2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This individual has gone public and told his version of the story and that he got contacted by lawyers when the leaks happened (look for Storage Diaries podcast). His name was mentioned publicly before he went public himself, though.

👍 Good to know. If this person DOES have this material, if it’s publicly known that means it’s unlikely to surface surely? That way it would be traced back to him - unless there was a case of the hard disk contents already being copied/replicated do more difficult to ‘pin on anyone’?

Just imagine one day, 700-800 GNR songs leaking onto the internet at once 🤣

Seriously though, it would be great to know roughly how many of these songs offer us something genuinely interesting, i.e actually new songs / totally unheard takes.

Edited by jackparker123

6 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Just imagine one day, 700-800 GNR songs leaking onto the internet at once 🤣

Seriously though, it would be great to know roughly how many of these songs offer us something genuinely interesting, i.e actually new songs / totally unheard takes.

Rick mentioned a few that had vocals - Zodiac and Oklahoma were mentioned.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

31 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I’ve listened to the podcast from Bird. I can’t see that he’s going to sell, assuming he does have other tracks. He was quite scathing of guns fans and unheard material. 

And that's what this really all boils down to. If you listen to his podcast, you see that he really doesn't think much of the GN'R fan base. I can't see the guy being in any sort of hurry to engage with GN'R fans again. 

15 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Where can that podcast be heard?

You should be able to just Google "Storage Diaries Podcast" and it'll come up. 

Edit-

I also wanted to mention that I removed a few posts from the thread just now. From my limited knowledge of the locker situation, I see absolutely no reason why anyone would insult Robert (the person who bought the locker to begin with). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Because he's a hoarder?

LOL, he's not a hoarder. He's a guy who bought a locker and lucked into a bunch of unreleased GN'R songs. 

He then made some deals with GN'R fans who seemingly turned him off to wanting to deal with fans any further. 

I don't know the guy (locker owner). I've never interacted with him and I really don't have any reason to ever do so. So I have no reason to defend him. I'm just going by what I've heard of the situation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Michael Van Gerwen said:

Not at all, it's 48 new songs with vocals. some including Slash

If theres any truth to that, Ill get over my quarantine depression and be interested again, assuming it leaks somehow :lol:

26 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, he's not a hoarder. He's a guy who bought a locker and lucked into a bunch of unreleased GN'R songs. 

He then made some deals with GN'R fans who seemingly turned him off to wanting to deal with fans any further. 

I don't know the guy (locker owner). I've never interacted with him and I really don't have any reason to ever do so. So I have no reason to defend him. I'm just going by what I've heard of the situation.

I love how some people get angry when someone has unreleased material and they choose to keep it to themselves. Like the fans are “ “owed” the material to leak. It’s very entertaining. 

On 2/5/2020 at 10:01 AM, AxlRoseCDII said:

I could see Guns using the leaks as an excuse for no new music. But realistically new music probably wasn’t going to happen either way.

False 

• Like 1

Just now, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Axl hoards unreleased for decades. People acquire this music and keep it to themselves. Why is it weird that fans would be angry with this?

So Axl is a hoarder now? 

I’m still trying to see your point as to how fans are owed this unreleased music to leak before it comes out officially? 

They aren't owed anything, but someone getting their hands on something has a chance to make a lot of people either happy or mildly interested for a bit. It's not morally right and blah blah blah, but it feels like the only sodding way to actually hear music sometimes. 

• Like 1