2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The only possible upside to the emails leaking, would be Axl completely losing his shit on TB and finally getting rid of them.

The potential downsides aren't worth that, though.

Agreed. It would suck if there was something actually damning in there that made us think less of Axl personally.  Releasing someone’s personal communications is so uncool - and it’s so easy to be taken out of context. 

I’d hate to have a legitimate “me too” like issue with any of my favorite bands.  Ignorance is bliss, sometimes 

14 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The only possible upside to the emails leaking, would be Axl completely losing his shit on TB and finally getting rid of them.

The potential downsides aren't worth that, though.

Exactly. While I dislike TB running shit. It seems too personal to leak that stuff. FBI would be involved and could ruin any music or leaks. There's always consequences... 

2 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Agreed. It would suck if there was something actually damning in there that made us think less of Axl personally.  Releasing someone’s personal communications is so uncool - and it’s so easy to be taken out of context. 

I’d hate to have a legitimate “me too” like issue with any of my favorite bands.  Ignorance is bliss, sometimes 

Oh I'm sure there's a lot of 'ugly' comments from Axl in these emails.... the ones about Slash and the 'autobiography' detailing the break-up of the old band would probably cause some damage to the NITL line-up. They're from around the same time period where Axl called out Madison on this forum, then called Slash a 'cancer' in an interview....

I'm sure the emails are all actually out there; if I had to assume who's had access to them before today, it'd be the same person who allegedly has Axl's autobiography from these and leaked Better Gone's mp3 which is also attached to one of the emails.

Edited by Gackt

4 hours ago, Ratam said:

These leaked emails was in the Tom Zutaut locker too❓ is very rare it , or these emails belong to other people ❓  Call my attention that Axl isn't try stop this leaks.

No 

Different source.its not easy as you think to stop leaks.

So many people involved

Edited by Finck2006

5 hours ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Damn I kinda feel sorry for him. Also idk but I felt like those interview dudes were low key mocking Rick 

Yeah same, sounds like a genuinely good bloke, who passionately loves GnR.  Don't give up Rick.  Shall we start a fund me page to raise funds to send Rick to an all funds paid for trip to GnR, far away from where Gnr would expect him to go, hence they won't be looking for him.

7 hours ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Damn I kinda feel sorry for him. Also idk but I felt like those interview dudes were low key mocking Rick 

so the dude bought the music... got scammed by the dealer...

and if it was a joint buy... presumably they all shared the music... what was the point in him returning a USB stick. And why he even expose him self?

who in the end ended up with the original CDs?

and is this bloke on the forums?

Edited by username05

4 hours ago, Finck2006 said:

No 

Different source.its not easy as you think to stop leaks.

So many people involved

Then is very strange that everything suddendly leaks now. Plus songs and e-mails are both enough different things to leaks. About the e-mails it maybe have relation with some of kind the vengeance  or blackmail.

5 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

2011 if I recall

Is the content list the same as in that old Metal Sludge article from back in the day? The one with the e-mails about Beta tricking Axl, plans to sue Zack Wylde, thoughts on dissolving NuGNR, etc.? Those descriptions were funny as hell. I remember after the 20th one or so I was half expecting one to be about Axl threatening to fire himself.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Everyone heard this interview of Rick yet?

https://post.futurimedia.com/wxlp/playlist/listen-560.html

9 hours ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

2 hours ago, username05 said:

so the dude bought the music... got scammed by the dealer...

and if it was a joint buy... presumably they all shared the music... what was the point in him returning a USB stick. And why he even expose him self?

who in the end ended up with the original CDs?

and is this bloke on the forums?

I moved these 3 posts to the main CD Leak Discussion thread. Seems like a better place for all of this conversation to occur.

Yes, Rick is @axlrosefan4life on this forum.

Personally, I didn't get the impression that those guys were making fun of him in that interview. 

They should have just went the Radiohead route with this whole thing.  They could have profited from this stuff even.

For those that don't know Radiohead had a very similar thing happen and decided instead of complaining or spending time fighting it, they would just release the stuff.  You can read about it in the link.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/06/radiohead-leaked-ok-computer-material/

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

Truth is everyone one would read them if they leaked......

I honestly wouldnt. I dont even care about those Slash and Duff books. 

All I want is stuff from GNR as a band, an entity. To leak private conversations are not only a clear violation of privacy, but I bet that Axl/TB would be way more willing to handle this to the police and then really try to track down those people. It wouldn't stop the leak, but it would be treated as a much more serious violation. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GNfnR2` said:

They should have just went the Radiohead route with this whole thing.  They could have profited from this stuff even.

For those that don't know Radiohead had a very similar thing happen and decided instead of complaining or spending time fighting it, they would just release the stuff.  You can read about it in the link.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/06/radiohead-leaked-ok-computer-material/

Its not too late. If they still released an official "Locker Box Set" I would still buy it. They can add some goodies to it about that era, behind the scenes unreleased photo's and perhaps a bonus disc I would really love that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ax1 said:

Its not too late. If they still released an official "Locker Box Set" I would still buy it. They can add some goodies to it about that era, behind the scenes unreleased photo's and perhaps a bonus disc I would really love that.

Im sure theres still more than 35 differents versions of TWAT.

Just kidding, it would be cool 

30 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

What’s the story behind ‘2000 Intentions’? Was it really considered to be the name of what became CD and if so was there any suggestion as to what the track list was intended to be?

This was the first mention of that title

https://www.nme.com/news/music/guns-n-roses-358-1400687

GOOD INTENTIONS FOR 1999
Jun 21, 1999 5:09 pm BST

Re-recording of 'Sweet Child O' Mine' features debut of post-Slash band...

Guns N’ Roses return before the end of the decade with a re-recorded version of ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’, used at the end of the new Adam Sandler comedy Big Daddy.

The track uses a live version of the song recorded on the band’s last European tour before going into a new version recorded by the new G’N’R lineup.

The band – which is essentially just Axl Rose without any original Gunners – are still supposed to release their long overdue album, provisionally entitled ‘2000 Intentions’ before the end of the year.

And the second mention (and last, I think) -

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=27

Guns N' Roses 2-part article
Kerrang! 21st of August, 1999

Interestingly, sources even suggested that the album already had a title - possibly ‘Cockroach soup’ or, more realistically, ‘2000 intentions’.

So it was either bullshit or a legit album title - the name "Chinese Democracy" was announced in September 1999 and Doug Goldstein said that name was finalized 6 weeks prior

Edited by TheSeeker
  • Like 1