RussTCB

CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

36 minutes ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Yep.. #covidleaks ?

Yep. Or new music either way.

I'd very happily PAY money. Yes Axl and Fernando - I will give money (quite a lot relatively compared to what I normally spend on music) for unreleased Chinese Democracy music. 

But... no formal releases just facilitates leaks.

"Life always finds a way".

• Like 2

Let’s hope something finds its way. Life’s too fuckin short. I wonder how many Guns fans have died from COVID waiting for new music?

• Like 1

This was posted at another forum. Thoughts?

“Rick Dunsford went to Tom Zutaut's dealership a month or so ago.

He bought three tracks from him: Zodiac 13 w/ vocals, an alternate demo of Hard School with a different vocal take, and an Axl piano ballad for $3k.

Zodiac 13 w/ vocals is described as similar to Oh My God, mean vocals, very angry.

Hard school has raspy verses. It got the This I Love treatment pretty much.

Tom Zutaut has over 400 CDs from the Village era. ”

We literally had this "Rick went to Zutaut's dealership and got more songs" trolling two months ago, how the fuck are people falling for it again?

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

We literally had this "Rick went to Zutaut's dealership and got more songs" trolling two months ago, how the fuck are people falling for it again?

Because people are desperate with GNR

So need a hope.

I was done with GNR  but the recent leaks make me feel interested again

Edited by Finck2006

1 hour ago, All Cautions Made said:

He bought three tracks from him: Zodiac 13 w/ vocals, an alternate demo of Hard School with a different vocal take, and an Axl piano ballad for $3k.

Zodiac 13 w/ vocals is described as similar to Oh My God, mean vocals, very angry.

He is stupid but I doubt he is that stupid he already has a lawsuit on his hands

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, All Cautions Made said:

:drool:
Although, it seems a bit implausible - would @axlrosefan4life get involved after all the hubbub from last time??

How did the song descriptions get out unless just made up?

To counter that argument - a bit odd the three songs are made up of two already out there in some form. Surely if this was made up it would be a bit more WOW like The General (unsure if it existed then)?

Regardless - Zodiac with vocals would be awesome. It’s one of my favourite tracks. Hardschool would be interesting I guess but a full on rasp would be a no-go live I reckon these days. The rehearsal clip seems to match the current version which makes sense.

Edited by DTJ80

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, All Cautions Made said:

If true, it only confirms that the whole Zutaut forgot to pay for his locker fee was just made up by Zutaut ;)

3 tracks for 3k is such a bad deal. + making it public...Is Rick really that dumb? I'm pretty sure he recorded Zutaut while test driving a shitty Hyundai to blackmail him afterwards. Rick, seriously, be more secret...

Edited by Creed

3 minutes ago, Creed said:

If true, it only confirms that the whole Zutaut forgot to pay for his locker fee was just made up by Zutaut ;)

3 tracks for 3k is such a bad deal. Is Rick really that dumb?

Or he has a lot of money and doesnt give a fuck about 3K

3 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Or he has a lot of money and doesnt give a fuck about 3K

Sure. Rick isnt rich and he will try to sell the tracks for the same amount of money.

It's honestly more probable that Zutaut is just selling stuff as opposed to the whole convoluted locker story. Who fucking knows. 

I'd be stoked to have Zodiac with vocals either way

Again, why is anyone believing this? What is the original source? Unless someone has proof Rick said this himself it seems like absolute BS.

I haven't listened to Street Of Dreams for a few years, but I've been listening to The Blues (Rough Mixes 1) a lot lately. It was such a great song before the years of overproduction fucked it up.

• Like 3

I found a few new interesting tidbits about the album on another forum. 

See the posts here by 'Key West', who claims to have worked in a studio where the album was being mastered:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-discussion.368226/page-13

I have no idea if 'Key West' is legit, hut here are his main points:

- There is another song which noone is yet aware of (I think) called '100 Cuban Skies' 

- Something was being prepared for a release in 2006

- The poster pours cold water on the idea that a trilogy of albums was planned. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sausagebrain said:

See the posts here by 'Key West', who claims to have worked in a studio where the album was being mastered:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-discussion.368226/page-13

- There is another song which noone is yet aware of (I think) called '100 Cuban Skies' 

Some interesting quotes:

"I have worked with Dan Monti from 2006 to July 2009 before returning to my country. A pic of those sheets with him were on my Motorola V3 many years ago."

"There were like 80 takes from vocal sketches from Rose that last some few minutes. I remember a song called "Silkworms", barely has any lyrics on it. A song called "Devious Bastard" in 2006 that last only one minute and a half with Rose screaming all over it."

"I've heard about that Chinese Democracy triloghy story. By the end of 2006, when Monti finished to write the final music to some of the Bucket's tunes, there were only like 23/24 songs with complete vocals and really FINISHED. Here is what I had in the top of my head:

The 14 released songs plus a reworked Oh My God. A screamo song called Silkworms (barely has any lyrics on it; seems unfinished) I remember a title called Atlas Shrugged, also leaked last year. Some of the Bucket songs have replaced those tunes, like "Shackler's Revenge" and others. Another title was called Elvis Presley, Oklahoma and Jackie Chan. I've never heard any of these songs. The famous The General and a curious title 100 Cuban Skies. Those 8/9 songs were slated as "B material". The best of the bunch has been released on november 2008.

Three albums for 23/24 songs? Yeah right. Already one disc has only 14 songs. I don't know what Rose had in mind in those years. That album is so old now. Maybe a bonus disc with those 8 unreleased songs is welcome."

7 minutes ago, Sausagebrain said:

100 Cuban Skies was mentioned in a thread here: (The poster met Axl rose, and was asked if he played any music that didn't make CD for him)

"Yeah one called 100 Cuban Skies about cigars... weird right? Showed me about 8 demos in his Ferrari - what a strange night - told me all about Rhiad and the Bedouins and what it was about... we talked about Izzy and his work ethic, Slash, Shannon Hoon... he was by himself and two buddies and I sat at his table at a bar called Sharkeys... the reason he invited us to sit with him is because I had heard The Blues (street of dreams) on a rock in rio 2002 bootleg - I asked about it and he was impressed I knew it"

Source:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/nicest-most-personable-musician-youve-met.447377/page-54

"Cuban Skies" was also listed on a "CD2" songlist that I have had for years, and it leaked recently. The songlist itself was from early 2008.

If i remember correctly, cuban skies was first mentioned in that weird carebear video from MSL, a few years ago.....

• Thanks 1

Hmm... The guy says that by the end of 2006 there were 23/24 songs with full vocals, and says that Silkworms didn't have full vocals. However, in the list he posted earlier ("Songs stated in two parts for final mastering in 26 feb 2006") there are 26 different titles including Silkworms. If Silkworms was stated for final mastering, doesn't it mean it had full vocals? Something doesn't add up here. Then he listed 4 titles which he says didn't have vocals at the time (Feb. 26), and among them are TIL and Lies They Tell that made the album (so, if this information is taken in face value, the vocals on those two were recorded after that time). Shackler's Revenge (which he says in the other post that was added later) is not included in the "final mastering" list. 

So, based on his somewhat confusing posts, the songs that remain are not 8-9. If there were 26 songs with vocals in early 2006, according to his list, plus three that had vocals recorded later, there were 29 songs with vocals in 2008 (supposing Axl didn't record anything else) - of which 14 made the album and one was Oh My God. So there were 14 more completed songs.