2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

So this delay with mix cd 2 definitely suggests some mighty delicious content, at least to me. After all, it's listed right after the first remix cd with all the songs, so it might contain several new songs with vocals... Here's for hoping. 

Do you have a link to this list? Must have missed that.. Cheers

This is the shit I'm interested in, in this order: 

- 1998-2002 demo material with vocals

- 1998-2002 demo material without vocals

(gap)

- new releases by the current band of actual new songs, not re-worked/re-recorded 2000 demo's) 

(big gap)

- 2004-2008 demo material (with or without vocals)

(another big gap)

- new releases by the current band of re-worked/re-recorded 2000 demo's

(HUGE gap)

- live shows and rehearsals from before 2004, including the VMA rehearsals

- live shows and rehearsals from before 2008

(immensely huge gaping hole, think Fernando's asshole)

- anything material with with Ashba on it

- live shows and rehearsals after 2008

• Like 1

Interesting. For me it would go roughly like this (all with vocals only):

- New stuff from current band beginning 2015
- Old stuff from the 90s reworked by the current band 
- Unreleased ChinDem stuff reworked by the current band 
- CD stuff from whichever era the TIL with Axl’s raspy voice is from; let’s say 2004–2006 demos, in its original version
- CD stuff from the turn of 2000s like The General etc., in its original version
- Any old leftovers from the past, in its original version
- Is there anything else? 
- Oh yeah, shitloads of pro-shots, from the UYI tour videos to anything up to at least 2006

And I sure as hell hope the new record will be a mixture of the first three points. 

Edited by jamillos

Brain question, and, ain't nobody talkin' bout no Brains in the jungle section that I can see, so, I'm putting it here.

Dude joins in the Spring of 2000, and Freeze's drums are still all over the tracks on both Rough Mix #1 and CD RM, dated 6/1/01.

He starts recording drum tracks to replace Josh's parts at The Village around June of 2001.  Why so long?

While we're at it, Bucket joined in late '99 and none of his magic is on any of the known CD songs that we have on these discs (other than likely Maddy and also Zodiac from RM 6/1/01).

Sure, he's on a few demos in the second half of 2000, but what were these guys doing for so long?

Edited by oneway23

9 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I disagree that the new outro on SOD was recorded in January 2007. He didn’t start singing the lyrics in the outro live until 2009, and they did play some gigs in 2007. That to me says those lyrics hadn’t been added yet by the time the 2007 tour started, so it was likely recorded in the second half of 2007 or 2008. 

I always thought the second layer of vocals on Chinese Democracy (the song) was recorded somewhere around that time. Or were those on earlier leaks as well? I don't remember all of it, it's been a while :P

2 hours ago, oneway23 said:

Brain question, and, ain't nobody talkin' bout no Brains in the jungle section that I can see, so, I'm putting it here.

Dude joins in the Spring of 2000, and Freeze's drums are still all over the tracks on both Rough Mix #1 and CD RM, dated 6/1/01.

He starts recording drum tracks to replace Josh's parts at The Village around June of 2001.  Why so long?

While we're at it, Bucket joined in late '99 and none of his magic is on any of the known CD songs that we have on these discs (other than likely Maddy and also Zodiac from RM 6/1/01).

Sure, he's on a few demos in the second half of 2000, but what were these guys doing for so long?

Agreeing to join up was probably followed by contract negotiations. With the pace GNR moves at, that probably took time.

Also, what was going on with their own schedules/projects they had to finish up? 

Reading Chinese Whispers, Brain wasn't doing anything after Primus.  He was in the clear after April of 2000.  Bucket signed his contract with GN'R WHILE ON THE HAUNTED MANSION RIDE (I love this) at Disney with Axl in the Fall of '99.

4 hours ago, oneway23 said:

This time is coherent if you look to these records as result of a process includin rehearsal, other takes unused or even the adaptation of a new man in the band. It is unlikely that, given all the care taken in producing the CD, a member would come in and the next day record a take.

15 minutes ago, Burroughs said:

This time is coherent if you look to these records as result of a process includin rehearsal, other takes unused or even the adaptation of a new man in the band. It is unlikely that, given all the care taken in producing the CD, a member would come in and the next day record a take.

I see your point, but, Buckethead was in the band for at least a year and a half before Uncle Axl let him sit at the big boy table and play on the real album?  Guess I shouldn't be shocked.

1 hour ago, oneway23 said:

I see your point, but, Buckethead was in the band for at least a year and a half before Uncle Axl let him sit at the big boy table and play on the real album?  Guess I shouldn't be shocked.

Great point, there's something missing here, Buckethead in this year produced some demos but didn't played in the "real album". Think that Axl having Buckethead in his band will never release this record without him. Maybe his parts was in development until the Rough Mixes we got. Other tapes not included in the reference discs could contain the other Buck's takes.

Edited by Burroughs

8 minutes ago, Burroughs said:

Great point, there's something missing here, Buckethead in this year produced some demos but didn't played in the "real album". Think that Axl having Buckethead in his band will never release this record without him. Maybe his parts was in development until the Rough Mixes we got. Other tapes not included in the reference discs could contain the other Buck's takes.

I sure hope so.  I want as much of that saucy Bucket magic as I can get!

• Like 2

Just having a listening session of these leaks... i've been focusing on Atlas etc over the past few weeks although i'm really appreciating the quality of these instrumentals now. Some seriously good music here.... lets hope that one day some of them see the light of day with vocals in a finished form. 

Particular faves:

Quicksong

Me & My Elvis

Dummy

Devious bastard

Zodiac 

Dub Suplex 

Oklahoma

It is easy to see how Axl could have maybe lost some interest in this music after whatever symphony of reasons (many self inflicted, I'm sure) prevented him from doing so by 2002. A lot of it sounds very contemporaneous with what was coming out at the time. Axl was impressively in tune with what was popular in rock music.

By 2006-2008, it is easy to imagine that Axl was less excited in the industrial stuff (think Silkworms) and the nu metal stuff (think Dub Suplex) as the rest of the world had lost interest too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jakey Styley said:

It is easy to see how Axl could have maybe lost some interest in this music after whatever symphony of reasons (many self inflicted, I'm sure) prevented him from doing so by 2002. A lot of it sounds very contemporaneous with what was coming out at the time. Axl was impressively in tune with what was popular in rock music.

By 2006-2008, it is easy to imagine that Axl was less excited in the industrial stuff (think Silkworms) and the nu metal stuff (think Dub Suplex) as the rest of the world had lost interest too.

Alot of years flew by thats for sure.

4 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

Which leads us to now, absolutely no one outside of the fan boards give a damn about these leaks. Literally no extra coverage from any major outlets.

I think that the band mostly reuniting (axl,slash, & duff) kind of cursed any further major media coverage about the “not real Guns N’ Roses songs”. 

From here on out it’s either a current lineup album or nothing (as far as media coverage is concerned). 

The only eras I never saw live were the Buckethead 2002 era and the NITL current era. I really only regret never seeing the Buckethead squad with goth Robin. I saw Jesus Robin and the first show with Bumble and it was awesome. I am actually more interested in anything that comes out from the Chinese demos than anything moving new forward. I think GNR is tapped out creatively. Would rather see/hear Axl DC again, which was awesome. 

• Like 1