RussTCB

CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

25 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I think this is awesome but I'm going to go against the grain here and say I can see why the label didnt think these were ready. Despite some over production (mainly some of the vocal effects), the final version is a better product imo.

Yeah the final product sounds more like “Guns N’ Roses,” whereas these versions would’ve made a pretty solid Axl solo album imo.

Those versions were ready to go... Damn it by now we could have had a couple more records released instead of one heavily overproduced effort

• Like 3

Am I the only one who remembers a lot of this stuff being on YouTube back in the day? The only ones I hadn’t heard until now were the 99 Prostitute and 99 Chinese Democracy (which is way, way better than what ended up on the album.) 

Out of curiosity, has a demo of This I Love ever been found?

I fucking love what I've heard. There was one person who said it sounded exactly the same as the 2008 release, uh... no. Maybe it does to casual listeners, but for the true lovers of CD, it's a big change.

I've listened to every version so far, and I'm very happy with those "new" takes, with a very clean sound.

I have to say, even though I've listened to Prostitute for god knows how many times, I do wonder if Axl's vocals are different on "version 3" on some parts. Maybe it's the mix that tricks my perception. It might be the same vocals.

However, the instrumental has huge differences all over those mixes. Street of dreams/The Blues sounds soooooo great like this. Very similar to the leak we got last year or two years ago, but finally a very clear sound. The ending part is just better that way.

Chinese Democracy sounds better with Josh Freese, the drums are perfect, the sound... Amazing.

Catcher, which is one of my fav CD songs, sounds so much nicer as well with Brian May, I can't help but wonder why Bumblefoot was asked to replace his parts. It just works better this way. It's not just May, it's the mix, Axl's vocals in the background, some differences, it's much more coherent.

IRS is marvelous. I don't have much love for Riad, but I have to say it sounds a lot better here.

TWAT, I have to say I prefer the 2008 version. Buckethead has to be on there, period.

This version of Going Down also works better.

I could go on an on, but overall, I prefer those versions, except TWAT.

I just have zero clue what happened, it goes beyond my comprehension. From what I understand, all of those songs were ready to go in 2000?? And it's not even "properly mixed"? How come the mix sounds better than the 2008 mix by far? Who the fuck mixed the 2008 product, I can't remember. What the fuck happened. Why the 8 years delay?

Somebody should really do a recap of everything that went down during the making of CD and explain it clearly, with details. So much time as gone by, I forgot a lot of stuff, and I'm just confused about the whole situation in 2019. Also, any hints as to how this leaks now? Why? Where? WHAT YEAR

• Like 3

Also, Axl sticking with the same vocal tracks for nearly 10 years is just hilarious. Almost everything else gets changed/re-recorded yet his vocals are the same all the way through. :lol: Can’t make this shit up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

Don't get me wrong. But for me it is too much excitement for some CD leftovers that didn't even get on Album. Plus it was Axl and hired hands work. Personally don't want to see Slash is working on this stuff. I want new music with 3,4,5/5 members and I am willing to buy even bad album with new songs that this. 

So if they released a new album and it was bad, you’d prefer it just because you know Slash is on it?

• Like 1

These versions are a lot better than the final product. Hardschool vs Scraped... Easy win to Hardschool

Tommy's bass on Chinese kicks some serious ass and RIAD sound's better than ever.

All those chances record label (or AXL) made were unnecessary (except for Bucket in TWAT) 

This thing should have been released in 1999 

2 minutes ago, lightBLASTER said:

Also, Axl sticking with the same vocal tracks for nearly 10 years is just hilarious. Almost everything else gets changed/re-recorded yet his vocals are the same all the way through. :lol: Can’t make this shit up.

"They call me one-take Axl!"

"Yeah, but your takes all sucked"

"YOU'RE FIRED - WHERE'S MY AUTOTUNE?"

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It's 4:27am where I am and the first thing I'm going to do is apologize to @cpaxlvacy and @Pskihq92. I went to bed VERY cynical last night and was telling how fake Prostitute was. 

