RussTCB

CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, oneway23 said:

I see your point, but, Buckethead was in the band for at least a year and a half before Uncle Axl let him sit at the big boy table and play on the real album?  Guess I shouldn't be shocked.

Great point, there's something missing here, Buckethead in this year produced some demos but didn't played in the "real album". Think that Axl having Buckethead in his band will never release this record without him. Maybe his parts was in development until the Rough Mixes we got. Other tapes not included in the reference discs could contain the other Buck's takes.

Edited by Burroughs

8 minutes ago, Burroughs said:

Great point, there's something missing here, Buckethead in this year produced some demos but didn't played in the "real album". Think that Axl having Buckethead in his band will never release this record without him. Maybe his parts was in development until the Rough Mixes we got. Other tapes not included in the reference discs could contain the other Buck's takes.

I sure hope so.  I want as much of that saucy Bucket magic as I can get!

• Like 2

Just having a listening session of these leaks... i've been focusing on Atlas etc over the past few weeks although i'm really appreciating the quality of these instrumentals now. Some seriously good music here.... lets hope that one day some of them see the light of day with vocals in a finished form. 

Particular faves:

Quicksong

Me & My Elvis

Dummy

Devious bastard

Zodiac 

Dub Suplex 

Oklahoma

9 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

When exactly did we get the poem from the chairman about getting CD#2 within 8 days?

I'm hoping that we get it by Friday / Saturday so we have most of the weekend to enjoy it.

Poem was from Sunday, so we should have a leak by Monday.

• Like 1

It is easy to see how Axl could have maybe lost some interest in this music after whatever symphony of reasons (many self inflicted, I'm sure) prevented him from doing so by 2002. A lot of it sounds very contemporaneous with what was coming out at the time. Axl was impressively in tune with what was popular in rock music.

By 2006-2008, it is easy to imagine that Axl was less excited in the industrial stuff (think Silkworms) and the nu metal stuff (think Dub Suplex) as the rest of the world had lost interest too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jakey Styley said:

It is easy to see how Axl could have maybe lost some interest in this music after whatever symphony of reasons (many self inflicted, I'm sure) prevented him from doing so by 2002. A lot of it sounds very contemporaneous with what was coming out at the time. Axl was impressively in tune with what was popular in rock music.

By 2006-2008, it is easy to imagine that Axl was less excited in the industrial stuff (think Silkworms) and the nu metal stuff (think Dub Suplex) as the rest of the world had lost interest too.

Alot of years flew by thats for sure.

3 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Poem was from Sunday, so we should have a leak by Monday.

Hopefully leaks on Friday, that way I can listen to it all weekend, and especially on the hour long drive to Joker movie.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

Which leads us to now, absolutely no one outside of the fan boards give a damn about these leaks. Literally no extra coverage from any major outlets.

I think that the band mostly reuniting (axl,slash, & duff) kind of cursed any further major media coverage about the “not real Guns N’ Roses songs”. 

From here on out it’s either a current lineup album or nothing (as far as media coverage is concerned). 

The only eras I never saw live were the Buckethead 2002 era and the NITL current era. I really only regret never seeing the Buckethead squad with goth Robin. I saw Jesus Robin and the first show with Bumble and it was awesome. I am actually more interested in anything that comes out from the Chinese demos than anything moving new forward. I think GNR is tapped out creatively. Would rather see/hear Axl DC again, which was awesome. 

• Like 1

After listening for a while now I'll say other than the fact it was cool to hear shit we wasn't meant to hear, and the fact that a few of them were okay overall, I can see why they didn't make final cut. 

Some were okay but nothing was worth losing sleep over. 

I reckon CD was ready to go but once Axl got wind of VR starting back in 2002 he decided to put CD on hold to see what he was up against,  then when contraband dropped in 2004 he realised it kicked ass so he wasted 4 more years working on CD.   Just my opinion...

3 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I reckon CD was ready to go but once Axl got wind of VR starting back in 2002 he decided to put CD on hold to see what he was up against,  then when contraband dropped in 2004 he realised it kicked ass so he wasted 4 more years working on CD.   Just my opinion...

don't think so. something weird happened in 2002. the vma disaster + cancelled tour because of buckethead? had something to do with the whole thing. He showed the album cover in August, told fans in Leeds? that the album has 28 songs. the US Tour sold really bad. weird stuff was going on.

