2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 minute ago, cpaxlvacy said:

Guys, i just took a picture of my windows player. It says Chinese Democracy Sessions Disc #8. Take a look:

i4VGAi0U_t.jpg

You can put whatever you want into a MP3 ID3 tag/Meta Info. 

You could label it the lost Watergate Nixon Tape if you wanted to.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's great to hear about IRS and CITR. 

The version of Prostitute that was sent to me about 30 minutes ago is clearly a fan made edit. 

Maybe there's another version I haven't heard. If people are happy with whatever out there, then that's cool :)

Idk how you can possibly think that is fan made :facepalm:

Edited by Pskihq92

4 minutes ago, cpaxlvacy said:

Guys, i just took a picture of my windows player. It says Chinese Democracy Sessions Disc #8. Take a look:

i4VGAi0U_t.jpg

You know metadata is super easy to fake, right? 

2 minutes ago, Pskihq92 said:

Idk how you can possibly think that is fan made :facepalm:

Get ahold of the RB tracks and play around with them. It's incredibly easy to make a low quality mix like this version of Prostitute. 

Does anyone still have the shit-quality recording of "IRS" from Eddie Trunk's radio show in 2003?

I was wondering if the lyrics from the new 1999 leak are the same as in that 2003 recording - Axl's phrasing is different in a lot of spots than what he sang on the final album

Trying to figure out how many times he re-recorded the vocals

Listening now. Prostitute is interesting, but I much prefer the album.

IRS was always cooler with this Moog keyboard and guitar riffs - way better than just the simple power chords progression in the later versions. And the ending sounds powerful with Josh's drums.

Catcher is miles better too. Everything in this version sounds more organic and refined. I love the arrangement in the ending. 

1 minute ago, TheSeeker said:

Does anyone still have the shit-quality recording of "IRS" from Eddie Trunk's radio show in 2003?

I was wondering if the lyrics from the new 1999 leak are the same as in that 2003 recording - Axl's phrasing is different in a lot of spots than what he sang on the final album

Trying to figure out how many times he re-recorded the vocals

The vocals and lyrics are identical. The Trunk recording was the 99 recording, I am nearly sure.

• downzy changed the title to CD Demo Leaks **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**
9 minutes ago, cpaxlvacy said:

I know!! I'm a musician. Already recorded 8 albums. Believe me this are not fake!! Listen and enjoy

LOL, what does being a musician and recording albums have to do with anything? 

I've been in many professional studios with recording bands over the years but I didn't mention that because it has nothing to do with this. 

Again, I haven't heard this new IRS or CITR, I've only heard Prostitute. I can tell you that someone could very well easily create that version of the song with the RB files and about 15 minutes of spare time. 

I have an early flight, so I'm getting off here for the night anyway. People are going to hear what they want to and I'm truly happy for anyone who is enjoying listening to any tracks. 

I personally don't believe that version of Prostitute is legit though. That's all I'm saying. If others think it's real, good for them :)

• Like 1

So far, the early versions of Catcher, The Blues (2001 demo), Maddy and this version of IRS make the album versions sound completely neutered

My biggest gripe with the album versions is how they subdued the drums so it grooves way less than these demos and sound just needlessly polished.  When it comes to Guns N' Fucking Roses I put groove over polished any day of the week

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rebeldhipi said:

I never realised bumblefoots solo was so unpopular. I like it more than May's.

Dont get me wrong both are great.

Im happy to have both to listen to.

I like BBF's solo in it, actually I think it his most melodic moment on CD - but there is no arguing with that magical Brian May guitar tone that sings beautifully whatever he plays

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, what does being a musician and recording albums have to do with anything? 

I've been in many professional studios with recording bands over the years but I didn't mention that because it has nothing to do with this. 

Again, I haven't heard this new IRS or CITR, I've only heard Prostitute. I can tell you that someone could very well easily create that version of the song with the RB files and about 15 minutes of spare time. 

I have an early flight, so I'm getting off here for the night anyway. People are going to hear what they want to and I'm truly happy for anyone who is enjoying listening to any tracks. 

I persoanlly don't believe that version of Prostitute is legit though. That's all I'm saying. If others think it's real, good for them :)

It does!! Immediately you can tell if it's a fake or not. But i don't have time for this negativity. I'm enjoying the songs so much. Your loss my friend

• Haha 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

I must say I disagree. The RB files are not the true individual tracks. The leads track bounce between Robin and Bucket all the time, it would be rather difficult to cut down only the Bucket parts, and then somehow restore Robin's part in the other track (where it is mixed with rhythm guitars, keyboards and fx). Also, Axl's vocals are not doubled in the chorus in the same way. The drums are also different, both in tone and playing.  

• Like 1

All CD Demo leaks have been merged into this thread.  

We prefer to have all discussion of CD-related leaks of old demos contained to one thread.

Any new and unreleased song leaked will get its own thread.  But for the sake of forum organization we're asking all posted relating CD demo leaks to be kept to this thread.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• downzy changed the title to CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**
1 minute ago, cpaxlvacy said:

It does!! Immediately you can tell if it's a fake or not. But i don't have time for this negativity. I'm enjoying the songs so much. Your loss my friend

LOL @ "negativity"

And again, I'm not talking about "songS", I'm talking about Prostitute specifically. 

• Haha 1