RussTCB

CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

31 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I cannot understand why so many people are interested in hearing a re-recorded Appetite. This is the music equivalent of remaking a perfect movie 12 years later with only one member of the original cast. 

Fact- Axl’s vocals will not be better.

Fact- The music sure as shit will not be better

Is this just curiosity? A desire for novelty? 

I am interested only because it is known to be already made and I think the fans deserve to at least listen to it should they choose. Sweet Child of course turned to be nothing compared to the original imo, but it was still an interesting take I listen to once in a blue moon.

If we had a vote for the future, Id bet almost every one of us would rather just have new music of course.

• Like 1

Just now, ax1 said:

I am interested only because it is known to be already made and I think the fans deserve to at least listen to it should they choose. Sweet Child of course turned to be nothing compared to the original imo, but it was still an interesting take I listen to once in a blue moon.

If we had a vote for the future, Id bet almost every one of us would rather just have new music of course.

I just want to hear Slash and Axl play on an album again. It’s like peanut butter and jelly. It’s just right. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oneway23 said:

Exactly.  We know this process was all about refinement.

I'm guessing The General was newer, maybe Seven, so, unless those were re-titled and re-tooled from an earlier demo, we probably still need to hear those.

We know of a January 2007 Axl vocal recording session, so Axl recorded at least once after the article ran.  Guessing that's where the "What'd I Tell Ya!" bit from The Blues came from, but, I obviously can't say for sure..  Who knows what else was worked on?

Thanks, Blackstar!  That's the one.  Numbers were a little off, but, that's not too bad off the top of my head for a nearly 14 year old article !

I disagree that the new outro on SOD was recorded in January 2007. He didn’t start singing the lyrics in the outro live until 2009, and they did play some gigs in 2007. That to me says those lyrics hadn’t been added yet by the time the 2007 tour started, so it was likely recorded in the second half of 2007 or 2008. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I disagree that the new outro on SOD was recorded in January 2007. He didn’t start singing the lyrics in the outro live until 2009, and they did play some gigs in 2007. That to me says those lyrics hadn’t been added yet by the time the 2007 tour started, so it was likely recorded in the second half of 2007 or 2008. 

Fair point.  Sounds reasonable to me!

44 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

What's interesting in some early performances of Better is you can hear Tommy sing the altered chorus from the demo.

29 minutes ago, Amir said:

What's interesting in some early performances of Better is you can hear Tommy sing the altered chorus from the demo.

Interesting - never noticed that before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amir said:

You mean the chorus that went “now I know you know better, you know I know you know better”?

instead of the final chorus which is simply just “now I know you better, you know I know better.”

44 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

You mean the chorus that went “now I know you know better, you know I know you know better”?

instead of the final chorus which is simply just “now I know you better, you know I know better.”

Yeah, "Now you know me better...". Think I heard him sing that at on a Hammerstein boot and/or Download 2006. He must not have heard the latest version of the song at that point :P

It's curious though that Axl got the right number of TWAT screams between the Finck and Bucket solos in 2006, but from 2009 on keeps doing an extra "I would do anything for you, there was a time" over the Bucket solo, as if he were recalling the pre-Bucket solo demo versions of the song.

So this delay with mix cd 2 definitely suggests some mighty delicious content, at least to me. After all, it's listed right after the first remix cd with all the songs, so it might contain several new songs with vocals... Here's for hoping. 

6 hours ago, Arnuld said:

I cannot understand why so many people are interested in hearing a re-recorded Appetite. This is the music equivalent of remaking a perfect movie 12 years later with only one member of the original cast. 

Fact- Axl’s vocals will not be better.

Fact- The music sure as shit will not be better

Is this just curiosity? A desire for novelty? 

Just curiosity, more that likely I'd listen once and never again. I do like the small organ part Dizzy added to the "where do we go" part of Sweet Child though.

Releasing it would have been suicide though.

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

So this delay with mix cd 2 definitely suggests some mighty delicious content, at least to me. After all, it's listed right after the first remix cd with all the songs, so it might contain several new songs with vocals... Here's for hoping. 