Needless to say I just woke up and found out a ton of stuff leaked and it's VERY real :)

No need to apologize my friend but thanks! I hope you enjoy the leaks. This is the way the album was meant to be. It's sooo good :)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lightBLASTER said:

This is something I feel doesn’t get discussed enough. I can’t believe the final vocal on Madagascar was never re-recorded. The first verse sounds like he’s still trying to figure out how he wants to sing it, rhythm-wise. And his overall voice sounds like he’s still just warming up. Also missing the “oh, oh oh oh” before the sample-medley.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

49 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

how do we know that?

Ears? i cant hear him on the other one's. Maddy 1999 I guess

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Weird that Bucket is on Hard School and Riad but nothing else

I believe the percussive guitar in Prostitute (where the solos should've been) are from Buckethead's killswitch. Who knows.

• Like 1

There's lots of irrelevant threads pinned on the news section.

From a phone device u need to scroll down like 5 kilometers in order to reach a new fresh topic.

I wish some mod rearranged that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

Listening to rhiad again.

Are we sure its bucket on the solo? It sounds a bit robin esque

Is there a new Rhiad leak?

Going Down left the strongest impression on me.

I woke up wanting to listen to it again.

Of course, CD, Riad, and Prostitute are all incredible with Josh Freese and a better mix. 

First time I can said that a song from CD is at the level of the big 3 GNR with this version of Chenise. U take of all this fucking alectronic stuff and it's rock amazing

Just now, Gnrfan2001 said:

Going Down left the strongest impression on me.

I woke up wanting to listen to it again.

Of course, CD, Riad, and Prostitute are all incredible with Josh Freese and a better mix. 

Just lined up both versions of going down to see if I could get axls vocals on this new version,

Both versions are diff tempos but with some chopping up and stretching bits out here n there it sounds good.

16 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

Listening to rhiad again.

Are we sure its bucket on the solo? It sounds a bit robin esque

first part is robin 2nd part is bucket. Its the same solo as it was on the antiquiet version

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

So the 1999 era songs have leaked?

It's a mix of the Sean Beaven produced album with Josh Freese on Drums, and Roy Thomas Baker.  But indeed, what has leaked is the version of the album that should have come out in 2002, and in my opinion, the strongest version by far.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

Man, I find it hard to believe some people are seriously accusing Bob Ezrin for CD's fate. How long did Bob Ezrin last as a producer? How many producers did Axl go through? After Bob Ezrin's input, how long did it take Axl to release his album? 8 years? Long after Ezrin was gone, "soon [was] not the word".

Besides, I don't remember his advise being "just keep the same vocal tracks, basically the same songs, add even more layers of shit on top, add another guitarist, and keep tinkering for a decade or so". If anything he thought the whole thing was too disjointed and overlaboured. Maybe he thought he was talking to a stable, first-class professional musician and band leader who could rework and simplify some songs, bring more cohesion, freshness and focus to the whole project and perhaps write a rocker or two  with some chance of getting some radio airplay. Nothing a guy that had fronted the biggest band in the world for years couldn't do in a few months of hard work.

If Axl had had any conviction or trust in his own vision (or any coherent vision to begin with), he would've pushed through and the record would've come out in 2000 or 2001, 2002 tops. Blaming any of the myriad of producers, record-company execs or band members that came and went is silly. If it hadn't been Bob's brief stint, it would've been sth else - Bucket joining, Bucket leaving, Finck leaving, Finck re-joinging, the new drummer has to re-record things just as they were, the new drummer has to re-record them his way, the record-company doesn't want it out, the record company wants to rush it, there is not enough material, there is too much material, etc., etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if Slash and Duff were forced to work around vocal tracks that are decades old for their next project. Just surreal. And Axl was said to have recorded them in about a week... Imagine if he had put in two weeks! We could've had Rock the Rock in 2003 tops.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I believe the percussive guitar in Prostitute (where the solos should've been) are from Buckethead's killswitch. Who knows.

I dont think thats the killswitch. Sounds more like what Dave Kushner played on the intro of Slither.

Im not a guitar player so i dont know what the technique is.