2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

56 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else get that feeling where they think “I swear I’ve heard this before a long time ago” when they listen to atlas?

Reminds me of sweet Home Alabama and citr in some parts... maybe it simply sounds familiar because of the riffs...

• Like 1

So holy shit, it looks like the 2010 album/follow up to Chinese really is floating around. And we may hear it sooner than later. If and when the planned March release pans out, these all loose value and people are panicking. 

Edited by sofine11

5 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

So holy shit, it looks like the 2010 album/follow up to Chinese really is floating around. And we may hear it sooner than later. If and when the planned March release pans out, these all loose value and people are panicking. 

From what I've seen, the claim is made every few days then it's back to nothing. I'd love to hear it myself, but I have yet to see / hear any actual proof that anything is out there. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 9:29 AM, F*ck Fear said:

I must be late to the part but somone has pasted the rockband vocals from Chinese onto 'I'm Sorry' and '$3 Pyramid'.

It's interesting but I'll stick with the album versions

I did that with If The World's vocals on the 2009 rehearsal and it sounds fantastic, definitely how i'd prefer the studio version to be. I think 3 dollar pyramid sounds good though!

The interesting part for me is that we have no idea what's really out there.... we know about certain 'mythical' songs like The General or Seven or whatever, but we had no idea about titles like Blood In The Water, Perhaps, State Of Grace, or Eye On You, and those were in the hands of hoarders long before we heard them. It's entirely possible that CD2 songs have been floating around for months or years... and if the rumours about the NITL line-up releasing an album are true, the value of some of those songs are about to plummet, which means we're far more likely to hear them. If nothing else, it'll be interesting to see what happens between now and March 2020.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

If a 2020 album with the NITL lineup is just the 2010 album with Slash and Duff overdubs, then fucking lol

Laziest fucking band

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The interesting part for me is that we have no idea what's really out there.... we know about certain 'mythical' songs like The General or Seven or whatever, but we had no idea about titles like Blood In The Water, Perhaps, State Of Grace, or Eye On You, and those were in the hands of hoarders long before we heard them. It's entirely possible that CD2 songs have been floating around for months or years... and if the rumours about the NITL line-up releasing an album are true, the value of some of those songs are about to plummet, which means we're far more likely to hear them. If nothing else, it'll be interesting to see what happens between now and March 2020.

Maybe if all of this is true (and I'm not buying it yet), some of the songs in their "original" shape (with Buckethead or Robin) may still be hold some value. We all wanted to listen to stuff like Shanklers. 

2 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

I did that with If The World's vocals on the 2009 rehearsal and it sounds fantastic, definitely how i'd prefer the studio version to be. I think 3 dollar pyramid sounds good though!

I liked the 3 pyramid version, it's raw and has an urgency about it. Definitely goes into my boxset as a bonus track lol.

13 hours ago, RussTCB said:

From what I've seen, the claim is made every few days then it's back to nothing. I'd love to hear it myself, but I have yet to see / hear any actual proof that anything is out there. 

I think it all comes down to whether the alleged March release is real or not.  If it is, however unlikely, we could see a dumping of hoarded songs the way we did in 07 & 08 leading up to Chi Dem's release. 

Edited by sofine11

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

I think it all comes down to whether the alleged March release is real or not.  If it is, however unlikely, we could see a dumping of hoarded songs the way we did in 07 & 08 leading up to Chi Dem's release. 

I hope that turns out NOT the case as it would definitely hamper/spoil any official release regardless of who has actually recorded it. If tracks release afterwards then I can get on board with that - particularly if they are tracks not intended for ANY release at all.

As for the legitimacy of any official release, @HollyWoodRose84 answered a question over how new vocals for Atlas and HS would sound and he replied ‘Sounds just fine’ suggesting he has heard something. Could be badly worded response but his posts are usually crystal clear!

Edited by DTJ80
Added info

14 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I’m sure you’re aware of this already but the remix album (barf) was and has been done for quite some time. There was an actual plan to release this along with the second half of CD that was mixed but the reunion put the brakes on everything. Whatever “official” release we get next will be leftovers with some new ones thrown in by the current lineup. 

2 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I’m sure you’re aware of this already but the remix album (barf) was and has been done for quite some time. There was an actual plan to release this along with the second half of CD that was mixed but the reunion put the brakes on everything. Whatever “official” release we get next will be leftovers with some new ones thrown in by the current lineup. 

Have you heard anything - like, physically heard new versions of Atlas or HS....or anything new for that matter? Not asking how - just IF!!

30 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Have you heard anything - like, physically heard new versions of Atlas or HS....or anything new for that matter? Not asking how - just IF!!

Can’t answer either way. My mouth has gotten me in trouble a few times already (some of you know what I’m talking about ;)) so I’ll plead the 5th on that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Can’t answer either way. My mouth has gotten me in trouble a few times already (some of you know what I’m talking about ;)) so I’ll plead the 5th on that. 

Fair doos mate - not worth getting in trouble over. Although I’m still going to take the response in a positive manner. :headbang:

Edited by DTJ80

4 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

While I'm sad that CDII was put on hold, I think it's for the best that the remix album never got an official release. I'm glad we got them as leaks, but as an actual release it would have been savaged by critics and the public at large.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

10 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

Correct. He mentioned "hard drives galore".

So hopefully some more decent material surfaces.

I hope so. Could be some pro shoot footage of the 2002 shows too. I know the VMAs 2002 rehearsal exist, yet to leak. Maybe, maybe even CD2? 

I hope we hear back from the Chairman lol curious as to why the silence from the Chairman so suddenly...

1 hour ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

I hope so. Could be some pro shoot footage of the 2002 shows too. I know the VMAs 2002 rehearsal exist, yet to leak. Maybe, maybe even CD2? 

I hope we hear back from the Chairman lol curious as to why the silence from the Chairman so suddenly...

I have 0 interest in VMA rehearsals (I'd still watch) but '02 proshots? SIGN ME UP

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2