Do you have a link to this list? Must have missed that.. Cheers

This is the shit I'm interested in, in this order: 

- 1998-2002 demo material with vocals

- 1998-2002 demo material without vocals

(gap)

- new releases by the current band of actual new songs, not re-worked/re-recorded 2000 demo's) 

(big gap)

- 2004-2008 demo material (with or without vocals)

(another big gap)

- new releases by the current band of re-worked/re-recorded 2000 demo's

(HUGE gap)

- live shows and rehearsals from before 2004, including the VMA rehearsals

- live shows and rehearsals from before 2008

(immensely huge gaping hole, think Fernando's asshole)

- anything material with with Ashba on it

- live shows and rehearsals after 2008

• Like 1

Interesting. For me it would go roughly like this (all with vocals only):

- New stuff from current band beginning 2015
- Old stuff from the 90s reworked by the current band 
- Unreleased ChinDem stuff reworked by the current band 
- CD stuff from whichever era the TIL with Axl’s raspy voice is from; let’s say 2004–2006 demos, in its original version
- CD stuff from the turn of 2000s like The General etc., in its original version
- Any old leftovers from the past, in its original version
- Is there anything else? 
- Oh yeah, shitloads of pro-shots, from the UYI tour videos to anything up to at least 2006

And I sure as hell hope the new record will be a mixture of the first three points. 

Edited by jamillos

It's almost as if GnR and especially it's management are actively trying to make me not give a shit about them anymore. 

But that couldn't be, right? Could it...? 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

Brain question, and, ain't nobody talkin' bout no Brains in the jungle section that I can see, so, I'm putting it here.

Dude joins in the Spring of 2000, and Freeze's drums are still all over the tracks on both Rough Mix #1 and CD RM, dated 6/1/01.

He starts recording drum tracks to replace Josh's parts at The Village around June of 2001.  Why so long?

While we're at it, Bucket joined in late '99 and none of his magic is on any of the known CD songs that we have on these discs (other than likely Maddy and also Zodiac from RM 6/1/01).

Sure, he's on a few demos in the second half of 2000, but what were these guys doing for so long?

Edited by oneway23

When exactly did we get the poem from the chairman about getting CD#2 within 8 days?

I'm hoping that we get it by Friday / Saturday so we have most of the weekend to enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I always thought the second layer of vocals on Chinese Democracy (the song) was recorded somewhere around that time. Or were those on earlier leaks as well? I don't remember all of it, it's been a while :P

I cant believe how interesting this band (or that band) was for a few weeks.... we need NITL to end (again) and get a new album already!

2 hours ago, oneway23 said:

Brain question, and, ain't nobody talkin' bout no Brains in the jungle section that I can see, so, I'm putting it here.

Dude joins in the Spring of 2000, and Freeze's drums are still all over the tracks on both Rough Mix #1 and CD RM, dated 6/1/01.

He starts recording drum tracks to replace Josh's parts at The Village around June of 2001.  Why so long?

While we're at it, Bucket joined in late '99 and none of his magic is on any of the known CD songs that we have on these discs (other than likely Maddy and also Zodiac from RM 6/1/01).

Sure, he's on a few demos in the second half of 2000, but what were these guys doing for so long?

Agreeing to join up was probably followed by contract negotiations. With the pace GNR moves at, that probably took time.

Also, what was going on with their own schedules/projects they had to finish up? 

Reading Chinese Whispers, Brain wasn't doing anything after Primus.  He was in the clear after April of 2000.  Bucket signed his contract with GN'R WHILE ON THE HAUNTED MANSION RIDE (I love this) at Disney with Axl in the Fall of '99.

4 hours ago, oneway23 said:

This time is coherent if you look to these records as result of a process includin rehearsal, other takes unused or even the adaptation of a new man in the band. It is unlikely that, given all the care taken in producing the CD, a member would come in and the next day record a take.

The intro on Devious Bastard sounds like it came off of Death Magnetic, then it sounds like it came off of Ain't Life Grand once the bass kicks in.

15 minutes ago, Burroughs said:

This time is coherent if you look to these records as result of a process includin rehearsal, other takes unused or even the adaptation of a new man in the band. It is unlikely that, given all the care taken in producing the CD, a member would come in and the next day record a take.

I see your point, but, Buckethead was in the band for at least a year and a half before Uncle Axl let him sit at the big boy table and play on the real album?  Guess I shouldn't be shocked.