2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

3 minutes ago, Faxl Rows said:

They aren't owed anything, but someone getting their hands on something has a chance to make a lot of people either happy or mildly interested for a bit. It's not morally right and blah blah blah, but it feels like the only sodding way to actually hear music sometimes. 

The guy, Robert is just a locker buyer, it's how he makes a living. I'm sure if he was offered the right price he would sell. I don't blame the guy for making as much as he can tbh

• Like 3

Just now, Faxl Rows said:

They aren't owed anything, but someone getting their hands on something has a chance to make a lot of people either happy or mildly interested for a bit. It's not morally right and blah blah blah, but it feels like the only sodding way to actually hear music sometimes. 

I’m going to go on record and state that I was actually happy and relieved when the leaks happened. I thought it would finally cause people to keep their negative mouths shut and be a little more positive but as we can see the opposite happened. Whoever gets their hands on whatever it’s their choice to do whatever they want with it. A lot of people say “well maybe the leaks will push the band to release new material ASAP.”  When the 2006 leaks happened, that wasn’t the case. It didn’t cause a release to happen prematurely. The leaks weren’t planned like some people still believe.
The same goes for the forthcoming album. These leaks won’t make a band that was already on track to release new material release it sooner than originally scheduled. 

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

The guy, Robert is just a locker buyer, it's how he makes a living. I'm sure if he was offered the right price he would sell. I don't blame the guy for making as much as he can tbh

Exactly my point! It’s up to the individual who has the goods to do whatever he/she pleases. People get so angry over nothing sometimes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

People want GNR leaks because Axl never releases anything. Axl has only had two releases in the past two decades, OMG and CD, and neither of them he approved being released. If he had his way there would still probably be zero releases. And you're seriously using the "you aren't owed anything" cliche? On to my ignore list you go.

Yes. You are NOT OWED ANYTHING. 

The “ignore” list thing is cute. I hope it brings you much joy. Too bad you’ll never be the first to know of any real “news” anymore. 
;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Too bad you’ll never be the first to know of any real “news” anymore. 

What kind of news exactly? Like, “Alex got a few pounds during quarantine!”?

cause theres no news with this band lol

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

There is definitely truth to this (not in reference to anything about to leak that I know of) A lot of stuff with Slash has been recorded already. 

It's not the 1st time you try to talk like you know things. But yeah, seems kinda logical that "a lot of stuff with Slash" "has been recorded already" with Slash.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

It's not the 1st time you try to talk like you know things. But yeah, seems kinda logical that "a lot of stuff with Slash" "has been recorded already" with Slash.

Yeah, if this is true it would seem to be in reference to mid 90s stuff with Slash, not necessarily something they came back to recently. Though it would be funny (and creepy) if over the years since Slash left Axl had used Slash's unused 1996 instrumentals to record multiple new songs. I remember some user here had said Axl had somewhat of a "crazy ex girlfriend" attitude with Slash during the breakup but that would be taking it to a whole new level.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • GNFNR 1

From listening to the guy's podcast I got the impression that he's not even exactly aware of what kind of material he sold and he thinks it's from the 80s, because he doesn't know much about the band and has heard only about Zutaut's involvement back then.

9 hours ago, DTV88 said:

700-800 songs? I call bullshit 

Why would you call bullshit lol  You have some of the lockerroom discs and see how many verisions of the same song there all.

That is all it would be, something like

Oklahoma V1

Oklahoma Vocals up

Oklahoma vocals down

Oklahoma drums up

Oklahoma drums down

Oklahoma w BH

Oklahoma wout BH

Oklahoma Freese

Oklahoma brain

etc etc

It would just be like 40-50 songs with 10 different versions of each.

You really cant see that.

Edited by gnfnr2k
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, janrichmond said:

This is the thing. Surely he would sell ‘if the price was right’ and any interested buyer wasn’t acting like a lunatic?

Actually - why have TB/GNR reps not ‘bought them back’?

11 hours ago, DTV88 said:

700-800 songs? I call bullshit 

Why?

(...)

Zodiac (+0,5 dB drums)

Zodiac (+1,0 dB drums)

Zodiac (+ 1,5 dB drums)

Zodiac (- 0,5 dB drums)

Zodiac (- 1,0 dB drums)

Zodica (- 1,5 dB drums)

(...)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, he's not a hoarder. He's a guy who bought a locker and lucked into a bunch of unreleased GN'R songs. 

He then made some deals with GN'R fans who seemingly turned him off to wanting to deal with fans any further. 

I don't know the guy (locker owner). I've never interacted with him and I really don't have any reason to ever do so. So I have no reason to defend him. I'm just going by what I've heard of the situation.

Exactly. Whilst I'm VERY grateful for the music we got to finally hear last year I can't help but wonder what we might be listening to now had the situation been handled differently and with more discretion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Creed said:

48 songs make a triple CD or 2 double albums. But lets be honest, folks. There isnt hit material on it.

700-800 song ideas finally explain the 14,000,000$ CD production costs.

It may be 700-800 but how many are just slight modifications of drums etc ala Village Sessions?

8 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

It may be 700-800 but how many are just slight modifications of drums etc ala Village Sessions?

Tracks with studio talk / discussion would also be fascinating I think, as it would give us an insight into Axls thought process at the time, and how it changed over the course of the sessions.

I'd kill for a boxset and accompanying documentary of the whole Chinese Democracy project / sessions.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Creed said:

48 songs make a triple CD or 2 double albums. But lets be honest, folks. There isnt hit material on it.

Here's my honest take on it: If there is more music of similar quality as Hardschool, Quick Song and State of Grace still in the vault, then I really, really, really hope we get to hear it some time because those songs are among the best GN'R has ever recorded.

• Like 2

If we put it bluntly - surely if someone had enough money the guy would sell? He has no emotional attachment to the items and just lucked out on the contents he got. Surely if someone matched his valuation it should be as easy as that? In the same way someone might want to buy a table n’ chairs off the guy?! He is not a traditional ‘hoarder’ - just someone in possession of something of value to a select element of the population.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Here's my honest take on it: If there is more music of similar quality as Hardschool, Quick Song and State of Grace still in the vault, then I really, really, really hope we get to hear it some time because those songs are among the best GN'R has ever recorded.

You think those songs are that good! Fair play to ya. I don't have them up there but definitely great tunes and I wanna hear more. 

Not having the songs on a official CD takes something special away for me. 

• Like 1

Just leak it already.... 2020 is a rite off..no album incoming... Give the real fans sum cheer in these dark days, cant go out..so sum music to listen too during isolation would help... The instrumentals [mostly] were awesome and deserve to be heard with lyrics..this stuff is what chi dem lacked.. The person who has is please just release it all...