2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Interesting, so here is a tiny glimpse of the VMA rehearsals I wasnt aware of, pro-shot video certainly exists....I would definitely want to see the whole thing out of my own curiosity how it all went down especially being that I experienced the TV event back in 2002. Just out of historical purposes and being a big GNR fan, I really hope this comes out now more than ever.

Edited by ax1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find myself having perhaps stuck in my head a lot, but really not enjoying the hey hey's when I listen to it. I love hard school when I listen to it but it doesn't seem to be stuck in my head. perhaps just feels like a Chinese democracy song. It could easily be put on that album, but hard school feels like it has UYI or AFD roots to it that none of the other CD songs seem to have. 

3 hours ago, ax1 said:

Interesting, so here is a tiny glimpse of the VMA rehearsals I wasnt aware of, pro-shot video certainly exists....I would definitely want to see the whole thing out of my own curiosity how it all went down especially being that I experienced the TV event back in 2002. Just out of historical purposes and being a big GNR fan, I really hope this comes out now more than ever.

God, I remember when this happened - I was 15, just got into Guns N' Roses, and was so psyched.

Then I bought tickets to Philly. 

Whatever, still want this footage and still want rough mixes 2 so I can further dwell on what might have been.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

God, I remember when this happened - I was 15, just got into Guns N' Roses, and was so psyched.

Then I bought tickets to Philly. 

Whatever, still want this footage and still want rough mixes 2 so I can further dwell on what might have been.

I had turned 25, I waited 11 years to hear my first GNR (well somewhat GNR, lol) original song.

2 things that made this a positive memorable GNR moment, first time I heard Madagascar and my mind being blown away by Buckethead! Then I could add the memorable re-invention of the Axl rose look.

Edited by ax1

17 minutes ago, ax1 said:

I had turned 25, I waited 11 years to hear my first GNR (well somewhat GNR, lol) original song.

2 things that made this a positive memorable GNR moment, first time I heard Madagascar and my mind being blown away by Buckethead! Then I could add the memorable re-invention of the Axl rose look.

I remember feeling absolutely gutted that my favorite band was completely unrecognizable. From the unknown (at the time) band to the Mickey Mouse vocals, it was just horrid. That said. I do want to see the full rehearsal just out of curiosity. Not sure I'd actually watch more than a couple times :shrugs:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DTV88 said:

I remember feeling absolutely gutted that my favorite band was completely unrecognizable. From the unknown (at the time) band to the Mickey Mouse vocals, it was just horrid. That said. I do want to see the full rehearsal just out of curiosity. Not sure I'd actually watch more than a couple times :shrugs:

Maybe I was so gutted for so many years of absence that I was desensitized that day, lol

• Like 1

Circus Maximus has been growing on me, but Dummy and Billionaire still sound like shit to my ears.

i know it’s cool that the orchestral background of Billionaire was used as the foundation for The General... But that hip hop beat is way too prominent in the mix. It’s too distracting!

3 hours ago, DTV88 said:

I wasn’t old enough to be into GNR at that point but can totally imagine 90% of people watching it thinking wtf is going on?

For all of Bucketheads apparent brilliance, he was a poor look for Guns as it made the band look like a complete freak show. Add in the odd “fashion” style choice of axl and then terrible vocals and no wonder the performance got panned and ticket sales were crap

1 hour ago, dave94 said:

I wasn’t old enough to be into GNR at that point but can totally imagine 90% of people watching it thinking wtf is going on?

For all of Bucketheads apparent brilliance, he was a poor look for Guns as it made the band look like a complete freak show. Add in the odd “fashion” style choice of axl and then terrible vocals and no wonder the performance got panned and ticket sales were crap

Exactly. They didn’t make it near me in 2002, but I also didn’t go to either of the shows in 2006 when they did. It wasn’t Guns as far as I am concerned and there weren’t any albums out to judge them by. :ph34r: Talented band, just not what I grew up with. :shrugs:

10 hours ago, ax1 said:

I’d forgotten just how much of a disaster 2002 was. 

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Circus Maximus has been growing on me, but Dummy and Billionaire still sound like shit to my ears.

i know it’s cool that the orchestral background of Billionaire was used as the foundation for The General... But that hip hop beat is way too prominent in the mix. It’s too distracting!

I don’t dislike the ideas in Dummy, but it’s too long and too repetitive. Should be about half the length it is. Billionaire is cool. 

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I got to see a show in 2002 and loved it! 

I had tickets for Houston. Tour was cancelled just a couple of dates before. Saw them in 01 so I wasn’t devastated. But if I had I known they would not perform again until 2006 I think I would have been more bummed. 

Thinking again about the PRL title... I can't remember who said it, whether it was that $3P guy or some other "source", but I'm sure PRL was said to stand for something along the lines of 'Perception Reality Life' (I can't remember what the exact words were) which doesn't sound too far fetched. Or I could just be remembering some misinformation pulled from the ass of the Atlist troll. Regardless, a phrase coined/thought up by Axl himself or an acronym of lyrics would probably be the most obvious option. Alternatively, other options could be:

In the medical field, PRL is used as an abbreviation for prolactin, the hormone that promotes breast growth and produces milk for feeding. For a song/album title, this could be used in relation to women or could even be used as a symbol of mother nature. It could even be in reference to it's relevance to sex hormones/sex steroids, although this is more of a stretch.

There is also the Port Rail Line in Hong Kong, which could have links to both Atlas Shrugged in particular and the Chinese theme in general. This is less likely, however, as although the ups and downs of the Hong Kong freight transport market is relevant to the themes in Atlas the book, the book is largely unrelated to the song itself, and is a pretty random thing to associate with as the follow up to Chinese Democracy.

PRL would also be an acronym for a vast amount of research laboratories (may or may not be relevant).

Any of this would be more likely than a by then defunct Polish political regime. 'Berlin' as the third title of this supposed politics trilogy, as has been suggested, is also a stretch, especially as Axl said that Chinese Democracy was simply an interesting concept/oxymoron rather than a political statement.

Or it could even be named after a completely meaningless title for a Pitman fart loop, and for all we know could stand for some random nonsense like Pitman Reed Lebeis, making all this speculation a waste of time. :lol:

• Like 1

One thing about 2002, maybe off topic or not too much, any of y aready seen any pic, video of the CD artwork that axl presents to the  audience in Summer Sonic Festival? Is it the same art of the final 2008 CD? GNR On Tour says The artwork is black and white and features a bicycle, with a wall behind it that someone painted with “Guns N’ Roses!!” . Very close to the final one. I Remember of a pic that circulated in the web before the album release, probably fanmade, don't remember.