2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

1 hour ago, appetite4illusions said:

Great to hear all these, but I disagree with lots of people on the mixing.

I hear a mess, just like I'm sure Jimmy Iovine and his people must have. The bass is THUNDEROUS. Like it manages to diminish most of the songs. 

The interesting guitar textures and keyboard sounds in the 1999 demos are still here, but they are played down and subservient to the BOOM. Songs like The Blues, go off the rails with the production - too many things going on...

I've always, always wanted to hear the 99 album, now that I've heard a good portion of the songs from that era - I'm undecided. I like what's going on for the most part - but the mix is in such dire straits. 

Agree on the boom, probably just rough demo mixes, the bass tone sounds like shit when isolated. From the stripped down Chinese Democracy, it is clear that Axl wanted that song to be GN'R's Smells Like Teen Spirit, so many similarities. Cool to hear this stuff, prefer the songs without Bumblefoot on them, his angular widdling was a low light of CD for me.

Do people really like this Twat mix? It's my favourite song ever and it's gross. Surely not close to a final mix. The it was a long time part is horribly discordant. Vocals at end buried. Bass on your face. 

Catcher vocals always suck. Can't even tell what he's saying half the time if you don't know. May's solo better than Ron's kitchen sink but don't get the praise. When you know it's pasted together it seems really obvious. Miss Ron's solo over the outro which does elevate it. 

Chinese stew is SICK. I never liked the song before but that is fucking mean. 

Am I the only one not intereseted in all those leaks?

Now what's this boxset? Is it something official? I hope so because that would mean Axl's ready to bury that era and start something new with Slash and Duff on his side. 

If it's not official then I'm even less interested. 

All I want is new music now with Axl, Slash and Duff.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, D.. said:

Somebody should really do a recap of everything that went down during the making of CD and explain it clearly, with details. So much time as gone by, I forgot a lot of stuff, and I'm just confused about the whole situation in 2019. Also, any hints as to how this leaks now? Why? Where? WHAT YEAR

Google "GNR Evolution Chinese Whispers Guns N' Roses." They have a very detailed account.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Now what's this boxset? Is it something official? I hope so because that would mean Axl's ready to bury that era and start something new with Slash and Duff on his side. 

I’m with you I’m not bothered with it either 

Edited by Gold top 78

16 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

It reminds me of Flaming Lips Yoshimi. Someone pointed that out on Reddit. And Yoshimi didn't come out till several years after this song was written.

What the hell I thought I was the only one that heard more than a bit of FL at the begginning of the track. But not necessarily Yoshimi though, several other songs of theirs from their back catalogue have this same vibe. That's completely gone on the first version we heard a few years back.

11 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Do people really like this Twat mix? It's my favourite song ever and it's gross. Surely not close to a final mix. The it was a long time part is horribly discordant. Vocals at end buried. Bass on your face. 

I like the intro and verses. Chorus sounds pretty bad and messy. So yeah I think it’s the only song that I like more in album version. + Buckethead solo takes this song to whole different level. Without it, it’s still a good song but final version is Chinese Democracy magnum opus imo.

10 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

You really don't want to hear "Prostitution" and "Shackler's Rebunge"? Wow.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nico-ferro said:

hey, just read on another site that the full 20 cds JUST leaked minutes ago. is there any truth to that?

Where did you read that?

EDIT: don’t answer if it’ll get you in trouble.

EDIT2: if you read it on the band’s reddit then don’t take it seriously. The guy who posts threads there all the time is full of shit.

Edited by rocknroll41

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Where did you read that?

EDIT: don’t answer if it’ll get you in trouble.

EDIT2: if you read it on reddit then don’t take it seriously. The guy who posts threads there all the time is full of shit.

thats where. thanks for clearing it up. have been getting my GNR fix lately from there so i might change my leak provider then haha

Just looked through the leaked tracklist. The only discs of substance are the first five and then Disc 15 (with re-recorded WttJ and KOHD) and Disc 16 (with Prom Violence).

Just now, Liquor & Whores said:

apart from Goin Down without Axl, is there anything there that wasn't released on a record? I mean I aint interested in The Blues version no. 3995

The 16-disc boxset has like 15 songs with Axl vocals that we never heard before and then like 12 instrumental songs we never heard before either... but none of it has leaked yet.

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Just looked through the leaked tracklist. The only discs of substance are the first five and then Disc 15 (with re-recorded WttJ and KOHD) and Disc 16 (with Prom Violence).

Can you direct me to the track list ? I don’t see it