RussTCB

CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Ugh... What a shitty spot for the forum to be in. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Azifwekare said:

Americans like to spell things funny. Either that or dyslexia

But "Oklahoma" is an American word lmao I feel like both those words were purposely misspelled .. 

Hmm don't like many of this leaks. General? What's that? Hope the never release some of this songs. Hardschool and perhaps works for me.. But the rest.. Really? 

These emails would definitely be damaging if they got out, and could possibly cause friction within the current lineup. But then again, after all the shit the fanbase has been through, these last few years especially, fuck this band and their shitty "management".

Just now, Azifwekare said:

These emails would definitely be damaging if they got out, and could possibly cause friction within the current lineup. But then again, after all the shit the fanbase has been through, these last few years especially, fuck this band and their shitty "management".

"If"? Are they out there or no? 

Just now, RussTCB said:

"If"? Are they out there or no? 

Just the table of contents and the Better video treatment so far, at least that's what publicly leaked today.

Just now, Azifwekare said:

Just the table of contents and the Better video treatment so far, at least that's what publicly leaked today.

Gotcha. OK. Well I for one hope no personal emails get leaked. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I don't need to know the personal email stuff, but music video stuff could be interesting, the Nicholas Peterson video could have been better than the Lars thing.

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Gotcha. OK. Well I for one hope no personal emails get leaked. 

It would not bode well, neither for the band nor for the fans ,because it would turn out that the fans are bad again :(

32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Even though the content of the storage locker wasn't intended to be released by its creator, I'm glad I got to hear it. It's music.

But private e-mails are another story. As much as curious I am about what it is in them, I think making them public crosses a line.

Agreed 100%

I won't read Axl's autobiography, or any of the emails.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I respect the band's privacy, but some of the stuff listed in the table of contents sounds hilarious and must-read.  Info regarding Chinese 2 also seems important.

A terrible dilemma.  :shrugs:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Let's just make this clear.

We will not allow any discussion relating to any correspondence that was intended to be private.  This is none of our business and just as we would want others to respect our privacy we will extend the same courtesy to anyone involved with GNR.

We kindly "ask" that members do not provide any information of the contents within private documents.  This includes summaries, quotations, descriptions or anything of the kind.  

Failure to abide by this rule will result in a warning point and a seven day suspension.

We appreciate your cooperation on this matter.  

I think this is the right thing to do, nice one guys :) I've suggested the same policy to the other staff on Gnr Evo to see if they'll follow suit too. Doesn't feel right that private emails should be leaked, and this definitely crosses a line.

1 hour ago, downzy said:

We will not allow any discussion relating to any correspondence that was intended to be private.  This is none of our business and just as we would want others to respect our privacy we will extend the same courtesy to anyone involved with GNR.

We kindly "ask" that members do not provide any information of the contents within private documents.  This includes summaries, quotations, descriptions or anything of the kind.  

Failure to abide by this rule will result in a warning point and a seven day suspension.

Just for clarification, what if some of this stuff comes up in passing? Say for example:

"Oh yeah, so and so was going to be on CD2"

"How do you know that?"

"Uhhh... I'm not allowed to say..."

Or what if Axl's book leaks, or anything similar that may be included, are we not allowed to mention any previously unknown events in the band's history that it could reveal? I just want to know where we stand.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Azifwekare said:

Just for clarification, what if some of this stuff comes up in passing? Say for example:

"Oh yeah, so and so was going to be on CD2"

"How do you know that?"

"Uhhh... I'm not allowed to say..."

Or what if Axl's book leaks, or anything similar that may be included, are we not allowed to mention any previously unknown events in the band's history that it could reveal? I just want to know where we stand.

This; I'd like to know if a document comes out that gives information regarding Chinese 2 such as a tracklist (Cuban Skies, anyone?) if we need to be silent about it because it came from a leaked email.  Same goes for the other tame things, like music video ideas and Axl detailing his album plans.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If this mails leaks it would not be a smart move from the chairman.

Chairman if you read this, dont do it.

Keep searching the famous 11 songs (Cuban Skies is an instrumental)

Edited by Finck2006
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Ugh... What a shitty spot for the forum to be in. 

This sounds a shitty position for everyone associated. 

Good luck to you guys 

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Chairman, don't do it, this ain't it chief!

I want him to do it. I'm a messy bitch that lives for drama.

• Like 2

Just now, Mac daddy ax said:

chairman please do it and get tb fired please

Can he at least redact anything that makes people actually in the band look bad? 

Posted (edited)

I really want to read about Axl tearing The Pitman a new one for fucking up his shaker part, or Beta leaving Axl a trail of tacos leading into the rehearsal room.

Edited by Azifwekare

1 hour ago, downzy said:

As a reminder to anyone hoping for these emails to leak, please save yourself some trouble and read the post above.