Interesting, so here is a tiny glimpse of the VMA rehearsals I wasnt aware of, pro-shot video certainly exists....I would definitely want to see the whole thing out of my own curiosity how it all went down especially being that I experienced the TV event back in 2002. Just out of historical purposes and being a big GNR fan, I really hope this comes out now more than ever.

Edited by ax1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still wanna see it, but this should have been let out 15 years ago... 

I find myself having perhaps stuck in my head a lot, but really not enjoying the hey hey's when I listen to it. I love hard school when I listen to it but it doesn't seem to be stuck in my head. perhaps just feels like a Chinese democracy song. It could easily be put on that album, but hard school feels like it has UYI or AFD roots to it that none of the other CD songs seem to have. 

3 hours ago, ax1 said:

Interesting, so here is a tiny glimpse of the VMA rehearsals I wasnt aware of, pro-shot video certainly exists....I would definitely want to see the whole thing out of my own curiosity how it all went down especially being that I experienced the TV event back in 2002. Just out of historical purposes and being a big GNR fan, I really hope this comes out now more than ever.

God, I remember when this happened - I was 15, just got into Guns N' Roses, and was so psyched.

Then I bought tickets to Philly. 

Whatever, still want this footage and still want rough mixes 2 so I can further dwell on what might have been.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

God, I remember when this happened - I was 15, just got into Guns N' Roses, and was so psyched.

Then I bought tickets to Philly. 

Whatever, still want this footage and still want rough mixes 2 so I can further dwell on what might have been.

I had turned 25, I waited 11 years to hear my first GNR (well somewhat GNR, lol) original song.

2 things that made this a positive memorable GNR moment, first time I heard Madagascar and my mind being blown away by Buckethead! Then I could add the memorable re-invention of the Axl rose look.

Edited by ax1

17 minutes ago, ax1 said:

I had turned 25, I waited 11 years to hear my first GNR (well somewhat GNR, lol) original song.

2 things that made this a positive memorable GNR moment, first time I heard Madagascar and my mind being blown away by Buckethead! Then I could add the memorable re-invention of the Axl rose look.

I remember feeling absolutely gutted that my favorite band was completely unrecognizable. From the unknown (at the time) band to the Mickey Mouse vocals, it was just horrid. That said. I do want to see the full rehearsal just out of curiosity. Not sure I'd actually watch more than a couple times :shrugs:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DTV88 said:

I remember feeling absolutely gutted that my favorite band was completely unrecognizable. From the unknown (at the time) band to the Mickey Mouse vocals, it was just horrid. That said. I do want to see the full rehearsal just out of curiosity. Not sure I'd actually watch more than a couple times :shrugs:

Maybe I was so gutted for so many years of absence that I was desensitized that day, lol

• Like 1

Circus Maximus has been growing on me, but Dummy and Billionaire still sound like shit to my ears.

i know it’s cool that the orchestral background of Billionaire was used as the foundation for The General... But that hip hop beat is way too prominent in the mix. It’s too distracting!

I'll watch it because besides the AFD lineup, this one is my second favorite.

Do I need to see it? Fuck no. Not worried either way to be honest.

The rough mixes have brought me back to my hardcore fandom, because the current state of things isn't doing it for me.

3 hours ago, DTV88 said:

I wasn’t old enough to be into GNR at that point but can totally imagine 90% of people watching it thinking wtf is going on?

For all of Bucketheads apparent brilliance, he was a poor look for Guns as it made the band look like a complete freak show. Add in the odd “fashion” style choice of axl and then terrible vocals and no wonder the performance got panned and ticket sales were crap

1 hour ago, dave94 said:

I wasn’t old enough to be into GNR at that point but can totally imagine 90% of people watching it thinking wtf is going on?

For all of Bucketheads apparent brilliance, he was a poor look for Guns as it made the band look like a complete freak show. Add in the odd “fashion” style choice of axl and then terrible vocals and no wonder the performance got panned and ticket sales were crap

Exactly. They didn’t make it near me in 2002, but I also didn’t go to either of the shows in 2006 when they did. It wasn’t Guns as far as I am concerned and there weren’t any albums out to judge them by. :ph34r: Talented band, just not what I grew up with. :shrugs:

10 hours ago, ax1 said:

I’d forgotten just how much of a disaster 2002 was.