2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

7 minutes ago, WildStar said:

You think those songs are that good! Fair play to ya. I don't have them up there but definitely great tunes and I wanna hear more. 

Not having the songs on a official CD takes something special away for me. 

Definitely State of Grace. Granted, we don't have the final vocal version of Quick Song, but the instrumentation and Bucket's solos, as well as the vocal melody, makes it into my top 20 GN'R songs. Not so sure about Hardscool, though, but it is a great song.

To me the songs are great regardless of whether they are official or not. Music is music.

5 minutes ago, Creed said:

I doubt that there is better stuff on it ... the Marco Beltrami stuff is probably the holy grail. But for the rest...don't think. Plus, dont forget the Mickey voice on all of them. The 2010 CD is the better choice vocally...

It makes no sense to me that the songs that did leak were the best of the bunch. 

And Axl's vocals on State of Grace, Eye on You, Nothing, and the scratch vocals on Quick Song are magnificent in my opinion. I wouldn't mind more songs with such blasting vocals.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, marinergtfc said:

This is very simple.

leak the fucking lot.

badda-bing badda bong betty boo,

the end.

The dude who has it has almost zero interest in GNR. Hell - he may not even like music for all we know. It APPEARS simple - someone buys the content and they can leak it as they please.

@axlrosefan4life Has he indicated how much he wants?

Edited by DTJ80

3 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

It ain't that easy.

Look how fast Guns cracked down on Rick and are now looking to have him locked up /fined in a BIG way 

Do we really know that’s the case - we all know about the banning of gigs but that’s about it.

And regarding the HDD - no idea of the legalities as the item was bought legitimately. Don’t know about the ‘content’?

6 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

Why would you call bullshit lol  You have some of the lockerroom discs and see how many verisions of the same song there all.

That is all it would be, something like

Oklahoma V1

Oklahoma Vocals up

Oklahoma vocals down

Oklahoma drums up

Oklahoma drums down

Oklahoma w BH

Oklahoma wout BH

Oklahoma Freese

Oklahoma brain

etc etc

It would just be like 40-50 songs with 10 different versions of each.

You really cant see that.

That is not 700-800 songs. That would be x number of songs with xx number of versions :shrugs:

• GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

That is not 700-800 songs. That would be x number of songs with xx number of versions :shrugs:

Thing is - the person who has advised this appears to have no interest in GNR so would likely have looked at the contents and saw 700+ items without breaking it down.

That said - the figure of 48 full songs with vocals must mean some kind of interrogation of the data has taken place.

28 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Thing is - the person who has advised this appears to have no interest in GNR so would likely have looked at the contents and saw 700+ items without breaking it down.

That said - the figure of 48 full songs with vocals must mean some kind of interrogation of the data has taken place.

48 songs is mental.

We've basically been cheated out of at least 3 studio albums by GNR over the years.

I'm thankful we at least got a peak at the stockpile last September.

I don't get the thing about the guy (Bird, Robert, whatever his name is). If he has no interest in GNR, it's all good. But why would he sit on those hundreds of tracks for no reason then? He doesn't have to deal with all the GNR hardcore fanbase drama. It's just a matter of how much he wants and who wants to buy it. 

Also, we're talking about digital files. He can sell it to more than one person with ease. 

I'm not saying I'm pro-leaking, I honestly think we had more than enough demos last year. Of course I'm curious and would listen, the New GNR era is my favorite. But the rehearsals video would really be interesting for me. I don't believe there's Axl singing on those, but at least seeing that band's creative process would really be fun. As an amateur musician myself, that would be really exciting to watch.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I don't get the thing about the guy (Bird, Robert, whatever his name is). If he has no interest in GNR, it's all good. But why would he sit on those hundreds of tracks for no reason then? He doesn't have to deal with all the GNR hardcore fanbase drama. It's just a matter of how much he wants and who wants to buy it. 

Also, we're talking about digital files. He can sell it to more than one person with ease. 

I'm not saying I'm pro-leaking, I honestly think we had more than enough demos last year. Of course I'm curious and would listen, the New GNR era is my favorite. But the rehearsals video would really be interesting for me. I don't believe there's Axl singing on those, but at least seeing that band's creative process would really be fun. As an amateur musician myself, that would be really exciting to watch.

That’s exactly what I was saying - surely it’s a case of ‘name your price’ like we would do if he was flogging anything else from a locker sale?

It seems he has zero emotional attachment to it so note sure why he doesn’t just sell it. In which case TB/Gergen SHOULD be all over it.....

4 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Exposing the name of the person who owns a hard drive with 600 unreleased Gn’R songs on the biggest Gn’R forum which is monitored constantly by Gn’R management may be the most retarded thing I’ve ever seen here.

This dude will probably get an offer from Team Brazil that no other fan can top, and that’s it. That’s literally his job. He is not a Gn’R fan, he won’t sell it for less than what he is offered, and that’s thanks to the smart-ass who decided to make this public.

For what's its worth he (the locker owner) has his own podcast where he detailed everything back in January and I believe he said his name during it. 

I totally get your point though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

48 songs is mental.

We've basically been cheated out of at least 3 studio albums by GNR over the years.

I'm thankful we at least got a peak at the stockpile last September.

A lot of artists have a ton of working songs, even with vocals. It doesn’t necessarily mean they are good enough for release or perhaps not fitting some theme for an album. Sometimes they write the same type of song a few times over and pick the best one to move fwd with.  So it’s possible that it’s not as simple as they had multiple albums ready to be released 

While it will be interesting to hear these (and they very well could contain stuff that should be released), let’s not jump to conclusions of what it is until it’s heard. I hope we eventually hear this stuff officially or through other means 

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

That’s exactly what I was saying - surely it’s a case of ‘name your price’ like we would do if he was flogging anything else from a locker sale?

It seems he has zero emotional attachment to it so note sure why he doesn’t just sell it. In which case TB/Gergen SHOULD be all over it.....

It's just speculation from my part, but at this point, I think he probably already made several deals with it. And now we're talking about real hoarders, who most likely are trying to get something else. Or maybe people are afraid after what happened with Rick. Who knows. I don't.

19 hours ago, RussTCB said:

And that's what this really all boils down to. If you listen to his podcast, you see that he really doesn't think much of the GN'R fan base. I can't see the guy being in any sort of hurry to engage with GN'R fans again. 

I can't say I blame him.

• GNFNR 2

Depends when this hard drive is from. If it's from the same era then there won't be a great deal of new stuff. Aside from maybe older versions, Beaven stuff and the previously mentioned video footage. 

The most exciting thing is possibly having files of how CD began. Imagine those first sessions. That night Pitman played the rift to Madagasgar in 98. 

Also remember in 2008 when Sebastian was talking about them possibly doing a reality Show, saying they had 100s if hours of video footage? Studio vid footage?! 

We have one photo from the whole ten year recording period. One. 

• Like 1