2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

8 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I could see Guns using the leaks as an excuse for no new music. But realistically new music probably wasn’t going to happen either way.

Why? How? If anything, leaks are a reason to put out stuff earlier. Not the other way round.

7 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why? How? If anything, leaks are a reason to put out stuff earlier. Not the other way round.

Axl could easily turn around and say the leaks sabotaged the album and now they have to take some time to make decisions etc.

I'm fully ready to read that quote from him come March.

Edited by jackparker123
Update

I heard the leaks that I got, but only the unheard songs, now I'm hearing the 99 demos of TWAT, SOD, etc and ...wtf, are better than in the final album, love it. Sorry for Bucket, Mantia and Bumblefoot, but I prefer that remove them from the album.

Edit: I just listened Brain remixes, couldn't end any of them, perhaps If The World is admissible. God thanks that this never was realeased under Guns N' Roses name.

Edited by axljungle

On 2/5/2020 at 6:48 AM, TMAC20 said:

Am I the only that thinks the reason the band shutdown all YT videos and such is because the band had already recorded a albums worth of material with Axls old voice - hell I have no clue just asking 

I heard “ Hard School “ for a minute and don’t remember any of it - never heard another leak 

Slash has stated recording is done  but don’t know what to due with it 

Maybe the leaks costed us a album 

Just my opinion but what the hell do I know 

The leaks were only listened to by a portion of the hardcore GNR fan base, I don't think the leaks would or most importantly, should have an impact on new material in any way.  Even if hypothetically 80 percent of the material from the Village Sessions were repurposes for the new album, I don't think it should be something that would effect the time table or decisions already made

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhazUp said:

The leaks were only listened to by a portion of the hardcore GNR fan base, I don't think the leaks would or most importantly, should have an impact on new material in any way.  Even if hypothetically 80 percent of the material from the Village Sessions were repurposes for the new album, I don't think it should be something that would effect the time table or decisions already made

Totally agree, only hardcore fans get the leaks, and most of us will buy every record GNR release.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, overall the 'remix album' sucked, but the This I Love remix definitely has the best vocals Axl has recorded since 1994. He sounds absolutely incredible on that track. They really should've released that one as a bonus track or something.

'This I Love' is a song that I refuse to listen to the album version.

Why couldn't Axl have just cut a vocal like the remix? He sang it basically the same live in 2010. I don't get it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, overall the 'remix album' sucked, but the This I Love remix definitely has the best vocals Axl has recorded since 1994. He sounds absolutely incredible on that track. They really should've released that one as a bonus track or something.

8 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Why couldn't Axl have just cut a vocal like the remix? He sang it basically the same live in 2010. I don't get it.

THE BEST vocals I have ever heard from him, studio or live, period. Absolutely mind-blowing, gooseflesh-inducing, tears-eliciting rendition, about which the only negative thing is that it hasn't been and probably won't ever be officially released, with some proper music. Typical Axl. Brings you bliss and anger at the same time. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

THE BEST vocals I have ever heard from him, studio or live, period. Absolutely mind-blowing, gooseflesh-inducing, tears-eliciting rendition, about which the only negative thing is that it hasn't been and probably won't ever be officially released, with some proper music. Typical Axl. Brings you bliss and anger at the same time. 

I appreciate those vocals from a technical standpoint and the emotion is there too, but idk, it's too much for what the song required imo. Less dynamics compared to the official version, it's mostly full on and it feels like it's too aggressive.

36 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I appreciate those vocals from a technical standpoint and the emotion is there too, but idk, it's too much for what the song required imo. Less dynamics compared to the official version, it's mostly full on and it feels like it's too aggressive.

Then again, what do we know about what the original music version for this particular vocal take was like? Maybe the stuff from around 2000, maybe something that was reworked later. Or was it sooner? Thing is, we don't really know for sure the exact year this recording is from. The "Brain remix" is just a very weak reference point after all. And whatever it was he worked with at that time, we don't know the actual age of the recordings anyway. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

The vocals on the album version are actually pretty good, I just wish there wasn't so many layers of that vocal track. It's like he tried to make it sound 'grand' or 'epic', and it just came off cheesy.

