2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

2 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

Wow really?  When did this happen?  Is OMG a lot different?  I want to hear these pretty bad.

omg is vocally same as 99 but instrumentals more industrial. Silkworms has a different chorus and is like "punk industrial"

Edited by Fashionista
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I would assume everyone understands this but I want to say again: our only concern in this is the legal trouble, that's why we have strict rules on links and PM requests. 

I'm 100% certain the songs will make their way around, it's the internet after all, just be patient :)

Axl would be the biggest twat to sue over these ancient relic ass songs.

Thank god silkworms is finally out there though.

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Bucket's additions to OMG are pretty awesome. Shame the quality isn't better, but beggars can't be choosers. I'd love to hear more of the 2000-2002 album.

Yeah, it is the "2000 Intentions" era 100%. Raw demos, infinished, but like a kick in the chest!

38 minutes ago, there is no dana only zool said:

Is there anyone in this thread that's in high school that could somehow hijack their PA system and play these tracks between classes so we can gauge peoples' reactions? (please God let there be some people who've been around here long enough to get the reference....) 

Will there be people dancing in the halls? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Will there be people dancing in the halls? 

hahaha YES lol.  But honestly though, thinking back, there's a possibility that story could have been true.  I mean, you figure, highschools probably don't play music in between classes so if indeed that poster played CD tracks that time, I could imagine some little dickweed highschoolers being funny and dancing and stuff.  Or I mean, Hell, why wouldn't anybody?  I would have, haha.

But on topic though, again, it's really awesome to hear these songs.

Analysis:

Oh My God - The intro is a bit different and the overall sound is a bit more grunge. The guitars have a different mix but there is a part with wha-wha that is great, right in the middle of the song. Then comes a solo from Buckethead that extends behind Axl's voice and that is just great. I do not listen much to Finck, but he's there. Veredict: much harder than the End Of Days version.

Silkworms: It is definitely a work in process. Some vocal parts that we hear in the live versions are missing. Sounds like Nine Inch Nails has a son with Sex Pistols but, at the same time, it fits with the era of NIN's Broken or even Burn, from Lost Highway soundtrack. Right in the middle of the song, as in the live version, we have the eye of the storm with a moment of tense and somewhat annoying peace, which I love. It's a kick in the chest, I love it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

i know we're all dying for new material but those are literally the two worst songs in gnr's catalog after my world. tbh im not even interested in the least bit but thats just me

oh my god has a strong advantage over the solo album because mickey wasnt born in 1999

Edited by ludurigan
  • Haha 1