2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

9 minutes ago, Draguns said:

That's NOT GNR. If I want to listen to that type of music, I'll listen to Zombie, Korn and NIN for industrial. Those artists were never classic,  blues based hard rock. That's not their specialty. Ditto with  GNR going into industrial. It was NEVER Axl's forte. 

Sometimes artists crave to get out of their own comfort zones to get some inspiration, Axl just happened to be privileged enough to work with some of the leaders of the genre to put together something special..but then we have folk who will bitch and moan that New GNR didn't sound like they're just trying to record an 80's album in the 2000's.  :lol:

21 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Sometimes artists crave to get out of their own comfort zones to get some inspiration, Axl just happened to be privileged enough to work with some of the leaders of the genre to put together something special..but then we have folk who will bitch and moan that New GNR didn't sound like they're just trying to record an 80's album in the 2000's.  :lol:

Im all about getting out of the bubble and being creative, but what Axl did wasnt really about it, it was just about his ego and showing who was the boss. Had it been only about creativity we'd have five "new" guns albuns released and not just one. 

All the bitching about nuguns is because Axl were never able to move on, his fans and himself were all stuck in the past because he failed to deliver a consistent product that would make people move on. Thats the only reason why people still want GNR sounding like a 80s band. 

6 minutes ago, default_ said:

Im all about getting out of the bubble and being creative, but what Axl did wasnt really about it, it was just about his ego and showing who was the boss. Had it been only about creativity we'd have five "new" guns albuns released and not just one. 

All the bitching about nuguns is because Axl were never able to move on, his fans and himself were all stuck in the past because he failed to deliver a consistent product that would make people move on. Thats the only reason why people still want GNR sounding like a 80s band. 

I'd blame label issues too for not wanting to take part in Axl's wild ride after dumping the rest of the band.  :lol:

We could have had multiple albums if he chose a different route, releasing different music under a different name and leaving the GNR brand behind.

Dude, its so simple that i bet BBF just recorded his guitar parts just to see what would come out of it. There's some licks here and there, but basically is just :

Tuning D#/Eb
1st Riff 
Eb -------0-----3-----0----3----0-----3-----0----3----5 (Pinch Harmonics n' vibrato)--

"Listen motherfuckers....."
Eb -------0
A#--------2
F#---------2 let it ring out and then play it again

"Fuckin' litlle schemer..."
Eb -------0-----3-----0----3----0-----3-----0----3----5 (Pinch Harmonics n' vibrato)--

"Kneeelin' little dreamer...."

Eb -------0
A#--------2
F#---------2 let it ring out and then play it again

"Syphilitic preachers baby I know who you are...."

ABSURD

Power Chord 6th Fret on low E, then 
Eb -------6-----5-----3----

Outro : 
Eb -------0
A#--------2
F#---------2

ABSURD

Power Chord 6th Fret on low E, then 
Eb -------6-----5-----3----

~litlle solo~ 
and the song repeats itself till the end.

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

That's NOT GNR. If I want to listen to that type of music, I'll listen to Zombie, Korn and NIN for industrial. Those artists were never classic,  blues based hard rock. That's not their specialty. Ditto with  GNR going into industrial. It was NEVER Axl's forte. 

Why can't it be GNR? 

the old "ziz iz not guns n rozis, zis is axil with friends"

Well, at least, he got a point. The Main thing about chidem is that it's not (and don't even pretended to, or was intended to be) blues based hard rock 70's (Kinda New York Dolls thing)
Tks to Buckethead n' Finck, its power chord based. 

10 minutes ago, Mr_Sparkle said:

Maybe that was the question. 

In which case you shouldn't have posted that in the first place. We highlight the fact in every leak thread that posting requesting PM's isn't allowed. That's been the rule going back as far as the first CD leaks in 2006. 

4 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

In which case you shouldn't have posted that in the first place. We highlight the fact in every leak thread that posting requesting PM's isn't allowed. That's been the rule going back as far as the first CD leaks in 2006. 

I said maybe.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone heard the longer cell phone recording from the party that also includes Silkworms? From what I can make out, there's a lot more emphasis on the 'interesting drum patterns' Axl mentioned and some Pitman farts underneath what are definitely Bucket solos. Slightly different arrangement, sounds cool.

There's also a 9 sec studio clip that includes the "What can I do with a bitch like you" out there (not from the Evader mix or live, it's more spoken than sung).

32 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Has anyone heard the longer cell phone recording from the party that also includes Silkworms? From what I can make out, there's a lot more emphasis on the 'interesting drum patterns' Axl mentioned and some Pitman farts underneath what are definitely Bucket solos. Slightly different arrangement, sounds cool.

There's also a 9 sec studio clip that includes the "What can I do with a bitch like you" out there (not from the Evader mix or live, it's more spoken than sung).

New for me....is there a longer cell phone recording ? How long is that one ?

2 minutes ago, Finck2006 said:

No, it was Silkworms and the sound was even worse than the clip of the General. Alternate versions/mixes of better and ITW were played too.

Frustrating to know that there was a professional camera crew walking around filming at that Vienna party.

• Like 1