But the remix version is a whole different beast, and those kind of vocals work way better with the simplistic beat and no guitars/orchestra/etc IMO. It's a shame he never released the remix, or even a live version from 2010. It's kind of ironic that the most emotional versions of that song never got released.

53 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Where do the movie quotes from Devious Bastard come from?

The one that says "Every man has his technique" is from a 1977 martial arts movie.

http://www.coolasscinema.com/2016/06/return-of-chinese-boxer-1977-review.html

(I didn't know it, I just looked for it and I haven't seen the movie, so there may be more quotes from it).

Edited by Blackstar

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The vocals on the album version are actually pretty good, I just wish there wasn't so many layers of that vocal track. It's like he tried to make it sound 'grand' or 'epic', and it just came off cheesy.

But the remix version is a whole different beast, and those kind of vocals work way better with the simplistic beat and no guitars/orchestra/etc IMO. It's a shame he never released the remix, or even a live version from 2010. It's kind of ironic that the most emotional versions of that song never got released.

I prefer the vocals of the album version. You actually feel his pain when you listen to it.

The remix version is emotionless. It's technically nice and you gotta love the rasp. But it sounds like he's just jamming there. No pain in his voice whatsoever. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The one that says "Every man has his technique" is from a 1977 martial arts movie.

http://www.coolasscinema.com/2016/06/return-of-chinese-boxer-1977-review.html

(I didn't know it, I just looked for it and I haven't seen the movie, so there may be more quotes from it).

Thanks! I wonder where “Rio was beautiful” comes from.

I think among all the "new" songs that came out of the leaks, the real lost gem is Catcher in the Rye.

I mean, as fans, how long have we all waited for a high quality version of Catcher with Brian May?  Since the day the original leaked.  While I love Ron's solo during the last verse, the album version is a muddled mess.  The mix on this version is better and the layers are *somewhat* toned down, but best of all we get the May contributions.  Not to mention that little synth breakdown before the solo is WAY better on this version than on the album version.

The only thing better from the album version are the drums.  But they were mixed too low anyway...

Edited by dogman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2020 at 5:41 PM, axljungle said:

Totally agree, only hardcore fans get the leaks, and most of us will buy every record GNR release.

I totally agree with this

and while we bitch and blah blah blah all the time about the leaks and neverending tour and same setlist, we will forget all of this when they release something... well if they release at all 😊

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 3:09 PM, dogman said:

I think among all the "new" songs that came out of the leaks, the real lost gem is Catcher in the Rye.

I mean, as fans, how long have we all waited for a high quality version of Catcher with Brian May?  Since the day the original leaked.  While I love Ron's solo during the last verse, the album version is a muddled mess.  The mix on this version is better and the layers are *somewhat* toned down, but best of all we get the May contributions.  Not to mention that little synth breakdown before the solo is WAY better on this version than on the album version.

The only thing better from the album version are the drums.  But they were mixed too low anyway...

It's definitely way better. Nothing can ever recapture the feeling that first shitty demo gave me though. I played it over and over and never got sick of it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Rick claimed this is what he was told by this ‘Robert Bird’. Based on what happened when the Village Sessions started leaking, I tend to listen to what he has to say. However, what I don’t get is why this name is getting bandied about so publicly - even by Rick? Unless it’s an alias? It would just mean it 10x more likely this person would get contacted/shut down surely?

Which is why I don’t believe those ‘e-mails’ with the addresses.

5 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Rick claimed this is what he was told by this ‘Robert Bird’. Based on what happened when the Village Sessions started leaking, I tend to listen to what he has to say. However, what I don’t get is why this name is getting bandied about so publicly - even by Rick? Unless it’s an alias? It would just mean it 10x more likely this person would get contacted/shut down surely?

This individual has gone public and told his version of the story and that he got contacted by lawyers when the leaks happened (look for Storage Diaries podcast). His name was mentioned publicly before he went public himself, though.

• Like 1