2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

50 minutes ago, marinergtfc said:

So the ‘99 (leaked so far) album goes something like this in, no particular order

chinese

the blues

hardschool

prostitute

going down

twat

irs

catcher w/ brian may

rhiad

...what other songs would be on the ‘99 version?

How the hell do you post/upload an image from your pc here?

Edited by Jordan Rose

Listening to these gives me the feeling that listening to sound city did, it's cool to hear Early versions of the tracks, but probably won't be something I'll come back to for multiple listens.

Although it would be cool if someone remixed the 2 going downs though, so we could get a decent version with Axl vox.

37 minutes ago, jamillos said:

So where does the SoD snippet from a few years ago fit? The one with the Axl's incredibly raspy voice? I thought it would be a part of this otherwise awesome collection, but the voice is the one from the record. 

Seriously, does anyone know? Because these songs all have the vocals we already know, but the bit I’m talking about sounds like from a parallel universe and in itself is better than all this together. Now THAT I would love to hear in its entirety. If this is 99, when is that SoD bit from? 

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

It's a mix of the Sean Beaven produced album with Josh Freese on Drums, and Roy Thomas Baker.  But indeed, what has leaked is the version of the album that should have come out in 2002, and in my opinion, the strongest version by far.

So from this labelling mess i'm thinking these aren't necessarily from the locker/15CDs?

leaks.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

So from this labelling mess i'm thinking these aren't necessarily from the locker/15CDs?

leaks.jpg

If you are a recording artist you can mess with your "demos" as much as you like. I wouldn't put any effort to track names... Just listen how it sounds!

I think we're seeing the leaks now because that 15-CD set has been cloned and will be available for sale soon

The tracks will be worthless to hoarders at that point - might as well create some excitement now while they still can

Reminds me of the idiot who paid $1000 for the Chinese Democracy album 5 days before it was released and posted it on here

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheSeeker said:

I think we're seeing the leaks now because that 15-CD set has been cloned and will be available for sale soon

The tracks will be worthless to hoarders at that point - might as well create some excitement now while they still can

Reminds me of the idiot who paid $1000 for the Chinese Democracy album 5 days before it was released and posted it on here

Let's hope this is the case & the hoarders get nothing for all of this.

4 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

So that's why? I wasn't even aware of this set. What's on this boxset exactly? Can we expect The General & the rest of the vault?

Can we please have a TRANSLATOR here? ; ) We neeeed an interpreter.

Edited by D..

8 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

leaks.jpg

Doesn't look like it does it? Looks like someone else wanted to join in the fun if you ask me, but who knows?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

leaks.jpg

I was thinking all these with "Chinese Democracy Sessions disc x" were from the locker. The others might be too, but by another source who gave them a different label? But I'm just guessing.

32 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

1. UMG had to accept the record and keep funding/allow Axl to continue recording. They aren’t exactly at no fault here

2. They brought in Roy Thomas Baker to re-record a lot of what was there. Ezrin was never a producer. He gave the songs a listen and gave his opinion 

3. You’re underestimating the low handed objectives of labels at the top. Relationships and favors. If they wanted Slash back in the fold to sell records, having a guy that Axl would listen/respect like Bob Ezrin say that the songs arent done is def an avenue they’d go down. That’s not beneath them. 

4. The songs sound finished. They didn’t need re-recording or 5 guitar layers added upon them. This could very well had been an elaborate stand off between Axl and the label. Keep giving him money and he’ll just keep tinkering with it as a big FU after they wouldn’t support his vision. 

I was specifically referring to people here basically blaming Bob Ezrin for the whole CD fiasco.

Any way you cut it, Axl sat on this material for 9 years, and then for 11 years (and counting) for the rest. If it's all an elaborate ruse to harm uncooperative record execs out of spite, I don't see how that improves his case to be honest.

Whatever, it's a shame all around. Hopefully one day we'll get a humongous box-set with EVERYTHING. But I keep thinking of all the fans that've croaked since CD and its follow-ups were first announced, and I wonder if I'll make it... But it will all be worth it if one version has louder bass or noodling coming from the opposite speaker or whatnot.

Edited by El Nono Pololo

5 minutes ago, illusion23 said:

If you are a recording artist you can mess with your "demos" as much as you like. I wouldn't put any effort to track names... Just listen how it sounds!

Missing my point. Firstly all of these were very likely being hoarded for years before the 15Cds were discovered. But if they ARE from the 15 Cds why a random mish mash? I personally can't be arsed to compare the track names and numbers to see if they ARE from the 15 Cds. But they could just as easily be someone deciding to offload because it's all coming out anyway. That Chinese box has even more than 15 Cds including the unreleaed songs with vocals like Tonto...if it's real.