2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

but hard drives would seem to imply way more than 1 more disc

Also could be more than music.

Video's live & otherwise, documentaries. Honour among thieves , who knows?

9 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Why don't the leaker say exactly what else is to be leaked? 

I dont understand this 8 days wait too. I mean, why? 

Why dont you become a leaker yourself so you can follow your own ruled and do things your way???

Lol, relax, the leaker is extremely generous and has given the music community a treasure trove. He/they dont owe us anything. Nothing to complain about here :)

Edited by ax1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ax1 said:

Why dont you become a leaker yourself so you can follow your own ruled and do things your way???

Lol, relax, the leaker is extremely generous and has given the music community a treasure trove. He/they dont owe us anything. Nothing to complain about here :)

I'm cool, thanks for your consideration. 

I was just asking, not complaining. The guy either have it or not. I just don't understand the need for tease people like that. I mean, don't we get enough drama with the fake insiders and even the band itself?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

I'm cool, thanks for your consideration. 

I was just asking, not complaining. The guy either have it or not. I just don't understand the need for tease people like that. I mean, don't we get enough drama with the fake insiders and even the band itself?

Got it sorry,

My understanding was they wanted to pressure someone to release the VMA (did I spell that right anyone?) rehearsals from 2002 who was hoarding it. It seems like they wanted to bring attention to that yet still not deprive us all of that disc #2 long term. Wasnt so much to tease us all. Wish that VMA rehearsal comes out myself as us all :)

Edited by ax1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ax1 said:

Got it sorry,

My understanding was they wanted to pressure someone to release the VMA (did I spell that right anyone?) rehearsals from 2002 who was hoarding it. It seems like they wanted to bring attention to that yet still not deprive us all of that disc #2 long term. Wasnt so much to tease us all. Wish that VMA rehearsal comes out myself as us all :)

No problem, its all good.

IMO, I also dont understand the expectation to the VMA 2002 rehearsal. Seems like just a regular rehearsal with the band playing the WTTJ-Madagascar-PC medley, nothing more. 

20 minutes ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

This sucks....all these instrumentals with no vocals..outside of hearing those with vocals..6 new songs with vocals this decade is a real joke...we should expect more!

You can “expect” all you want. And that’s cool, but you’re only going to “receive” whatever it is that’s actually in possession. You get what you get. Be grateful for that. 

Edited by HollyWoodRose84

51 minutes ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

This sucks....all these instrumentals with no vocals..outside of hearing those with vocals..6 new songs with vocals this decade is a real joke...we should expect more!

Your gonna have to ask Axl to dig into his personal vault for that one. Id have no problem buying stuff like this and putting money in Axl's pocket to add to my collection.

Lets all be grateful the fanbase got their hands on music and put it out for all of us to listen, we now have so much more after a decade than nothing at all, which is the way it was supposed to be.

Edited by ax1

lolwut. 

You know these leaks were never intended to be heard, right? 

• Like 1

You can expect all you want. Axl is under zero obligation to deliver, no matter how bad we want it.  I get fan frustration, I really do. GnR delivered one of the most important albums of all-time and for studio output to fizzle out as it has sucks.  It's almost unimaginable that a band as big as GnR were at the their peak to put out only one album of new material from 1992 - today, but here we are.  We should have had another half dozen albums, but we haven't. That's the reality.  Enjoy the leaks.  Two months ago we had nothing in 11 years. But we should be happy that we have anything at all.  We could live in a world where Appetite never happened. 

Just wondering...what is in the world is so special about the 2002 VMA rehearsals?? Considering that performance was basically a disaster in the end for Axl. But at least it produced this great bit of stand-up comedy from Patton Oswalt.......

Edited by papashaun
found source link

On 9/29/2019 at 7:33 AM, TheSeeker said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_People's_Republic

I sense a theme here with the album titles

I speculated in another thread that Axl might have renamed Oklahoma to "Berlin" because he wanted that to be the title of the third album

Between "Chinese Democracy", "PRL", "Madagascar" and "Berlin" - Axl was really into the fall of Communism

Great find

28 minutes ago, papashaun said:

Just wondering...what is in the world is so special about the 2002 VMA rehearsals?? Considering that performance was basically a disaster in the end for Axl. But at least it produced this great bit of stand-up comedy from Patton Oswalt.......

I remember as it happened on TV back in '02, I had no idea and was shocked...In no way did I considered it a "disaster" as it happened, it was a fun performance and it introduced me to Buckethead who stole the show. Axl had a new look, his voice was noticeable not there but I didnt really care, it was him and my favorite front man was performing again (note, I had no idea about Brazil prior, etc...pre-internet days for me) I dunno it was one of the most memorable moments in GNR history for me (memorable, not necessarily the best.)

It was a moment of extreme optimism for me, the only disaster was 6 more years until CD.

Edited by ax1

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Does rerecorded AFD have Buckethead?

It was '99 so absolutely no, unless they did it all over again and its in his vault, lol. But what we know is it was totally re-recorded in '99 and only Sweet Child was released for a movie.

• Like 1

Showed my buddy perhaps, state of grace, atlas, and hard school. He thought hard school was the best GNR sounding one, thought Perhaps was good (thoughted it sounded kinda grungey), thought Atlas was better than Perhaps, and thought that State of Grace sounded too industrial (but based on his head bobbing, he liked the 2nd half more than the first).

I should note that he was a fan of the original GNR stuff, and loved the album version of Catcher in the Rye, and thought Shacklers Revenges chorus was amazing, the rest of the album he didnt like or care for.

Also showed him 15 seconds of silkworms and he said "its better than "My World""

Edited by Mendez

2 hours ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

This is the problem .the attitude of you get what you get and be happy with that...so 6 songs over years and years..no other fanbase would be happy with it!

Well, the leaker could've just read comments like yours and decided it wasn't worth the effort and you'll just have to listen to CD for another 10 years.

55 minutes ago, ax1 said:

I remember as it happened on TV back in '02, I had no idea and was shocked...In no way did I considered it a "disaster" as it happened, it was a fun performance and it introduced me to Buckethead who stole the show. Axl had a new look, his voice was noticeable not there but I didnt really care, it was him and my favorite front man was performing again (note, I had no idea about Brazil prior, etc...pre-internet days for me) I dunno it was one of the most memorable moments in GNR history for me (memorable, not necessarily the best.)

It was a moment of extreme optimism for me, the only disaster was 6 more years until CD.

But why the "rehearsals?" Why are they so coveted? They only played basically a quarter of 3 songs for the whole performance in a medley. Plus, the line-up had already played Rock in Rio 2001 together. It wasn't like this was the first time they practiced or rehearsed for a performance or anything. I'm thinking the majority of hard core fans already had knowledge of the RIR performance prior to 2002, as even MTV did a news update on it/showed footage. That performance was better all around anyway as well.

5 hours ago, STPGNR4EVER said:

If you do the math, thats 50% more new songs than they gave us on the Lies album!