2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

4 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

It has the heavy distorted guitars but there's no dynamics to it.

The song suffered when they changed the drums and put Ron's fretless parts on it.

Ikr, the guitar tone is fine but it has no power at all.

32 minutes ago, Lipfel said:

And I'm still waiting, from which songs Axl performed parts in his 2002 Piano-Solos. For example, there are two parts here after the Asshole song, which aren't part of any song, right? Atleast the second part after Asshole sure sounds like a songpart, just like the Prostitute-excerpt.

Wait, is it just me, or doesn't that piano part sound exactly like Atlas Shrugged? Starting at 1:11. I mean listen to that and then listen to the leak. It's the exact same melody, isn't it? I can sing along to that piano part with the Atlas lyrics.

• Like 1

Don’t  get me wrong:

I am truly happy for all of you who enjoy this leaks but it is nothing but embarrassing for this (reunited) band that their fans in 2019 (still) have to get their joy by discussing some shitty snippets and/or demo versions of tunes from fuckin New GNR era! 

I was so hyped in 2016 when the „reunion“ took place and really, really expected something great to happen, at least something beside a band touring non stop with the same setlist each night and a singer who is not willing to sing in a proper way but demanding ridiculous ticket prices. 

I know it’s been said a million times but it’s such a massive bummer how this reunion developed. Yes, I appreciate it very much that they covered most places of the world to give every fan the chance to see them live (ticket prices set aside). But apart from this? Nothing but a 1000$ boxset, 300$ photos, toy trucks, GNR air and one „brand new song“ from 1986 (?).

And now the band/management even takes down those leaks of 20 year old demos of CD era songs from the internet to stop even the last piece of joy the fans have. What is this?! Has the band ever cared about bootlegs from AFD and UYI era songs?! They have been worldwide available for 30 years, first on records and then digital. I would understand these takedowns if they would concern any new unheard material planned to be released on a new record. But why take any actions on some alternate takes of TWAT and what else has popped up during the last weeks. 

I am so pissed with this band right now that I didn‘t go to Duff‘s show in Cologne on Monday. And the ticket I paid for months ago was lying right in front of me on my desk. I starred for hours at the tocket but finally said fuck it and watched TV instead. And we are talking about a show of the legendary bass player of Guns N Fuckin Roses who I was a fan of since I was nine years old (I am 39 right now) and who would play deep cuts like Dead Horse. I just couldn’t go. Would you have told me that even one year ago I would have laughed you right in the face. Sad but true. 

Sorry for being off topic. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

It's mind boggling to me how the album sounded this good in 2000 and Axl (or the label) felt that it wasn't done yet. If this album had been released in 2000 with a follow up a couple of years later containing Better, Schacklers, The General etc I think that the CD incarnation of the band would have gotten a lot more respect from the public. 

PS. I find it kind of amusing that the song I'm enjoying most out of these is Going Down though, this semi-ballad version is just so freaking good. Doesn't sound anything like a GN'R tune but great none the less great!

Edited by youngswedishvinyl

38 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

It sounds motherfucking powerful. Album version doesn’t have the punch at all.

I'm running it through brand new studio monitors and they could well blow.

I may as well throw away my copy of cd, We now have enough to compile a HQ version of our own

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The drumming on the Freese version is tons better IMO. 

That's what I need to do for you when I return home to my stereo system on Friday night. 

I need to spend some of tonight organizing this so it's close to the album running order with the exception of the songs not on the album. 

Then I need to blast the shit out of it on my home system! 

For those who know the drums are superior, but Chinese Democracy is In Justice For All: No Bass. That’s what I heard, Bass. Give me some of that Bass Thang.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, betterman said:

According to a poster on reddit, this supposedly was tracklist of CDII:

• The General
    Zodiac
    Quick Song 
    Ides Of March 
    State Of Grace
    Berlin 
    Seven 
    Atlas Shrugged
    Silkworms 
    Down By The Sea
    Jackie Chan
    Thyme
    Perhaps Rearrange Life
    Soul Monster

Is there any reason to believe that's true?

14 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

I am so pissed with this band right now that I didn‘t go to Duff‘s show in Cologne on Monday. And the ticket I paid for months ago was lying right in front of me on my desk. I starred for hours at the tocket but finally said fuck it and watched TV instead. And we are talking about a show of the legendary bass player of Guns N Fuckin Roses who I was a fan of since I was nine years old (I am 39 right now) and who would play deep cuts like Dead Horse. I just couldn’t go. Would you have told me that even one year ago I would have laughed you right in the face. Sad but true. 

Don't let things happening on the internet to stop you from living and doing things in the real world.

I mean, hunting and listening to these demos can be considered as a weird hobby. Some people fix their cars and some people compare wines. This is kind of the same. Like "this version of Chinese Democracy from 1999 has a smokey aroma with a hint of leather". I agree that it is silly that the management is pulling these demos down from the internet. I would understand if they were going to release a box set with these, but they aren't.

But, come on, don't purposely miss seeing your favorite artists (especially when you already had a ticket), they won't be here forever.

Sorry for the rant, and I hope I didn't sound too disrespectful. All the best, cheers! :)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, betterman said:

• The General
    Zodiac
    Quick Song 
    Ides Of March 
    State Of Grace
    Berlin 
    Seven 
    Atlas Shrugged
    Silkworms 
    Down By The Sea
    Jackie Chan
    Thyme
    Perhaps Rearrange Life
    Soul Monster

The guy who posted that is not reliable at all. Seriously.

It's just a random list of titles, not an album.

• Like 3

Just now, jekylhyde said:

Don't let things happening on the internet to stop you from living and doing things in the real world.

I mean, hunting and listening to these demos can be considered as a weird hobby. Some people fix their cars and some people compare wines. This is kind of the same. Like "this version of Chinese Democracy from 1999 has a smokey aroma with a hint of leather". I agree that it is silly that the management is pulling these demos down from the internet. I would understand if they were going to release a box set with these, but they aren't.

But, come on, don't purposely miss seeing your favorite artists (especially when you already had a ticket), they won't be here forever.

Sorry for the rant, and I hope I didn't sound too disrespectful. All the best, cheers! :)

Yeah, fuck that guy. And his whole premise. TV? I watched TV instead. I was given tickets to see VR in NJ the day of the Simpson’s 400 episode and my friend seriously tried to convince me to watch it over getting out of the comfort zone. That night we snuck into the PIT and saw VR perform Wish You Were Here after Scott lost his brother to drugs. TV. Pffftttt.

7 minutes ago, betterman said:

• The General
    Zodiac
    Quick Song 
    Ides Of March 
    State Of Grace
    Berlin 
    Seven 
    Atlas Shrugged
    Silkworms 
    Down By The Sea
    Jackie Chan
    Thyme
    Perhaps Rearrange Life
    Soul Monster

Reminds me of when @wasted would post his perfect tracklist of CDII, complete with a description of what the songs would sound like.

The more i listen to CITR the more i believe it's so underrated

This song is huge,could be a big Queen/Beatles song anytime

Great fucking song with Brian May's feel

ps:badass bass stinson line should have stayed as in these leaks.So much Smells like a teen spirit vibe.Could have been classic if it was up in the mix

32 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

I get where you're coming from, but in the end, Duff still got your money, and you missed out on a show. You let him gain while you lost.