion these because I have no knowledge. Are they good rock songs or are they Chinese Democracy experimental type of songs?

Theyre good rock songs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk about you guys, but I’m ready for the rest of the locker discs to leak so that I can go back to my normal life and stop checking this forum like a crazy maniac.

As far as actual new stuff goes, I think the only discs missing now are Rough Mixes 2-4, the Quick Song CD, and the Rebel CD. Let’s hope those all leak soon!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Idk about you guys, but I’m ready for the rest of the locker discs to leak so that I can go back to my normal life and stop checking this forum like a crazy maniac.

As far as actual new stuff goes, I think the only discs missing now are Rough Mixes 2-4, the Quick Song CD, and the Rebel CD. Let’s hope those all leak soon!

My "normal life" is obsessing over GNR like a crazy maniac .... :wow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

My "normal life" is obsessing over GNR like a crazy maniac .... :wow:

Oh no! :lol:

I think it’s getting to a point where I can’t group these tracks into separate “albums” anymore. Too many versions of each song are leaking now and it’s hard to pick and choose between them all, so I’m thinking of listing everything now as one big fictional “box set,” so to speak.

Question is, should I also throw the remixes on there? Or keep those listed separately?

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Oh no! :lol:

I think it’s getting to a point where I can’t group these tracks into separate “albums” anymore. Too many versions of each song are leaking now and it’s hard to pick and choose between them all, so I’m thinking of listing everything now as one big fictional “box set,” so to speak.

Question is, should I also throw the remixes on there? Or keep those listed separately?

Unless you want a version with drums ambience on, and with mono room off :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys...I've got a question about a old version of the song CD (not a recent leak) if anyone could please help me out with info.

1. it goes for 03:41

2. instead of the intro before the opening riff, it just goes straight into the song.....then has a short outro at the end of the song instead of at the start.

3. I'm not 100% sure....but I believe it's a different recording (at least maybe particially?) to the versions from all the recent leaks.

4. I don't know if it's been mastered or not....but it's a lot louder then anything from the recent leaks.

5. I don't believe I've seen it on people's lists, etc on the net.

6. I've had it for a long time (no idea how long) and I don't remember where or how I got it.

 

does anyone else have this version and know what i'm talking about? if so does anyone know what year, session, etc it's from?

cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fanboy said:

Probably like everyone, we are getting close
take your bet, the next one will be CD#4 !

Whatever disc has circus maximus lol... Name like that its gotta wacky an fun.

Right? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've listened to so many different versions of TWAT so many times now, and I still can't tell the difference betwen standard TWAT mix and TWAT drum remix with snare sample from Silkworms ambience down with mono room.

I'VE NEVER BEEN SO DISAPPOINTED!

Where are the maggots? The syphillitic priestess? The parasitic semen?

TWAT full of maggots, isn't that... well, not very noticeable.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does this sound for a box set?

Disc 1: Chinese Democracy 2

Disc 2: The Leaks (Pre-Album Release)

Disc 3: The Remixes

Disc 4: 2000 Intentions

Disc 5: Alternate Mixes + Instrumentals 

i might still treat ChiDem 2 as a separate “album” from the rest of this “box set.” Not sure yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to use only the (to you) best stuff for one alternative "Chinese Intentions" album is another way to handle all of this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Trying to use only the (to you) best stuff for one alternative "Chinese Intentions" album is another way to handle all of this.

 

Too hard for me to choose between certain versions of certain songs for that! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this is just the stupidest question ever, but where does The General land in all of this? Later sessions? Starting to feel that's going to be the final big gun so to say, but if it's not on these discs who knows when that could make its appearance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Apologies if this is just the stupidest question ever, but where does The General land in all of this? Later sessions? Starting to feel that's going to be the final big gun so to say, but if it's not on these discs who knows when that could make its appearance. 

Axl told Baz The General was meant to be on the second or third album, so it's very possible he didn't record vocals for it until later

Seemed like it was done by 2010 if you go by that party recording - Baz said in 2007 that he had heard Axl's vocals for it, so I would guess Axl recorded them in 2006-2007

But it's still very possible it's on the Rough Mixes discs under a different name as an instrumental

31 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Trying to use only the (to you) best stuff for one alternative "Chinese Intentions" album is another way to handle all of this.

 

Yeah once everything's out I want to make a "What is the best version of each song?" thread so we can bicker about that

Edited by TheSeeker
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to try my best to organize these tracks (especially as more come w/vocals) into a ChiDem II & III .. I'll be scrapping the original ChiDem tracklist as well & make it a proper trilogy

Edited by 2020_Intensions
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×