2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

2 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

Not asking for a leak or a link to a leak, but I am asking if anyone has all 15 images of the CDs. Mods/admins please don't give me a warning or suspension if this isn't allowed, I know the images were posted on here, I just can't seem to find them.

http://www.suicideshift.info/discography/chinese-democracy-leaks.html

• Like 1

Loving hearing all of these leaks, some of those intsrumentals are just fucking incredible. It does make you wonder what might have been if the CD sessions had become a multi-album release, it was potentially such an exciting era for Axl with the new band, so many possibilities. I'm still more than happy that we got the finished album that finally emerged.

I would love Axl to throw some of this stuff, maybe the best dozen or so tracks, out there as a solo album.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dave94 said:

What are the chance the leakers have changed course and have decided to try to get some cash for the final disc mix 2 rather than getting it out to the fans?  

Don’t think so - it seems there may be something happening involving the VMA rehearsals and they said the 15 discs would not be the end of the leaks either.

Had a thought earlier - "Catcher in the Rye" on the locker set is the only song that fades out, and it's also one of the songs that appeared "finished" since they didn't touch it at all between March 2000 and late 2001

Does that mean "Catcher in the Rye" was intended to be the last track on either Chinese Democracy or PRL?

If the double-album actually happened, I could see Catcher closing out the first disc and Prostitute closing out the second (or vice versa)

48 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I think it is Rolling Stone Argentinian edition.

We have this RS in better resolution? Tried to find the PRL mention in this article. The english version didn't has it nor the french. Taking by the GNR Evolution post, it's from a  brazilian paper, but the archive is exclusive for signeds. So, can't read the original article. 

10 minutes ago, Burroughs said:

We have this RS in better resolution? Tried to find the PRL mention in this article. The english version didn't has it nor the french. Taking by the GNR Evolution post, it's from a  brazilian paper, but the archive is exclusive for signeds. So, can't read the original article. 

But this version that was posted isn't portuguese language, is in spanish language. I had this RS edition and still have it, just nor remember were is now. 

3 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

What is PRL? Ive seen it mentioned a few times. The follow up title to CD? What does it stand for?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_People's_Republic

The Polish People's Republic (Polish: Polska Rzeczpospolita Ludowa, PRL) was a country in Central Europe that existed from 1947 to 1989, and the predecessor of the modern democratic Republic of Poland.

The Polish People's Republic was a one-party state characterized by constant internal struggles for democracy and better living conditions.

I sense a theme here with the album titles

I speculated in another thread that Axl might have renamed Oklahoma to "Berlin" because he wanted that to be the title of the third album

Between "Chinese Democracy", "PRL", "Madagascar" and "Berlin" - Axl was really into the fall of Communism

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Creed said:

I really doubt that. I'm polish myself and Poland was not a regime. And Axl has no connection to Poland. GnR was huge during UYI. The have a great fan base there. But thats it.

If he wanted to hint 'fuck communism' in song titles, he would have been more focused on China, East Germany, Cuba, North Korea, Vietnam, Russia/UdSSR and even Brazil with Lula.

PRL aka legend of the red panda backwards makes more sense.

Lol  Poland was literally a member of the Soviet bloc post-WWII and you're saying Brazil under Lula was more left-wing? This is off-topic but hilarious.

I do think all this political theories about PRL are grasping at straws though. It might as well mean Perestroika Revolted Liberace.

Edited by El Nono Pololo
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Creed said:

I really doubt that. I'm polish myself and Poland was not a regime. And Axl has no connection to Poland. GnR was huge during UYI. The have a great fan base there. But thats it.

If he wanted to hint 'fuck communism' in song titles, he would have been more focused on China, East Germany, Cuba, North Korea, Vietnam, Russia/UdSSR and even Brazil with Lula.

PRL aka legend of the red panda backwards makes more sense.

11 minutes ago, El Nono Pololo said:

Lol  Poland was literally a member of the Soviet bloc post-WWII and you're saying Brazil under Lula was more left-wing? This is off-topic but hilarious.

I do think all this political theories about PRL are grasping at straws though. It might as well mean Perestroika Revolted Liberace.

In this very thread a month ago, this was the additional information from the (fake?) box that was on the Japanese website:

Additional Information:

"Hardschool" is called "Jackie Chan" after 1999.

"T.W.A.T." means "There Was A Time".

"Perhaps" features Brian May on guitar. This song is called "This Life" after 1999 and later is renamed as "P. R. L..".

"P. R. L." means "Perhaps (?) Life". Contains parts of "Thyme" and is very similar to "Perhaps".

"Oklahoma" is called "Berlin" after 1999.

"Rhyad" is called "Riad 'N' The Bedouins" after 1999.

"I'm Sorry" is called "Sorry For You". After 2007, is called "Sorry".

"This I Love", "Broken", "Better", "Motormouth", "Seven", "Today, Tomorrow, Forever", "The General" and "Scraped" are not included.

"Zodiac 13" later renamed as "Zodiac".

"Me and My Elvis" later renamed as "Leave Me Alone" or "Soul Monster".