2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The Rough Mixes 1 version has really grown on me recently, but it still really feels like a demo overall (obviously). Brian May is the highlight of the song. It's good but it's definitely not my favourite out of the 4 'new' songs. Supposedly the 'updated' version is longer and I hope they release it eventually.

I still think the definitive version at this point is the Atlas disc with Brain on the kit. Those drums tore my face off. 

I'm guessing the mix will be a lot better, guitar's much more prominent, but I hope that when it does see the light of day, that it still possesses the same charm that the demos have. 

Not sure whose drums I prefer on Atlas, maybe Brain, but I like all that extra organ/synth/whatever it is on the Rough Mixes CD1 version. Typical of ChiDem songs where they start off with a lot of synth which then gets removed and/or replaced with live orchestra arrangements (worked out for the better with TWAT in my opinion and with mixed results with Prostitute).

• GNFNR 1

37 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Is the RM1 Atlas newer than the Brain/Josh separate ones? For me the RM1 Atlas is the worst of them. Has a weird echoey vibe along with more amateur (albeit louder) guitar work.

RM01 would have been the first mix with Josh on the kit - all of them would have been subject to change and just exactly what it says on the tin, a 'rough mix'. The Rough Mix disc has a second, more polished mix. The Atlas disc has Brain on the kit and a mix that has made look at life in a completely different way :lol:

6 hours ago, Dean said:

RM01 would have been the first mix with Josh on the kit - all of them would have been subject to change and just exactly what it says on the tin, a 'rough mix'. The Rough Mix disc has a second, more polished mix. The Atlas disc has Brain on the kit and a mix that has made look at life in a completely different way :lol:

Fair point, thanks for that. I like it less because I think the guitars suck compared to the other versions.

• GNFNR 1

Quick questions regarding recent leaks: is it safe to assume that all the songs/Mixes, that josh played on, were beaven Mixes?

And vise versa, all the beaven mixes, had josh on drums? 

And what dates did beaven start/end,. And RTB start/end. 

Thanks in advance for assistance with these questions? 

Edited by jimisbatman

10 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Quick questions regarding recent leaks: is it safe to assume that all the songs/Mixes, that josh played on, were beaven Mixes?

And vise versa, all the beaven mixes, had josh on drums? 

And what dates did beaven start/end,. And RTB start/end. 

Thanks in advance for assistance with these questions? 

No, there is a crossover with Beaven and RTB being involved in the project at the same time and some RTB mixes with JOSH drums eg Chinese 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dean said:

Just re-listened to them and the RM01 version of Atlas is definitely Brain’s take!

On 11/01/2020 at 2:05 PM, TheSeeker said:

The track is dated 3/27/2000 - Brain wasn't hired until October 2000

Educate yourself:

On 11/01/2020 at 1:55 PM, Dean said:

Hmm, not too sure on that. I’d say it’s Josh!

Gentlemen - please accept my apologies. I waited a couple days to get home and get my laptop so I could open up audacity and put them all together to prove my point and at the most basic level I actually had the labels on my iPhone wrong (I had the Brain version incorrectly labelled as Atlas Shrugged (1999) - all kinds of wrong... the Josh version as Atlas Shrugged (2001) - again, wrong - and Atlas Shrugged (RM01)). When you guys were saying "its Josh", I'm thinking you were mad because the opening toms are SO different between the two. Glad you made me go and check it and prove me wrong ha! To all the others I can definitely say it's Josh! Funny as well as this was always my one example where I thought the Brain drums were better than Josh, now I realise I had it wrong all along.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 3

On 20/01/2020 at 6:45 PM, Finck2006 said:

From the instrumentals they have a lot of potential specially

Tonto

Me & My Elvis

D Tune (this probably will have other name now)

Curly Shuffle (this probably too)

Zodiac

Quicksong 

Don't forget Oklahoma

• GNFNR 1

Really want to hear a finished version of Nothing.  Love Axl's vocal melody and the way he's singing in his natural voice.  The song sounds like the love child of Patience/D'yer Mak'er/Rod Stewart.  Some improvements would be the addition of guitars and real drums. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dogman said:

Really want to hear a finished version of Nothing.  Love Axl's vocal melody and the way he's singing in his natural voice.  The song sounds like the love child of Patience/D'yer Mak'er/Rod Stewart.  Some improvements would be the addition of guitars and real drums. 

I've been playing that a lot the past week or two. Love his voice on it.